Man arrested on hate crime charges after racist rant caught on video at In-N-Out Burger

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Police arrested a Colorado man on hate crime charges after he was seen on a TikTok video making "racist and homophobic" comments at an In-N-Out Burger on Christmas Eve in California.

Two friends of Asian descent were recording a video of themselves when Jordan Krah, 40, approached them "unprovoked" and caused them to fear for their safety, according to a news release from San Ramon police Monday.

"My friend and I were filming his reaction to my in-n-out order when this happened…" TikTok user Arine Kim wrote in the caption of the viral video.

In the nearly three-minute edited video, Kim can be seen passing her friend a fry when the voice of a man addresses the two friends and says several slurs. Kim appears to be shocked as her friend laughs uncomfortably.

Later, the man can be heard asking the friends if they are "Japanese or Korean" and then states: "You're Kim Jong Un's boyfriend, huh?" The man makes a crude statement about "gay sex."

Here you go Ray, this should please you better since it happened in California which is in the United States.

Did the fellow actually assault anyone? Its not a crime for an American to speak their piece, even if it is offensive.

In fact, ESPECIALLY if its offensive, as inoffensive speech doesn't need protection.

We do still have a 1st Amendment and freedom of speech after all.

Police arrested a Colorado man on hate crime charges after he was seen on a TikTok video making "racist and homophobic" comments at an In-N-Out Burger on Christmas Eve in California.

Two friends of Asian descent were recording a video of themselves when Jordan Krah, 40, approached them "unprovoked" and caused them to fear for their safety, according to a news release from San Ramon police Monday.

"My friend and I were filming his reaction to my in-n-out order when this happened…" TikTok user Arine Kim wrote in the caption of the viral video.

In the nearly three-minute edited video, Kim can be seen passing her friend a fry when the voice of a man addresses the two friends and says several slurs. Kim appears to be shocked as her friend laughs uncomfortably.

Later, the man can be heard asking the friends if they are "Japanese or Korean" and then states: "You're Kim Jong Un's boyfriend, huh?" The man makes a crude statement about "gay sex."

Here you go Ray, this should please you better since it happened in California which is in the United States.
Get a life

Did the fellow actually assault anyone? Its not a crime for an American to speak their piece, even if it is offensive.

In fact, ESPECIALLY if its offensive, as inoffensive speech doesn't need protection.

It can however, be the local version of assault - imminent fear of physical harm or offensive touching. There may be other charges in that specific jurisdiction.

Per the police release he was charged with 422.6 Committing a Hate Crime. Per Google:
California Penal Code [CPC] §422.6(a) – Hate Crimes – California Penal Code §422.6(a) makes it illegal to interfere with another's rights because that person possesses any actual (or perceived) characteristic protected by the law. Hate Crimes are punishable by a year in a county jail and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

WTF?
Let me get this straight. He was arrested for using racial slurs directed at them? That's it?!!!

Really, like what was the crime here anyway, name calling? It's a crime to make fun of people because of their race or ethnicity?

If this guy fights the charge they're going to have a hell of a case fighting the first amendment.

Back in the 70's who took more slack about their ethnicity than us people of Polish descent? It was nearly the theme of the most popular television show at the time All In The Family.

Then they get insulted when we call them snowflakes. Now speaking words is a criminal offense.

Do some homework. Verbal assault is against the law in California.

Fine, it's noted. Is this the kind of nation we wish to become?
Yes. Everyone should have the right to eat crappy greasy In N Out burgers in peace and not be threatened, so that they can learn from their mistake and discover Whataburger or Mighty Fine.*

*Pro-tip the best burgers are actual at barbeque joints.

Here's the fun part, had that been me and my family, he would have instantly had an M&P in his face while we waited for the police to arrive. If he even blinked funny his brains would have been sprayed across the room. He made a threat that I would have taken as a lethal threat, and acted accordingly. And this is Texas.

Yes. Everyone should have the right to eat crappy greasy In N Out burgers in peace and not be threatened, so that they can learn from their mistake and discover Whataburger or Mighty Fine.*

*Pro-tip the best burgers are actual at barbeque joints.

Here's the fun part, had that been me and my family, he would have instantly had an M&P in his face while we waited for the police to arrive. If he even blinked funny his brains would have been sprayed across the room. He made a threat that I would have taken as a lethal threat, and acted accordingly. And this is Texas.

What threat? They were laughing at the guy. Not once did they ask him to leave them alone.

They stayed until the store closed. 'I'll see you outside' is a threat of harm.

In Texas you betcha.

When I actually lived in Cali I would have just immediately jumped him. But I am older now.

That Caucasian dude was lucky that he picked on two Asians to harass.

If his victims had been of a certain other ethnicity, he would now be recovering in a hospital.

Forum List

Back