Luxury San Francisco store may close after 166 years due to ‘litany of destructive’ policies making the city ‘unlivable.’

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Life in the blue zones. And this joy is what former San Francisco Mayor Newsom wants for all of the United States.
Glad I’m old enough to have visited San Fran when it was a nice place.

Life in the blue zones. And this joy is what former San Francisco Mayor Newsom wants for all of the United States.

They voted for it. That got it.

They'd damned well better not whine.

In fairness, they've already gone bankrupt once already. They're down to one store.

You sure do worry about San Francisco a lot. Do you live there? Have family there? Or is it just an obsession based on envy?

Its a lovely city. I'm probably going to get to see it again next week, if all the travel arraignments line up.

I have a dear friend with season tickets to some amazing shows.

The original Gump's went bankrupt and closed back in 2018. The name and buildinf were bought by some other people, rich Columbians I think? and reopened in 2020 I think. So no, it's not a 166 year old business.

Its a lovely city. I'm probably going to get to see it again next week, if all the travel arraignments line up.

I have a dear friend with season tickets to some amazing shows.

You Leftards sure hate people talking about life in blue zones.
Your obsession is insane...

The San Francisco police department is suspending ties with the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force.

What could possibly go wrong?

While you’re at it, why not paint a bull’s-eye on the Trans-America building? Big Pink bull's eyes on all the homosexual bars and hangouts too.

The Hard Left Doesn’t Fear the Law. They’ve Decided They Are the Law.

Mayor London Breed is proposing more than $1 billion in new funding to address homelessness over the next two years -- a staggering amount that she hopes will finally make a dent in San Francisco's most vexing problem.

That proposal, announced Tuesday as part of her wider plan for the city's upcoming $13.1 billion budget, is on top of the $300 million or so already spent directly on homelessness each year.

A true mystery.

Destroyed is more like it.

Well, that’s one way to clean up your city.

Remember: Progressives care about those in need.

Not a bad gig. California pays homeless people monthly to come to California to live and crap on the streets while selling drugs to children without fear of police.

Golden State was tops in all positive categories while under Republican control is now a Rust State last in all positive categories.

The progressive San Francisco school-board president recalled by voters earlier this week claimed her ousting was a “consequence” of fighting for racial justice, and represents a victory for “white supremacists.”​

Of course. Those white supremests San Francisco is famous for i.e., local parents, including hundreds of “non-citizen immigrants,” who happen to have skin of many different colors.

One of the three recalled was caught disdaining pupils of Chinese or Korean ancestry as “white” or white-adjacent, and therefore suspect, and when insisting that a parental preference for academic rigour is “racist,” and that the way to fight for “high-quality schools” is to abandon expectations of competence.

An educator, you see.

Personally I think the two hours spent debating whether a homosexual white dad was sufficiently “diverse” to join a volunteer parent committee is a high point of progressivism.

Who woulda thunk!
But hey, give them all participation trophies!

Putting kids in situations that’s way over their current abilities only harms kids. Thus the reason the Left does it.

Even in Kookland the Left are seeing the fruits of Leftism and waking up.

The San Francisco School Board recently returned the admissions policy at Lowell, the city’s most prestigious public high school, to the merit-based system that it had used for more than a century. Thus ended a short-lived lottery introduced in the name of racial equity. The board also abandoned a campaign to erase “The Life of Washington,” a WPA-era mural at George Washington High School by the artist Victor Arnautoff. Arnautoff was a Communist, and his mural, which depicts slaves picking cotton at Mount Vernon, was intentionally subversive. But an earlier incarnation of the board had voted first to destroy it, then to cover it up, saying that removing it from view was a form of “reparations.” The board member Alison Collins had said, “This mural is not historic. It is a relic.”

These two decisions, both 4–3 votes, represent a double rejection by the current board of the hypersensitive poses adopted by its predecessor. When you factor in the 2021 collapse of the infamous school-renaming campaign, it’s a trifecta. Our deep-blue city seems to have grown weary of the more radical elements of the new racial-justice movement. And although this story is specific to San Francisco, if it can happen here, it can happen anywhere.

You can imagine how bad things are for the common law abiding citizens left in Leftard California.

Not a bad idea if it were a normal city run by normal people.

Here’s why it is a waste of money:
View attachment 806357
Democrats are not normal people and are the reason all Blue cities and states are imploding.

This isn’t satire, and you know it.

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — In an ongoing dispute regarding the new illuminated "X" sign installed atop the former Twitter headquarters, city officials have now demanded Elon Musk have the sign removed because it is distressing to the people who are pooping on the sidewalk outside.

"The sign makes public defecation far too stressful," said San Francisco Mayor London Breed. "Our citizens have the right to feel totally at ease when they are dropping their pants and laying cable in the streets. That infernal ‘X' sign is causing them too much stress to have the peaceful public pooping experience they deserve."

The San Francisco residents reached for comment confirmed the presence of the sign had an unsettling effect on their outdoor defecation habits. "Do you know how it feels to try and pinch a loaf on the sidewalk when there's an enormous ‘X' hanging over your head?" asked homeless miscreant Clayton Rookstool. "It's officially stressed me out enough that I can't go. So, tell me, where am I supposed to poop now? Indoors somewhere, by myself, where nobody can see me? No thanks!"

San Francisco's leaders continue to maintain the presence of Musk's new sign is "highly disturbing" and disrupting the city's normal flow of public defecation, unprosecuted theft, and randomly discarded drug syringes. Removal of the sign, officials say, will allow the city to return to the status quo.

At publishing time, Elon Musk had proposed a compromise in which he would replace the "X" sign with a giant, illuminated poop emoji.

She must be a good puppet so they keep her around. It’s not like Democrats would lose a seat when she goes.
And nobody talks about the obvious strokes she’s had.
View attachment 813146

If you're around Moscone Center or parts of market street....its a bit sketchy poop wise.

But the rest of the city is lovely. Amazing food, fantastic parks, world class views and entertainment. And its ludicrously safe place.

I'll take some pictures for you next time I'm there.

If you're around Moscone Center or parts of market street....its a bit sketchy poop wise.

But the rest of the city is lovely. Amazing food, fantastic parks, world class views and entertainment. And its ludicrously safe place.

I'll take some pictures for you next time I'm there.
1692233639079.jpeg

1692233681818.jpeg

Forum List

Back