Lyin' Brian Is Done

Bush Uranium Lie Is Tip of the Iceberg FAIR

Five months later, the truthfulness of one claim in George W. Bush's State of the Union address has become the focus of growing media scrutiny. The attention media are paying to this single assertion should be part of a larger journalistic inquiry into other misstatements and exaggerations that have been made by the Bush administration about Iraq.

In the January 28 speech, Bush claimed that "the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." That assertion was similar to claims made previously by administration officials, including Secretary of State Colin Powell (CBS Evening News, 12/19/02), that Iraq had sought to import yellowcake uranium from Niger, a strong indication that Saddam Hussein's regime was reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.

In fact, the Niger story, as documented by journalist Seymour Hersh (New Yorker, 3/31/03) and others, was based on crudely forged documents. In addition, the administration's own investigation in March 2002 concluded that the story was bogus. As one former State Department official (Time, 7/21/03) put it, "This wasn't highly contested. There weren't strong advocates on the other side. It was done, shot down."

Bush's use of the Niger forgeries has received considerable media attention in recent days. Much of this reporting has been valuable, and some outlets have broadened the inquiry beyond one passage in a speech. TheWashington Post's Walter Pincus (7/16/03), for example, suggests that the uranium claim remained in the State of the Union address because "almost all the other evidence had either been undercut or disproved by U.N. inspectors in Iraq."

Brain Williams won't be back but he may get a gig like Dan Blather. Libs don't care about truth, if a guy can deliver what they want to hear he's still got potential for a show.

I hope Lester Holt gets to keep the gig. He seems like a good guy. Maybe even trustworthy. Right now he is supposedly sitting in, while an investigation of Williams is in progress. But is this all a ruse? Will narcissistic Williams be back when the dust settles.

The decision will probably depend upon what Obama Jr. tells NBC how to handle this.

judith_miller_jail.jpg

Who watches NBC? Don't people get tired and depressed with 24/7 hate? NBC is like Duddly's posts. Hate, hate, hate, and more hate.

i heard about 55 thousand people across the globe do

--LOL

--LOL
I don't watch network news. I sometimes watch Dateline and Lester Holt opens that program. I always have liked him. Seems like a sincere, and decent person. But being a lib and all.....:dunno:

It's not like this is something new. Dan Rather got busted lying on the Air about Bush.

Trying to affect the outcome of a National Election by lying.

It isn't so much that individuals lie.... We ALL do. I lie about how many beers I may or may not have had. I lie about how much I like my Sister In Law.

I have lied in the past for reasons of self-preservation.

I may have even told a 'Fish Story' once or twice -- Depending how much I'd had.

But with me, as with other normal people, it isn't pathological.

People...... dimocraps are lying scum. ALL of them. Top to bottom, inside out, the tall, the short the big and the small.

ALL of them. Even in here. I can read a thread about a Book or Movie in here and accurately identify the dimocraps in it within minutes -- They lie.

dimocraps are lying scum.

Now, are there a few Republicans who were/are pathological liars? Maybe. I can't think of one right now but I'm sure there have been and will be in the future.

But that's not the point...... The ENTIRE dimocrap party is filled with lying scum. Top to Bottom.

Their entire existence, their philosophy, the way they interact, the way they do business, the way they conduct themselves --

They're lying scum. ALL of them.

That doesn't mean that EVERYBODY that votes for a dimocrap scumbag is a liar or somehow deficient. Many are, some aren't.

But the ones who aren't scumbags? They need to pay better attention.

the dimocrap party isn't a political party, it is a criminal enterprise.

These are not normal people, folks. They just aren't.

Bush Uranium Lie Is Tip of the Iceberg FAIR

Five months later, the truthfulness of one claim in George W. Bush's State of the Union address has become the focus of growing media scrutiny. The attention media are paying to this single assertion should be part of a larger journalistic inquiry into other misstatements and exaggerations that have been made by the Bush administration about Iraq.

In the January 28 speech, Bush claimed that "the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." That assertion was similar to claims made previously by administration officials, including Secretary of State Colin Powell (CBS Evening News, 12/19/02), that Iraq had sought to import yellowcake uranium from Niger, a strong indication that Saddam Hussein's regime was reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.

In fact, the Niger story, as documented by journalist Seymour Hersh (New Yorker, 3/31/03) and others, was based on crudely forged documents. In addition, the administration's own investigation in March 2002 concluded that the story was bogus. As one former State Department official (Time, 7/21/03) put it, "This wasn't highly contested. There weren't strong advocates on the other side. It was done, shot down."

Bush's use of the Niger forgeries has received considerable media attention in recent days. Much of this reporting has been valuable, and some outlets have broadened the inquiry beyond one passage in a speech. TheWashington Post's Walter Pincus (7/16/03), for example, suggests that the uranium claim remained in the State of the Union address because "almost all the other evidence had either been undercut or disproved by U.N. inspectors in Iraq."

Look up the Supergun, junior. Bull was knocked off by Mossad . Apparently they took Iraq's nuclear threat very seriously. Gerald Bull - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

dimocraps are lying scum.....

Williams tale starts at around the 2:00 mark

WILLIAMS: I’ve been very, very lucky the way my life has turned out. I’ve been very lucky to have survived a few things that I’ve been involved in. At a reception a few minutes ago, I was remembering — I tend to forget the war with Hezbollah in Israel a few years back, where there were Katyusha rockets passing just underneath the helicopter I was riding. A few years before that, we go back to Iraq, and I look down the tube of an RPG that had been fired at us, and it hit the chopper in front of ours. And I’m so fortunate to be sitting here.

dimocraps are lying scum.

Period

All of them.

Brian Williams lies were about aggrandizing himself, making himself seem bolder braver and more cutting edge in the search for news...he did not lie in order to shape intelligence to support a war of aggression...sure its bad its undesirable embarrassing and humiliating to Brian Williams but no impact on global issues its all personal...Judith Miller though her lies on behalf of Bush and company did shape public opinion allowing and supporting the criminal war

I never cared for him, he looks like he talks out of the side of his mouth. His daughter is fucking hot though.

Brian Williams lies were about aggrandizing himself, making himself seem bolder braver and more cutting edge in the search for news...he did not lie in order to shape intelligence to support a war of aggression...sure its bad its undesirable embarrassing and humiliating to Brian Williams but no impact on global issues its all personal...Judith Miller though her lies on behalf of Bush and company did shape public opinion allowing and supporting the criminal war

Lyin' Brian and the lying scumbag Dan Rather shaped public opinion FAR more and for FAR longer than ANY politician.

And they're both lying dimocrap scum..... Like you, but without the platform to reach MILLIONS of people each and every night.

We expect Politicians to support their own point of view, but we expect a fair accounting from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media.

One that I personally gave up on over 40 years ago but that the American Public is still stupid enough to believe in.

This is just another example of how disgusting liars infiltrate and control the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM.

dimocraps are lying scum. ALL of them.

Period.

That you don't get any of this is troubling but typical of ignorant dimocraps.

LIAR: Bill O'Reilly: "I tell you what, I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it.
Back in 2006, O'Reilly took an extended book promotion tour to Kuwait where he visited with soldiers and signed copies of his book. Reports at the time described how "servicemembers asked O'Reilly about his own tour of duty in Kuwait during Desert Storm." That might have been an interesting story except for the fact that O'Reilly never did a tour of duty in Kuwait during Desert Storm, or anywhere else since he never served in the military at all.

More recently, O'Reilly told his radio listeners about how he would have coaxed information out of an enemy soldier based on his personal experiences in combat (video below):

"I tell you what, I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it. And if my unit is in danger and I got a captured guy and the guy knows where the enemy is and I'm looking him in the eye, the guy better tell me. That's all I'm gonna tell you. If it's life or death, he's going first."

As noted above, and contrary to his statement, O'Reilly has never been in combat. Consequently, he has never commanded a unit or had to contemplate how he would deal with an enemy prisoner. His pretend bluster and machismo is all just a bunch of fantasizing of himself as a hero. So how is that any different than the offenses for which Williams is being pilloried?

When Will Fox News Fire Bill O Reilly For Lying About Combat Duty

Bill O'Reilly is a commentator, moron. Not a News Anchor.

Brett Baier would be a fair comparison from FNC, not O'Reilly or Geraldo Or Megyn Kelly or Sean Hannity or Rosie or any number of the DOZENS of commentators from the DISGUSTING FILtH of the LSM.

God DAMN but you people are fucking stupid.

Bill O'Reilly is a commentator, moron. Not a News Anchor.

Brett Baier would be a fair comparison from FNC, not O'Reilly or Geraldo Or Megyn Kelly or Sean Hannity or Rosie or any number of the DOZENS of commentators from the DISGUSTING FILtH of the LSM.

God DAMN but you people are fucking stupid.
His lies influence ....

As usual...Mark Steyn has great insight into this mess....

The Life of Brian SteynOnline

When a soldier pointed me toward the road to Tikrit, he added, "Or, as we call it, RPG Alley."

"Oh, yes?" I said. "Why's that?"

I was certainly alert on the road, and I saw the occasional burnt out tank and other vehicles, but I've never been in any danger over the ensuing dozen years of "misremembering" an RPG hitting my car - because the difference between being in a motor vehicle or flying machine that's not hit by an RPG and the same contraption that is hit by an RPG is so vast I don't see how one wanders innocently across that line. I was around RPGs, I was in the vicinity of RPGs, I was in the Greater RPG Area zip code ...but I didn't see one and I didn't get hit by one. And I've no idea what that would feel like.

But Brian Williams does. His eyewitness accounts of things his eye never actually witnessed are impressive. Here he is a decade ago, back when he still remembered it was some other guy's helicopter that got hit:

The helicopter in front of us was hit. A pickup truck stopped on the road, pulled a tarp back; a guy got up, fired an RPG, rocket-propelled grenade. These were farmers, or so they seemed. And it beautifully pierced the tail rotor of the Chinook in front of us.

By "in front of us", Mr Williams in fact means "30 to 60 minutes in front of us". But his long-range eye for detail is so powerful the most plausible explanation is that he's a prototype for a new animatronic surveillance drone.

Forum List

Back