Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

So you agree with my assertion that it is the duty of every citizen to support and promote the general welfare?
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Yes, I learned the Preamble to the US Constitution years ago.

And I do my best to promote the general welfare. It is the duty of citizens to do just that.

Don't you agree?

From the OP:
“all individuals have a natural, inherent and unalienable right to food, including the right to save and exchange seeds and the right to grow, raise, harvest, produce and consume the food of their own choosing for their own nourishment, sustenance, bodily health and well-being.”
“as long as an individual does not commit trespassing, theft, poaching or other abuses of private property rights, public lands or natural resources in the harvesting, production or acquisition of food.”

Exactly what those words mean remains debatable.
What exactly words mean is always debatable. That's why we have dictionaries. Therefore, stating "Exactly what those words mean remains debatable" is saying exactly nothing. People demanding food rights is no harder to understand than people having food fights.

Much harder to understand is granting and enforcing corporate seed rights. People. Not corporations.

Last edited:
No person shall be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law, nor be denied the equal protection of the laws, nor be denied the enjoyment of that person's civil rights or be discriminated against in the exercise thereof.

Forum List

Back