Mammagram. They Found Something in my Breast

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
I got a call five minutes ago. I got the results of my mammagram.

They found something.

They want me to come back for more extensive tests.

Oh Lord. My sister already survived breast cancer, and she got it at the same age I am now.

What am I going to do?

My husband is already very sick. I was up all night with him in the emergency room.

How can I tell him? He's got too much on his plate right now. I can't worry him as sick as he is!

I've never been so scared in all my life.

Who can I tell?

That's why I've put it here. I have to get this off my chest to someone. I can't tell my kids. I can't tell my kids.

Flame me. I don't care if you flame me. I really don't.

As a matter of fact I want you to joke and flame me about it.

Let me blow off the steam here and feel better about it.

So, long as I keep MY BIG MOUTH SHUT to my husband. I don't want to weaken. I can't tell him about this now. He's too sick with these headaches to add this stress to his plate.

I wouldn't be so scared if my sister hadn't already been through this.

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

Tell your husband and maybe your sis; it might not be anything, but even sick he will give you a sounding board and your sister will be able to help you navigate.

Don't tell anyone else until you get the results. Lots of prayers for you and keep us posted!

You can confide in your sister and she will tell you that you can get through this. Many women are being saved thanks to meds and everything.
You will get through this and you will survive.
Many on this board will pray for you including me.
Believe me you will be OK.
It might also be something else and not cancer.

So sorry to hear it.

Remember its may not be cancer.

Most lumps turn up negative for cancer.

Hang in there girl friend.

Tell your husband and maybe your sis; it might not be anything, but even sick he will give you a sounding board and your sister will be able to help you navigate.

Don't tell anyone else until you get the results. Lots of prayers for you and keep us posted!

He's having these real bad tension headaches. So bad, he's had to go to the emergency room twice.

I'm afraid, if I tell him, it will trigger another headache.

Right now, I figure I'll keep quiet, just in case it's nothing, and let him get well.

But I appreciate being able to spout about it here. It keeps me from letting it out to my family right now.

I mean I got one kid, who's in college, and works, and is looking toward marriage. She doesn't need this right now.

The other kid is only 13. She's too young.

Hubby is sick. I can't tell anyone!

It's best I stay quiet right now, until I learn more.

Thank you for the prayers.

You can confide in your sister and she will tell you that you can get through this. Many women are being saved thanks to meds and everything.
You will get through this and you will survive.
Many on this board will pray for you including me.
Believe me you will be OK.
It might also be something else and not cancer.

I know.

I wouldn't be nearly so worried about this, if I wasn't in the high risk group because my sister already has survived the same cancer.

But maybe I should talk to my sister. I'll try to call her some time this weekend.

She's never home on Friday night.

They found something.

Oh Lord. My sister already survived breast cancer, and she got it at the same age I am now.

What am I going to do?

My husband is already very sick. I was up all night with him in the emergency room.

How can I tell him? He's got too much on his plate right now. I can't worry him as sick as he is!

Who can I tell?

That's why I've put it here. I have to get this off my chest to someone. I can't tell my kids. I can't tell my kids.

So, long as I keep MY BIG MOUTH SHUT to my husband. I don't want to weaken. I can't tell him about this now. He's too sick with these headaches to add this stress to his plate.

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

Honey, take a deep breath. I went thru the same thing and all it was was dead fatty tissue. Benign. Keep calm. I know that is hard to do but that's probably all it is. Dead Fatty Tissue. Keep telling yourself that.
I'll light a candle for you.

Good luck. I hope the doctor is just being overly cautious.

Times like this try a person's soul. You don't have to tell him so soon. Given time, it will play out for the best, so give it and yourself time.
Cowgirl attitude and lotsa luck........

They found something.

What am I going to do?

Who can I tell?

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

Honey, take a deep breath. I went thru the same thing and all it was was dead fatty tissue. Benign. Keep calm. I know that is hard to do but that's probably all it is. Dead Fatty Tissue. Keep telling yourself that.
I'll light a candle for you.

Yes, exactly... And if it does turn out to be some bad cells just be thankful you caught it early enough that they can get it out of there so you can survive just like your sister did...

When can they get you in for the more extensive tests? Hopefully next week? I'm afraid it's going to be a very long weekend for you. :( Hugs.

You should tell your sister, you need to tell someone and since she's been through it herself she will be able to help you through it. Prayers for you and keep us updated!

They found something.

What am I going to do?

Who can I tell?

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

I'm a five year survivor of breast cancer.... chances are really good today that even if it is cancer, it's treatable. Nothing to be scared about until you know more. Talk to your sister, she can help you through this. Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

This begs a question:

Will this automatically cause your insurance rates to go up? Or do they wait until something is definitively determined? And does dead fatty tissue make your rates go up?

I know that if you get a speeding ticket, your insurance goes up, but if you decide to fight it in court, nothing happens until it has been adjudicated.

Good luck, TPS.

This begs a question:

Will this automatically cause your insurance rates to go up? Or do they wait until something is definitively determined? And does dead fatty tissue make your rates go up?

I know that if you get a speeding ticket, your insurance goes up, but if you decide to fight it in court, nothing happens until it has been adjudicated.

Good luck, TPS.
My experience tells me the insurance will not go up.

Here is hoping the tech made a boo boo and some dust got on the lens.

Or something.

I hope it really is nothing. But take care of it now.

They found something.

What am I going to do?

Who can I tell?

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

Take it easy, you don't have to tell him until you know something more.

Take some deep breaths, even if your sis had it doesn't mean you will get it.

Breathe and take a walk if you can.

Last edited:

They found something.

What am I going to do?

Who can I tell?

Oh Lord, I'm scared.

Hmmm, If a Flame would help... :flameth::flameth::flameth:

But somehow I think you need something else. :eusa_shhh:

Take things slow ... calm down ... you are not alone.

The hardest part is going to be the waiting. Waiting until you get a definitive answer. And you just want ot reach out to everyone you love for support. I don't know what ot tell you about your husband. Follow your heart on that one. My gut, from what I'm hearing would be to say nothing right now. Talk to your sister though.

For what it's worth, my wife has been told 3 times they thought they saw something and she had to go back. all 3 times it was nothing

Welp. My husband found out without me.

I wasn't counting on them sending me a letter as well notifying me of the results.

He gave it to me and told me to read it.

I looked at it, already knowing what the letter would say, pretended to read it, and told him, "Yeah, it's fine."

I guess I'm not a good liar. He picked up, I was trying to blow the whole thing off and asked to see the letter.

Crap . . .

I hope this doesn't cause him to have another headace. Damn!

Forum List

Back