"Make the Rich Panic"

You are not telling me anything I do not know, unfortunately we live in a country so perfectly immunized against populist anger that I hold little hope that enough regular people will ever walk out their door and attempt to change things for the better.

Hey at least we live in a benevolent plutocracy. At least when the Democrats are running things.

One of the reasons I think the ultra rich worked so hard to get unlimited, undisclosed money into the political campaigns is that the ultra rich want to control all the political messages. And with enough money they can control the air time and like you said, most Americans get a lot of their political info from the TV.

We used to have a few populists in this country. Back in the 30ties for sure. But the ultra rich worked hard to marginalize them and they have succeeded. Bernie Sanders is the closest thing to a real populist that I have seen in my 61 years.

Lying fuck. Democrats destroyed Detroit and Baltimore.

Good god you are fucking stupid. But at least you "own" your stupidity. Lucky you, ya dumb fuck.

But really frank, how did those Democrat Mayors of those cities convince the companies to leave for other countries and why did they do that?

Seeing as how you are claiming that Dem Mayors destroyed those cities by removing those jobs, how and why did those Mayors do that?

I live in a Rust Belt City.

The mayors didn't send the jobs away, that is true.

But they have had 50 years to respond to the problem.

The dems in charge here have actually managed to stop the population decline and to bring some jobs back.

They were pretty slow in responding, but after a couple of generations they did.

Show us where Republican policy pushed jobs out of Detroit and Baltimore to China?

Here is a better idea. Why don't you show us ONE Republican policy that was implemented and intended to keep manufacturing jobs in cities like a Detroit or a Baltimore. Can you do that? Do those Republican policies exist? Why weren't they effective?

Lying fuck. Democrats did it. Baltimore and Detroit were all Democrat Model Cities starting in the late 60's. You fuckers destroyed every model city you touched

Yeah, the sending of manufacturing jobs by Republican Free Traders had nothing to do with that.

So why isn't every American city looking like the ones run by Democrats?

Democrats destroyed the schools, destroyed civil society, made the rich and middle class flee, then they blame it on Booooosh.

LOL

I live in a Rust Belt City.

The mayors didn't send the jobs away, that is true.

But they have had 50 years to respond to the problem.

I live in Ohio. Close to Dayton. Which used to have a great many manufacturing jobs. Particularly in the automotive field. Of course with GM here in a big way, that opened up the opportunities for machine shops and foundries and all sorts of other manufacturing jobs that supported the auto industry. We also had NCR and Dayton Tire and Rubber and a huge printing industry.

ALL of those jobs are gone. There is no more GM presence in Dayton. Where DELCO was started. The machine tool industry is a shell of its former self etc etc,.

The mayors of Dayton did what they could. Which was mostly tax breaks. The UAW accepted a two tier wage arrangement to keep building S10 trucks here. Didn't work.

So what do you think Mayors of rust belt cities could have/should have done to keep those jobs in their cities?

Yes, as I have said and preached for many years now, "the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential control politics, policy and legislation". Our government is bought and paid for. What we have is , "taxation without fair, equal, and just representation." Once elected to office, professional politicians exert their will, and not the will of the people. "The Washington Brotherhood" is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. This has become more pronounced and a realization over the pass 50 plus years. Yet, voters continue to play the game, aid and abet the "sellers" of this once great nation, and honestly believe that they're doing their patriotic duty on election day.

In reality, we, the voters, are to blame for allowing the creation of a self-serving puppet government to sit in Washington. Professional politicians do not just waltz into Washington and take a seat, we place them there with our votes. We give them control, then complain about the direction of this country, and the many social and economic woes that constantly make daily headlines. And while complaining, we never realize that we are the root cause and source of our own frustrations and disappointments. We never learn, but rather we continually do the same thing on election day, yet expect a different result each time.

I'm willing to bet the farm, that come November 2016, voters will once again elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I'm also willing to bet the farm, that it wont be long after election day, before voters start complaining and blaming one political party or the other. We'll hear Democrats blaming Republicans, and we'll hear Republicans blaming Democrats, the routine never changes. In addition, I'm also willing to bet the farm, that voters will not blame themselves for being stupid enough and gullible enough to continue electing the self-serving egotistical crooks to office. We'll continue to hear the usual lame cop-outs, "I voted for the lesser of two evils", or "I'm not going to waste my vote".

"The Selling of America" has been going on for many decades now, and will continue as long as we, the voters, allow it to happen. As long as we, the voters, aid and abet the "Sellers", we can't expect anything other than what we're seeing and experiencing now, and have seen and experienced for many decades, through both Republican and Democrat administrations. As long as we remain divided along party lines, they win, we lose. The worse fear of professional politicians, and of "The Washington Brotherhood", is a United Citizenry. We can not lay a solid foundation for future generations as long as we play party politics, it's impossible.

Wouldn't "fair, equal and just" representation regarding taxation be associated with those who pay taxes and prorated to the amount of taxes they pay?

You know ... Like you pay $10 bucks in taxes, you get one vote ... $100 bucks in taxes 10 votes ... And so on (or whatever just an analogy).
I mean that would be at least a fair and just tax in regards to representation.

But if you think it is fair or just to have people who don't pay taxes vote on paying themselves more of someone else's money ... That isn't fair or just.
Otherwise ... The rich having influence could just be the way they ensure against other people stealing their money with more votes.

Last edited:
Yes I believe that, the money they spend is an investment and they expect a return on their investment.
All politics in the US is farce:
"'The rich are only defeated when running for their lives,' the historian C.L.R. James noted. And until you see the rich fleeing in panic from the halls of Congress, the temples of finance, the universities, the media conglomerates, the war industry and their exclusive gated communities and private clubs, all politics in America will be farce."
Chris Hedges Make the Rich Panic - Chris Hedges -Truthdig

But if you think it is fair or just to have people who don't pay taxes vote on paying themselves more of someone else's money ... That isn't fair or just.
Otherwise ... The rich having influence could just be the way they ensure against other people stealing their money with more votes.

Wow, another Stockholm Syndrome Conservative speaks.

The poor ARE paying taxes. They are probably p aying a greater percentage in taxes than the rich do when you factor in sales taxes and payroll deductions.

So why isn't every American city looking like the ones run by Democrats?

Actually, most of them do for the same reason. People moved out to the Suburbs because they were nicer. Then they started demanding the few jobs that didnt' get sent overseas get moved to the suburbs so they wouldn't have to drive so far.

It's obvious you live in Mom's basement.

What is the voter participation rate for welfare recipients? Is it great enough to swing an election at the national level? Or even the state level?

Which candidate runs on the platform that if they get elected by poor people, that the poor person will get more money? Who is that candidate?

Or is this just some right wing fantasy to explain why more people vote Dem than Repub??

Of course the same could be said for Republican voters. They think they will get more money in their pockets by voting for a Republican.

Whats' the difference? Money is money. Buying votes is buying votes.

Yes, as I have said and preached for many years now, "the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential control politics, policy and legislation". Our government is bought and paid for. What we have is , "taxation without fair, equal, and just representation." Once elected to office, professional politicians exert their will, and not the will of the people. "The Washington Brotherhood" is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. This has become more pronounced and a realization over the pass 50 plus years. Yet, voters continue to play the game, aid and abet the "sellers" of this once great nation, and honestly believe that they're doing their patriotic duty on election day.

In reality, we, the voters, are to blame for allowing the creation of a self-serving puppet government to sit in Washington. Professional politicians do not just waltz into Washington and take a seat, we place them there with our votes. We give them control, then complain about the direction of this country, and the many social and economic woes that constantly make daily headlines. And while complaining, we never realize that we are the root cause and source of our own frustrations and disappointments. We never learn, but rather we continually do the same thing on election day, yet expect a different result each time.

I'm willing to bet the farm, that come November 2016, voters will once again elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I'm also willing to bet the farm, that it wont be long after election day, before voters start complaining and blaming one political party or the other. We'll hear Democrats blaming Republicans, and we'll hear Republicans blaming Democrats, the routine never changes. In addition, I'm also willing to bet the farm, that voters will not blame themselves for being stupid enough and gullible enough to continue electing the self-serving egotistical crooks to office. We'll continue to hear the usual lame cop-outs, "I voted for the lesser of two evils", or "I'm not going to waste my vote".

"The Selling of America" has been going on for many decades now, and will continue as long as we, the voters, allow it to happen. As long as we, the voters, aid and abet the "Sellers", we can't expect anything other than what we're seeing and experiencing now, and have seen and experienced for many decades, through both Republican and Democrat administrations. As long as we remain divided along party lines, they win, we lose. The worse fear of professional politicians, and of "The Washington Brotherhood", is a United Citizenry. We can not lay a solid foundation for future generations as long as we play party politics, it's impossible.

Wouldn't "fair, equal and just" representation regarding taxation be associated with those who pay taxes and prorated to the amount of taxes they pay?

You know ... Like you pay $10 bucks in taxes, you get one vote ... $100 bucks in taxes 10 votes ... And so on (or whatever just an analogy).
I mean that would be at least a fair and just tax in regards to representation.

No connection. Voting and taxation are only remotely connected. "Fair, equal, and just representation" covers EVERYTHING our representative do. It includes all laws, foreign policy, spending, our military, and each and every piece of legislation. "Fair taxation" is a whole 'nother conversation. Voting should never be tied to wealth, taxes, or anything other than citizenship and age.

Lying fuck. Democrats did it. Baltimore and Detroit were all Democrat Model Cities starting in the late 60's. You fuckers destroyed every model city you touched
Capitalists destroyed Detroit and Baltimore, or maybe you imagine Democratic mayors shipped millions of US jobs to communist China?
Again Don't want to admit the truth? Taxes and Union influence didn't send them away?

Tired of this

You liberals all ways say it is consumers, well then you dumb mother fuckers are the ones who sent the jobs away, you didn't want to pay $50 fucking dollars for a American made pair of Blue jeans, you wanted to pay $10 bucks, so the companies gave you what you wanted and sent the jobs overseas. FUCK YOU blaming cooperate greed

The ONLY GREED IS THE AMERICAN CONSUMER.

They gave you what you wanted and it cost a bunch of you your jobs DUMB FUCKS

Wow, another Stockholm Syndrome Conservative speaks.

The poor ARE paying taxes. They are probably p aying a greater percentage in taxes than the rich do when you factor in sales taxes and payroll deductions.

We are talking about fair representation in taxation ... Fair would equate to the amount of taxes you pay as far as representation.

What is the voter participation rate for welfare recipients? Is it great enough to swing an election at the national level? Or even the state level?

Which candidate runs on the platform that if they get elected by poor people, that the poor person will get more money? Who is that candidate?

Or is this just some right wing fantasy to explain why more people vote Dem than Repub??

Of course the same could be said for Republican voters. They think they will get more money in their pockets by voting for a Republican.

Whats' the difference? Money is money. Buying votes is buying votes.

Baltimore has been voting themselve welfare and govt goodies for decades. Now, look at their mess.

Forum List

Back