Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

Oh gee, I'm crushed. :lol:

You're also the assclown who brought that shit in in a desperate attempt to swat the topic away -- now you run away from it. As already noted, lynching was not a political act but a cultural one.

Apparently that distinction is beyond the scope of whatever passes for intellect between your ears.
Meanwhile your buddy asslips claims that every lynching was done by the KKK.

IIRC it was closed caption that made that statement.

Your confusion is understandable however, they all have the same rhetoric straight from the NOI playbook
Asslips repeatedly demanded I provide proof that any lynching was not done by the KKK, pretty clear he insists all were done by them.

lynching is a crime, but when confronted with the facts that blacks are more violent than the KKK they are strangely silent.

The study mentioned in the OP conveniently did not mention the black on white crime rate. No surprise as then blacks no longer can claim having the moral high ground.

Nothing "convenient" or "inconveninent" about it; the fact that lynching is a crime (at least it is now) still doesn't make this a thread about crime. As noted repeatedly the thread is not about crime or political parties or religion, though all of these have been trotted out as lame deflection attempts.

This is in fact a thread about terrorism.
It's right there in the title. Doesn't get much more straight to the point than that.

Asclepias is morally right to respond to squeeze's racist nonsense right out of the gate.

You should, too!

squeeze is no one that we want in the GOP, anymore than a lone-star or a S. J.

squeeze should say, "Yes, you are 100% right about lynchings and that the overwhelming numbers of serial killers are white men."

Then he can morally talk about black on black crime.
In other words you think it is ok for blacks to be racist but not whites. Guess what? You are wrong.
When you act like cave monkey expect me to let you know. Dont whine to anyone about what I say. You have control. I can talk to you civilly or I can talk down to your level. Makes me no difference.

Since those are your words, RGS, you are both wrong and a racist.
Wrong again. The racist here is asslips and you are making excuses for him. You admit that the white guys are racist and then claim because they are that forgives asslips for being one. You keep defending asslips racism. His is overt and telling, he hates white people, you included. he uses white women but he hates white men. And you defend him.
Stop whining. I have no problem with people of any race. However you act like a racist I will blast you verbally you sissy.

You're also the assclown who brought that shit in in a desperate attempt to swat the topic away -- now you run away from it. As already noted, lynching was not a political act but a cultural one.

Apparently that distinction is beyond the scope of whatever passes for intellect between your ears.

Your confusion is understandable however, they all have the same rhetoric straight from the NOI playbook
Asslips repeatedly demanded I provide proof that any lynching was not done by the KKK, pretty clear he insists all were done by them.

lynching is a crime, but when confronted with the facts that blacks are more violent than the KKK they are strangely silent.

The study mentioned in the OP conveniently did not mention the black on white crime rate. No surprise as then blacks no longer can claim having the moral high ground.

Nothing "convenient" or "inconveninent" about it; the fact that lynching is a crime (at least it is now) still doesn't make this a thread about crime. As noted repeatedly the thread is not about crime or political parties or religion, though all of these have been trotted out as lame deflection attempts.

It's right there in the title. Doesn't get much more straight to the point than that.

if the Equal Justice Initiative was truly equal they would include riots in Ferguson and elsewhere as terrorism too.
but .......
Who We Are Equal Justice Initiative

they are biased

if the Equal Justice Initiative was truly equal they would include riots in Ferguson and elsewhere as terrorism too.
but .......

Riots aren't terrorism, nor did Ferguson take place between 1877 and 1950.

Other than that complete set of red herrings, sterling point there. Sterling. They're exactly the same, except for being completely different.

they are biased

Actually it's about documentation.
Again, sterling point there. My head swims.

but .......

Other than that complete set of red herrings, sterling point there. Sterling. They're exactly the same, except for being completely different.

they are biased

giving black people a free pass ^

but .......

they are biased

"Free pass" to what? A noose?
You mean because the lynchers didn't charge them for the cost of the rope?

Such a deal.

This is supposedly about terrorism, right? Then why no talk about the terrorism that black gangs in inner cities exercise over their black neighbors? Mor blacks are murdered in a year by other black terrorists then were killed in one hundred years by the KKK and other white groups. And you don't want to talk about that. The terrorism of blacks is going on right NOW and you want to talk about something that ended in 1950? You specifically want to attack whites for actions that have not occurred in over 60 years. While ignoring the actions by blacks. I would say you have a racist agenda.

but .......

they are biased

Such a deal.

but .......

they are biased

Such a deal.

your source is a racist hate site and I will soon expose them as a racist org

This is supposedly about terrorism, right? Then why no talk about the terrorism that black gangs in inner cities exercise over their black neighbors? Mor blacks are murdered in a year by other black terrorists then were killed in one hundred years by the KKK and other white groups. And you don't want to talk about that. The terrorism of blacks is going on right NOW and you want to talk about something that ended in 1950? You specifically want to attack whites for actions that have not occurred in over 60 years. While ignoring the actions by blacks. I would say you have a racist agenda.

I "have a racist agenda" because the history of 1877 to 1950 ends in 1950?

Fuck your stupidity.

And learn what "terrorism" means. Terrorism is a show of violence done publicly for the purpose of coercion and/or intimidation. Simple murder is not terrorism. The whole idea of terrorism is to instill terror (DUH) in the population who survive it. It's when you chop the head off the enemy -- and then plant the head in the town square. Or leave the corpse swinging from a rope. The whole point of terrorism is that it has an audience.

THAT sir is what this thread is about -- that part of our history.
And you dare try to tell me :>I< have a "racist agenda"??

Fuck you all over again.

but .......

they are biased

Such a deal.

but .......

they are biased

Such a deal.

your source is a racist hate site and I will soon expose them as a racist org

Why
Eh
Double You
Enn.

Unfortunately what you'll have to argue is documeted case histories.
Rotsa ruck wit dat.

(Feb. 10)
>> The Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) today released Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror, which documents EJI’s multi-year investigation into lynching in twelve Southern states during the period between Reconstruction and World War II. EJI researchers documented 3959 racial terror lynchings of African Americans in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia between 1877 and 1950 – at least 700 more lynchings of black people in these states than previously reported in the most comprehensive work done on lynching to date.

... many African Americans who were never accused of any crime were tortured and murdered in front of picnicking spectators (including elected officials and prominent citizens) for bumping into a white person, or wearing their military uniforms after World War I, or not using the appropriate title when addressing a white person. People who participated in lynchings were celebrated and acted with impunity. Not a single white person was convicted of murder for lynching a black person in America during this period. <<

Full report/supplement/resources etc at the EJI Page here
Hard to believe this went on so recently. But those who ignore their past are condemned to repeat it.

Something of a microcosm of this legacy of lynching was offered in this treatise about the Klan in 1924 at the peak of its influence by a prolific writer and foreign world traveller who was at the time working as a pastry chef in New York and Boston:

>> From 1899 to 1919, 2,600 Blacks were lynched, including 51 women and girls and ten former Great War1 soldiers.

Among 78 Blacks lynched in 1919, 11 were burned alive, three burned after having been killed, 31 shot, three tortured to death, one cut into pieces2, one drowned, and 11 put to death by various means.

... Among the charges brought against the victims of 1919, we note: one of having been a member of the League of Non-Partisans (independent farmers); one of having distributed revolutionary publications; one of expressing his opinion on lynchings too freely; one of having criticized the clashes between Whites and Blacks in Chicago; one of having been known as a leader of the cause of the Blacks; one for not getting out of the way and thus frightening a white child who was in a motorcar. In 1920, there were fifty lynchings, and in 1922 there were twenty-eight.

These crimes were all motivated by economic jealousy. Either the Negroes in the area were more prosperous than the Whites, or the Black workers would not let themselves be exploited thoroughly. In all cases, the principle culprits were never troubled, for the simple reason that they were always incited, encouraged, spurred on, then protected by politicians, financiers, and authorities, and above all, by the reactionary press….

The place of origin of the Ku Klux Klan is the Southern United States. In May, 18663 , after the Civil War, young people gathered together in a small locality of the State of Tennessee to set up a club. A question of whiling away the time. This organization was given the name “kuklos”, a Greek word meaning “club”4. To Americanize the word, it was changed into Ku Klux. Hence, for more originality, Ku Klux Klan.

After big social upheavals, the public mind is naturally unsettled. It becomes avid for new stimuli and inclined to mysticism. The KKK, with its strange garb, its bizarre rituals, its mysteries, and its secrecy, irresistibly attracted the curiosity of the Whites in the Southern States and became very popular.

It consisted at first of only a group of snobs and idlers, without political or social purpose. Cunning elements discovered in it a force able to serve their political ambitions. The victory of the Federal Government had just freed the Negroes and made them citizens. The agriculture of the South – deprived of its Black labor, was short of hands. Former landlords were exposed to ruin. The Klansmen proclaimed the principle of the supremacy of the white race. Anti-Negro was their only policy. The agrarian and slaveholding bourgeoisie saw in the Klan a useful agent, almost a savior. They gave it all the help in their power. The Klan’s methods ranged from intimidation to murder….

The Klan is for many reasons doomed to disappear. The Negroes, having learned during the war that they are a force if united, are no longer allowing their kinsmen to be beaten or murdered with impunity. They are replying to each attempt at violence by the Klan. In July 1919, in Washington, they stood up to the Klan and a wild mob. The battle raged in the capital for four days. In August, they fought for five days against the Klan and the mob in Chicago. Seven regiments were mobilized to restore order. In September the government was obliged to send federal troops to Omaha to put down similar strife5. In various other States the Negroes defend themselves no less energetically. <<

-- "On Lynching And The Ku Klux Klan" by Nguyễn Ái Quốc (1924, translated from original French)
* Later in life Nguyễn Ái Quốc became editor/bureau chief of many newspapers and during World War II worked in tandem with US intelligence fighting Japanese incursion in Asia. He became more widely known by the name Ho Chi Minh.

Notes:
1 "Great War" refers to what we now call World War I, then just five years in the past
2 From evidence posted in this thread alone we know that many more than one were dismembered and/or burnt
3 The origin date is documented as Christmas of 1865
4 Actually it means "circle"
5 See post 11

Wasn't this a form of justice? if a crime was committed, shouldn't the perpetrator face justice?

Lynching was done to blacks Indians and whites. It was a form of frontier justice. Here's a shocker for you, most of those lynched were guilty of crimes. Many people think those who committed crimes were given due process while those lynched, especially blacks, were completely innocent.

That's American public education <sigh>.
Pathetic.

The lynchings were done by Democrats. And like you said, it wasn't that long ago.

Link?
Sure thing, dickwad.

Lynching in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You racist republicans continue this and have not made one black here decide to become republicans. Gaslighting is just not going to work.
I'm not trying to make you decide to become a Republican. You're too stupid for that.

Forum List

Back