Lynn Samuels remembered

Pennywise

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2013
Lynn Samuels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only just learned about the passing of this funny and original, former Talk Radio Personality. Way back in the mid 80's when Talk Radio was just starting to blossom, WABC in NY had Lynn's show on the air right before Rush, 10 to 12 to best of my recollection. She was a captivating personality, brash and obnoxious and loud, but with a clear undercurrent of goodness about her. I loved her show and her squeaky very Jewish NY drawl.

I'm certain there are few here who will care, but her passing is sad. She used to end her show every day with The Serenity Prayer(The Serenity Prayer), and she always came across as the real deal. When she said something, she meant it. And even though she was often screeching insane leftist dribble with a vocal tenor on par with a train trying to stop abruptly and failing, you always knew she was a good person, just somewhat off the rails in ideology.

Two years late, I bid a fair farewell to a woman I admired immensly, and whose entertainment stylings kept me fascinated and smiling in days gone by.

Forum List

Back