Man left 'heartbroken' after axe-throwing venue forced to shut

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Yes.

From tme to time I like to comment on developments in the axe throwing industry..

I think that everyone involved in the community will feel the pain of this gentleman and join me in comisserating with him.

But hold on a second. Something doesnt add up here.. He blames coviid and yet the examples he gives are inflation related.

Which is it ?

The name of the venture was Real Axe. That is not a catchy title and you need to repeat it a few times before the meaning dawns on you.

Subtlety and nuance are not valued over much among hardcore axe throwers.

Is it possible that the venture sank because of bad business decisions made by the management ?

I think that might be the case. The article mentions a comedy night at the venue. A savvy operator would have held a drag queen comedy event to appeal to tranny axe throwers. They tend to be single and childless and have more diasposable income.

So in summary my sympathy for this idiot is only limited to the basic level of humanity that we all feel for life failures. It really was his own fault.

Yes.

From tme to time I like to comment on developments in the axe throwing industry..

I think that everyone involved in the community will feel the pain of this gentleman and join me in comisserating with him.

But hold on a second. Something doesnt add up here.. He blames coviid and yet the examples he gives are inflation related.

Which is it ?

The name of the venture was Real Axe. That is not a catchy title and you need to repeat it a few times before the meaning dawns on you.

Subtlety and nuance are not valued over much among hardcore axe throwers.

Is it possible that the venture sank because of bad business decisions made by the management ?

I think that might be the case. The article mentions a comedy night at the venue. A savvy operator would have held a drag queen comedy event to appeal to tranny axe throwers. They tend to be single and childless and have more diasposable income.

So in summary my sympathy for this idiot is only limited to the basic level of humanity that we all feel for life failures. It really was his own fault.
We had one in my neighborhood. They were offering free appetizers and I was told that their queso was outstanding. So I went there one night. The queso ruled! The appetizers were so-so. Had a great corned beef sandwich with homemade Russian dressing.

The whole Axe throwing thing was pretty ridiculous. Out of shape people (like myself) trying to hurl an axe. After about 3 throws, most had their fill of axe throwing.

It has since closed

We had one in my neighborhood. They were offering free appetizers and I was told that their queso was outstanding. So I went there one night. The queso ruled! The appetizers were so-so. Had a great corned beef sandwich with homemade Russian dressing.

The whole Axe throwing thing was pretty ridiculous. Out of shape people (like myself) trying to hurl an axe. After about 3 throws, most had their fill of axe throwing.

It has since closed
It sounds a bit like ten pin bowling.

It has since closed
It sounds a bit like ten pin bowling.Everybody tries it once.

I've been axe throwing one time, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was very satisfying to sort out which axe style was best for me and to hit the high point value spots on the target. And I guess I wasn't very out of shape, because I didn't get very tired.

I never really moved beyond darts when it came to throwing sharp things. I was shit at darts.
The trouble with darts is it takes too many. My bro-in-law got really smashed late one night and decided to attack a skunk with my blow darts. In the morning, my wife found him sleeping it off on our lawn, stinking to high heaven. He seemed quite proud of himself, but I don't recall any dead skunk.

I've been axe throwing one time, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was very satisfying to sort out which axe style was best for me and to hit the high point value spots on the target. And I guess I wasn't very out of shape, because I didn't get very tired.
So you get a choice of axe ?

So you get a choice of axe ?
Oh, absolutely. They had about a half dozen different styles, weights and shapes of axes, plus for an extra fee you could throw knives or even ninja stars. It was a blast for my wife and me. We were able to try the different styles and weights of axes to find the one that felt the most natural and we could be the most accurate with. Then they had various games you could play, somewhat like darts in which you earned points based on where on the target your axe stuck.