Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

Independent Mainers rejected Canada's attempt to mow down a path through the pristine wilderness in order to sell electricity to Mass. Were they tricked into altering their state constitution with this food issue?

not eating is a good thing! folks need to be skinny!

Freedom is a great thing.

I cannot imagine any freedom as essential as the fundamental right to try to feed one's family without assistance from others, including utilizing one's property and God's green Earth to grow the food one wishes, as long as one does not create a public nuisance.

Ironically, I suspect a lot of Dems are against "granting" this liberty, even though there it can potentially be a very green activity (no transport of food and less trips to a grocery store.) Full organic, or full of pesticides and fertilizers, whatever one prefers. Can save a ton of money, particularly considering the rapid inflation at the grocery stores we are witnessing.

Freedom really is a great thing. So is skinny, as you said, but not because of starvation. :)

This is a tug of war between municipalities and private food distribution companies.

All my food comes from private distribution.

I don't need government cheese.

image-placeholder-title.jpg

yes we do.

you are “advocating” for something we already have…my guess though is it’s largely due to the fact you don’t know what it is you are actually advocating for…
You must be on the right-wing. Am I supposed to believe you have nothing but the "gospel Truth" simply because you proclaim it instead of having Any valid argument to support your claim?

Why do right-wingers allege I am the lazy one?

You must be on the right-wing. Am I supposed to believe you have nothing but the "gospel Truth" simply because you proclaim it instead of having Any valid argument to support your claim?

Why do right-wingers allege I am the lazy one?
what do you want me to argue? You have used phrases, that you appear not to understand.

Maybe you can better example why you think people don't have equal protection under the law for unemployment insurance....

Forum List

Back