"Make the Rich Panic"

Kill the kulaks....why does that sound so familiar
Chris Hedges Make the Rich Panic - Chris Hedges -Truthdig
"The fundamental law of revolution, which has been confirmed by all revolutions, and particularly by all three Russian revolutions in the twentieth century, is as follows: it is not enough for revolution that the exploited and oppressed masses should understand the impossibility of living in the old way and demand changes, what is required for revolution is that the exploiters should not be able to live and rule in the old way. Only when the“lower classes” do not want the old way, and when the “upper classes”cannot carry on in the old way—only then can revolution win."

by giving them too much money? Or not enough billions?

Retard.
"This is called revolution. It is about ripping power away from a cabal of corporate oligarchs and returning it to the citizenry. This will happen not by appealing to corporate power but by terrifying it. And power, as we saw in Baltimore, will be terrified only when we take to the streets. There is no other way."
Stop being a victim.
Maybe Chris will lead the way and I'll laugh as they stuff his ass into the back of a paddy wagon as he foams over at the mouth. Most of America will not tolerate a Baltimore. The "power" was the mayor ordering the troops to stand down. He's like a toddler that let it go to his head when mommy didn't slap the piss out of him, like she should have.

1. The mayor of Baltimore is a women, not a he.
2. Most of the protest was non violent, of course peaceful protest is not news.
a. Violent acts sell
b. Violent acts cloud the issue
c. Violence - such as occurred in Baltimore - is Red Meat for bigots
d. Violence, as in child abuse, is illegal and counterproductive.

makerichpanic_590.jpg

Chris Hedges's latest column at Truthdig argues that "(i)f you want change you can believe in, destroy the system", and he draws on examples from stories he has personally observed over a two decade long career in over fifty countries:

"When I was a foreign correspondent I covered revolts, insurgencies and revolutions, including the guerrilla conflicts in the 1980s in Central America; the civil wars in Algeria, Sudan and Yemen; and the two Palestinian uprisings or intifadas, along with the revolutions in East Germany, Czechoslovakia and Romania and the war in the former Yugoslavia. I have seen that despotic regimes collapse internally."

Chris is also clear about how little US presidential elections matter to those who market ALL the candidates, including Bernie and Lizzy:

"It does not matter to the corporate rich who wins the presidential election. It does not matter who is elected to Congress. The rich have the power. They throw money at their favorites the way a gambler puts cash on his favorite horse.

"Money has replaced the vote.

"The wealthy can crush anyone who does not play by their rules. And the political elites—slobbering over the spoils provided by their corporate masters for selling us out—understand the game. Barack and Michelle Obama, as did the Clintons, will acquire many millions of dollars once they leave the White House."

Yes, as I have said and preached for many years now, "the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential control politics, policy and legislation". Our government is bought and paid for. What we have is , "taxation without fair, equal, and just representation." Once elected to office, professional politicians exert their will, and not the will of the people. "The Washington Brotherhood" is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. This has become more pronounced and a realization over the pass 50 plus years. Yet, voters continue to play the game, aid and abet the "sellers" of this once great nation, and honestly believe that they're doing their patriotic duty on election day.

In reality, we, the voters, are to blame for allowing the creation of a self-serving puppet government to sit in Washington. Professional politicians do not just waltz into Washington and take a seat, we place them there with our votes. We give them control, then complain about the direction of this country, and the many social and economic woes that constantly make daily headlines. And while complaining, we never realize that we are the root cause and source of our own frustrations and disappointments. We never learn, but rather we continually do the same thing on election day, yet expect a different result each time.

I'm willing to bet the farm, that come November 2016, voters will once again elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I'm also willing to bet the farm, that it wont be long after election day, before voters start complaining and blaming one political party or the other. We'll hear Democrats blaming Republicans, and we'll hear Republicans blaming Democrats, the routine never changes. In addition, I'm also willing to bet the farm, that voters will not blame themselves for being stupid enough and gullible enough to continue electing the self-serving egotistical crooks to office. We'll continue to hear the usual lame cop-outs, "I voted for the lesser of two evils", or "I'm not going to waste my vote".

"The Selling of America" has been going on for many decades now, and will continue as long as we, the voters, allow it to happen. As long as we, the voters, aid and abet the "Sellers", we can't expect anything other than what we're seeing and experiencing now, and have seen and experienced for many decades, through both Republican and Democrat administrations. As long as we remain divided along party lines, they win, we lose. The worse fear of professional politicians, and of "The Washington Brotherhood", is a United Citizenry. We can not lay a solid foundation for future generations as long as we play party politics, it's impossible.
So this outsider comes to Washington and is elected with no experience, simply because of his race, and everything he does makes urban blight and decay worse.

Way to go....

"The fundamental law of revolution, which has been confirmed by all revolutions, and particularly by all three Russian revolutions in the twentieth century, is as follows: it is not enough for revolution that the exploited and oppressed masses should understand the impossibility of living in the old way and demand changes, what is required for revolution is that the exploiters should not be able to live and rule in the old way. Only when the“lower classes” do not want the old way, and when the “upper classes”cannot carry on in the old way—only then can revolution win."

I have to disagree, successful revolutions are lead by the Middle Class, and the Middle Class will tolerate the status quo unless and until their expectation of things getting better don't, at that point they say (in the words of Camus, The Rebel), "NO".

You can shut down Walmart in a fucking week, just by no one shopping there, kind of FUCKING easy don't Ya think?

You got two types of buyers at a Walmart. Some of them make so little money that they don't have much choice but to shop at the store with the cheapest goods which sometimes translates into the cheapest price.

And you have Republicans who have enough money to shop in a higher quality store but are so fucking cheap with their money that they have to buy the cheapest products that can find. Doesn't matter if the stuff is junk. As long as it's cheap and made in China.

Which group are you in bear?
When zeke? Which decade?

In the 80s ~2000s when I was 18 thru 40 I never gave a rats ass about money...

I Had it I blew it :) Because I hated lines and Liked fine stuff

But now I am old Zeke, have to save up for retirement, so I changed, now I love my pawn shops and thrift stores, I have no one to impress anymore

Thats what happen when you grow up zeke.

Retard.
"This is called revolution. It is about ripping power away from a cabal of corporate oligarchs and returning it to the citizenry. This will happen not by appealing to corporate power but by terrifying it. And power, as we saw in Baltimore, will be terrified only when we take to the streets. There is no other way."
Stop being a victim.
Maybe Chris will lead the way and I'll laugh as they stuff his ass into the back of a paddy wagon as he foams over at the mouth. Most of America will not tolerate a Baltimore. The "power" was the mayor ordering the troops to stand down. He's like a toddler that let it go to his head when mommy didn't slap the piss out of him, like she should have.

a. Violent acts sell
I was talking about the author of the hit piece, if that's a she, big difference. Taking streets is not peaceful. The streets belong to the public, not just the malcontents.

thank your stinking party and Your now DEAR leader FOR THIS. And why jobs LEFT this country..ALL PLANNED FOLKS

snip:
Summer of Franchise Discontent Small business franchisees to put human face to cost of regulation Share Tweet Email AP BY: Bill McMorris May 5, 2015 5:00 am The International Franchise Association plans on flooding Congress with small business owners over the summer to remind lawmakers about the consequences of regulatory
all of it here:
- See more at: Summer of Franchise Discontent Washington Free Beacon

MEAN while thank gawd for our MASTERS in Government

snip:
Feds Will Regulate Christmas Lights
‘Substantial product hazard’
Tweet
Email

Wikimedia Commons

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
May 5, 2015 5:00 am

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a regulation for Christmas lights on Monday, deeming some holiday decorations a “substantial product hazard.”

all of it here:
Feds Will Regulate Christmas Lights Washington Free Beacon

There was a revolution in Baltimore and the sane, civil and working people fled for the hill. You're looking at post-Progressive Revolutionary society in Baltimore

I have to disagree, successful revolutions are lead by the Middle Class, and the Middle Class will tolerate the status quo unless and until their expectation of things getting better don't, at that point they say (in the words of Camus, The Rebel), "NO".

The Middle Class revolted at the LBJ Soviet Model Cities, they voted with their feet and fled!

have to disagree, successful revolutions are lead by the Middle Class, and the Middle Class will tolerate the status quo unless and until their expectation of things getting better don't, at that point they say (in the words of Camus, The Rebel), "NO"
I don't think Lenin had much experience with a middle class. That is one BIG difference with today.

makerichpanic_590.jpg

Chris Hedges's latest column at Truthdig argues that "(i)f you want change you can believe in, destroy the system", and he draws on examples from stories he has personally observed over a two decade long career in over fifty countries:

"When I was a foreign correspondent I covered revolts, insurgencies and revolutions, including the guerrilla conflicts in the 1980s in Central America; the civil wars in Algeria, Sudan and Yemen; and the two Palestinian uprisings or intifadas, along with the revolutions in East Germany, Czechoslovakia and Romania and the war in the former Yugoslavia. I have seen that despotic regimes collapse internally."

Chris is also clear about how little US presidential elections matter to those who market ALL the candidates, including Bernie and Lizzy:

"It does not matter to the corporate rich who wins the presidential election. It does not matter who is elected to Congress. The rich have the power. They throw money at their favorites the way a gambler puts cash on his favorite horse.

"Money has replaced the vote.

"The wealthy can crush anyone who does not play by their rules. And the political elites—slobbering over the spoils provided by their corporate masters for selling us out—understand the game. Barack and Michelle Obama, as did the Clintons, will acquire many millions of dollars once they leave the White House."

Yes, as I have said and preached for many years now, "the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential control politics, policy and legislation". Our government is bought and paid for. What we have is , "taxation without fair, equal, and just representation." Once elected to office, professional politicians exert their will, and not the will of the people. "The Washington Brotherhood" is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. This has become more pronounced and a realization over the pass 50 plus years. Yet, voters continue to play the game, aid and abet the "sellers" of this once great nation, and honestly believe that they're doing their patriotic duty on election day.

In reality, we, the voters, are to blame for allowing the creation of a self-serving puppet government to sit in Washington. Professional politicians do not just waltz into Washington and take a seat, we place them there with our votes. We give them control, then complain about the direction of this country, and the many social and economic woes that constantly make daily headlines. And while complaining, we never realize that we are the root cause and source of our own frustrations and disappointments. We never learn, but rather we continually do the same thing on election day, yet expect a different result each time.

I'm willing to bet the farm, that come November 2016, voters will once again elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I'm also willing to bet the farm, that it wont be long after election day, before voters start complaining and blaming one political party or the other. We'll hear Democrats blaming Republicans, and we'll hear Republicans blaming Democrats, the routine never changes. In addition, I'm also willing to bet the farm, that voters will not blame themselves for being stupid enough and gullible enough to continue electing the self-serving egotistical crooks to office. We'll continue to hear the usual lame cop-outs, "I voted for the lesser of two evils", or "I'm not going to waste my vote".

"The Selling of America" has been going on for many decades now, and will continue as long as we, the voters, allow it to happen. As long as we, the voters, aid and abet the "Sellers", we can't expect anything other than what we're seeing and experiencing now, and have seen and experienced for many decades, through both Republican and Democrat administrations. As long as we remain divided along party lines, they win, we lose. The worse fear of professional politicians, and of "The Washington Brotherhood", is a United Citizenry. We can not lay a solid foundation for future generations as long as we play party politics, it's impossible.
So this outsider comes to Washington and is elected with no experience, simply because of his race, and everything he does makes urban blight and decay worse.

Way to go....
Yep, that's exactly what stupid voters did, you're correct. They elected him on race, and not on what he would and could do for this nation and her citizens. And, guess what, stupid voters are going to do the same thing in November 2016. They'll elect another professional politicians to run this country, then spend the next four years complaining. Voters continue to do the same thing election after election, yet expect a different result each time. Go figure.

Retard.
Stop being a victim.

a. Violent acts sell
I was talking about the author of the hit piece, if that's a she, big difference. Taking streets is not peaceful. The streets belong to the public, not just the malcontents.

Your wrote: "The "power" was the mayor ordering the troops to stand down. He's like a toddler that let it go to his head when mommy didn't slap the piss out of him, like she should have.

You were referencing the mayor; you may have thought otherwise, but if so you were wrong. There is a difference between a peaceful protest and a violent one, not withstanding your biased opinion.

have to disagree, successful revolutions are lead by the Middle Class, and the Middle Class will tolerate the status quo unless and until their expectation of things getting better don't, at that point they say (in the words of Camus, The Rebel), "NO"
I don't think Lenin had much experience with a middle class. That is one BIG difference with today.

He was born Vladimir Ilich Ulyanov on April 22, 1870, in Simbirsk, Russia, which was later renamed Ulyanovsk in his honor. In 1901, he adopted the last name Lenin while doing underground party work. His family was well-educated, and Lenin, the third of six children, was close to his parents and siblings.

School was a central part of Lenin’s childhood. His parents, both educated and highly cultured, invoked a passion for learning in their children, especially Vladimir. A voracious reader, Lenin went on to finish first in his high school class, showing a particular gift for Latin and Greek.

But not all of life was easy for Lenin and his family. Two situations in particular shaped his life. The first came when Lenin was a boy and his father, an inspector of schools, was threatened with early retirement by a suspicious government nervous about the influence public school had on Russian society.

BBC - History - Historic Figures Vladimir Lenin 1870 - 1924

The Middle Class revolted at the LBJ Soviet Model Cities, they voted with their feet and fled!

You seem to get dumber and dumber. Why is that, do you consume too much alcohol?

You seem to get dumber and dumber. Why is that, do you consume too much alcohol?

Have you been to Baltimore lately, Freddo?

Baltimore kids receive the second highest amount of tax dollars per student in the nation.
And that proves what, exactly?
How the Finnish school system outshines U.S. education

I don't disagree with you that their system is better than ours. You can see what you get when the feds run our education system. An aside, perhaps if our students stayed at recess for 6 hours a day rather than being in a classroom learning the garbage that they're taught right now, they would more than likely be 100 time smarter.

Have you been to Baltimore lately, Freddo?

15 years or so ago my sons and I caught an Oriole Game. Why do you ask? We took light rail into the Inner harbor and (at the insistence of my sons went to lunch at Hooter's, the food sucked but the views were terrific).

I've flown into BWI several times, the landing in the fall is spectacular, coming in over the Bay with all the colors in fall splendor is worth the air fare.

Forum List

Back