Making daughter-in-law do house work not unusual’: Kerala High Court

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Pushing a daughter-in-law to do household chores is “not something unusual”, the Kerala High Court observed last week, allowing a plea for divorce filed by a man against his wife.

The woman had refused to live with the man citing ill-treatment by the mother-in-law and exhorted him to move out with her, which the man presented in court as “cruelty”.

“We do not find any other justifiable reason for her to get the petitioner’s mother excluded from the family or to be desirous of having a separate residence to the exclusion of her. The persistence of the respondent (wife) was unbearable for the petitioner,” the judgment authored by justice Mary Joseph noted.

I'm so glad I'm American.

There are plenty of immigrants from India who share the peculiar beliefs of this family

But, I'm not one of them.

My mother's generation fought those battles so I didn't have to. I do what I want.

Sometimes I come across these articles that remind me how lucky I am to be female and a US citizen.

There are plenty of immigrants from India who share the peculiar beliefs of this family

My mother's generation fought those battles so I didn't have to. I do what I want.

Sometimes I come across these articles that remind me how lucky I am to be female and a US citizen.
Good for you

I am a firm believer in the melting pot

Immigration works best when immigrants become more like the existing American culture

Good for you

I am a firm believer in the melting pot

Immigration works best when immigrants become more like the existing American culture

It happens by the 3rd generation. I'm (technically) a 3rd generation Italian. My mom's parents arranged a marriage for her and my grandfather told her that she was not going to college because she was a woman and didn't need it. She went to college and didn't marry the guy they told her to but she was caught between two very different cultures.

Modern feminism destroys cultures. This woman should have embraced the chance to serve HER family.
I bet she is a miserable wench.

Forced to live with a mother n law that you can't stand is in intolerable cruelity..............

They need an N LAW SUITE.........To have to go to court to stop it......and being turned down is completely different to our culture............thank God.

Forum List

Back