Madeleine Albright: 'I Can't Understand Why Any Woman Would Want To Vote For Romney'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Sam Stein

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- There's been no shortage of musing over Mitt Romney's failure to win over female voters. The gender gap is pronounced, and with the efforts of the president's political team, growing wider. Romney has been criticized for his failure to speak out in support of equal pay for equal work, he's been tied to some of his party's more hardline positions on abortion, and has been caricatured as a relic of a bygone era in which women put career ambitions aside.

But for all the talk of Romney's trouble among women voters, no Democrat has put it in the terms that former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright did in an interview with The Huffington Post on Monday.

"I'm not sure I'm going to state this exactly right," she said, sitting amidst a sea of convention-related activity and daytime wine drinkers in the Westin hotel lobby in downtown Charlotte. "But I think there are some who believe they are actually protecting women, you know, and that it is better for women to be taken care of. I think women want to take care of themselves, and I think having a voice in how that is done is very important. And frankly, I don’t understand -- I mean, I'm obviously a card-carrying Democrat -- but I can't understand why any woman would want to vote for Mitt Romney, except maybe Mrs. Romney."

More: Madeleine Albright: 'I Can't Understand Why Any Woman Would Want To Vote For Mitt Romney'

By Sam Stein

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- There's been no shortage of musing over Mitt Romney's failure to win over female voters. The gender gap is pronounced, and with the efforts of the president's political team, growing wider. Romney has been criticized for his failure to speak out in support of equal pay for equal work, he's been tied to some of his party's more hardline positions on abortion, and has been caricatured as a relic of a bygone era in which women put career ambitions aside.

But for all the talk of Romney's trouble among women voters, no Democrat has put it in the terms that former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright did in an interview with The Huffington Post on Monday.

"I'm not sure I'm going to state this exactly right," she said, sitting amidst a sea of convention-related activity and daytime wine drinkers in the Westin hotel lobby in downtown Charlotte. "But I think there are some who believe they are actually protecting women, you know, and that it is better for women to be taken care of. I think women want to take care of themselves, and I think having a voice in how that is done is very important. And frankly, I don’t understand -- I mean, I'm obviously a card-carrying Democrat -- but I can't understand why any woman would want to vote for Mitt Romney, except maybe Mrs. Romney."

More: Madeleine Albright: 'I Can't Understand Why Any Woman Would Want To Vote For Mitt Romney'

Because what Mr Romney and Mrs Romney have worked out for themselves, just like every couple in America, hasn't a dot to do with the rest of us. Mr. Romney gets that, as evidenced by his record as governor, Bain, and the Olympics. He's no problem with elevating working women, indeed he promoted them, time and again.

If women really don't want to be "taken care of" then why do they look for gov't to do it?

By Sam Stein

Because what Mr Romney and Mrs Romney have worked out for themselves, just like every couple in America, hasn't a dot to do with the rest of us. Mr. Romney gets that, as evidenced by his record as governor, Bain, and the Olympics. He's no problem with elevating working women, indeed he promoted them, time and again.

Obama LIED when he told women that Romney was against abortion even in the instance of rape or incest.

And we have some liberal braindead women in this country that believe that the MOST important issue during this election season is "who's going to pay for their birth control devices."

This is the DEMOCRAT party again INSULTING the intelligence of WOMEN in this country. Most women in this country worry if they or their husband will lose their jobs--and they are much more concerned about keeping a roof over their kids heads and food on the table.

And your right you look at the women in Republican administrations versus Democrat administrations--including what women were in Romney's administration versus what Obama has--and women outnumber in Republican administration's 3 to 1 than in Democrat administrations.

war-on-women-cartoon.jpg

Obama LIED when he told women that Romney was against abortion even in the instance of rape or incest.

And we have some liberal braindead women in this country that believe that the MOST important issue during this election season is "who's going to pay for their birth control devices."

This is the DEMOCRAT party again INSULTING the intelligence of WOMEN in this country. Most women in this country worry if they or their husband will lose their jobs--and they are much more concerned about keeping a roof over their kids heads and food on the table.

And your right you look at the women in Republican administrations versus Democrat administrations--including what women were in Romney's administration versus what Obama has--and women outnumber in Republican administration's 3 to 1 than in Democrat administrations.

war-on-women-cartoon.jpg
It's really difficult to keep up with what Willard believes from one moment to the next.

By Sam Stein

Please give us some "credible" proof of your claims.

Mitt Romney: Bad for Women | Center for American Progress Action Fund

Romney Refuses To Say Whether He Would Sign Lilly Ledbetter

war-on-women-cartoon.jpg
It's really difficult to keep up with what Willard believes from one moment to the next.

Yeah I know you ditto-head Romney used to be pro-choice. And you're worried about him?
You liberal women do it every single election year. This country is going off of a fiscal CLIFF--and you want to talk about abortion and who's going to pay for your birth control devices.

Unemployment is at 8.3% with real unemployment at 11% if you count those that have run out of unemployment benefits. 26 million Americans are unemployed or underemployed. There are 46 million Americans on food stamps. 1 in 5 families are now living beneath the poverty level. We are 16 trillion in red ink, with another 5 trillion to be added to this tab over the next 10 years in just INTEREST. A 24 year old is looking at paying $224,000 just in interest on this bill. Gas prices are up, food prices are up, and consumer confidence is in the tank--- and YOU WANT TO TALK

about birth control devices--and who's going to pay for them.
No wonder so many people in this country BELIEVE liberal women to be dumb. It's OBVIOUSLY the democrat party that believes WOMEN to be dumber than a 2 by 4.

obama_abortion1.gif

Feed the Poor and they'll "Breed"

GOP protects Pentagon, cuts school lunches for children

Too bad Republicans don't care as much for children AFTER they're born than before they're born.

I think it's just about showing their power over women, nothing to do with children at all. Ghouls.

I don't think you/ve had a functional brain cell working for years now. there have been many more women in Republican administrations than Democrat.

This economy is A WAR ON WOMEN--and it's Obama's WAR on WOMEN--and he did it with the stimulus bill.

Obama geared the 878 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill toward MEN. Women typically don't do road and bridge work or work on green energy construction projects. He left WOMEN completely out of the equation--and today they are 1/2 of the work force. Today there are approximately 1 MILLION women more than men in this country unemployed because of Barack Obama.

CMI-Obama%2520Wing%2520Man.jpg

By Sam Stein

:clap2::clap2:

By Sam Stein

Which, of course, demonstrates how these so called "brilliant" people on the left are nothing of the sort.

Romney supports a woman's right to kill her child.
Mitt Romney on Abortion throughout the Years (720p HD) - YouTube

Mitt Romney: "I will preserve and protect a woman's right to choose and am dedicated to honoring my word in this regard."

This guy is to the left of Obama on gay rights. Obama just charged his beliefs to run for this election...Romney has been for it his entire life.

Forum List

Back