Lucy: Why should I get off welfare?

She should be tracked down and face every charge possible.

I agree. It's a good thing she's most likely a fabrication, created to troll a radio show.

Excellent point.
I'm sure there is not one person gaming the system... :eek:

How dare anyone suggest that people like to take money from government and just sit
around and do nothing all day. heh heh heh :lol:

Sure, there are some but not the hordes some would like to believe.

The problem is, there aren't tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of "Lucy"s out there.

I do not think you believe that.

I am pretty sure that I do. I understand that there are plenty of people who draw welfare. I also understand that there is a very small percentage that abuse the system. But the number of lies that have been told to exaggerate the problem (like Reagan's Welfare Queen) is insane.

From your link:

5. People receiving benefits become dependent on them, lessening their incentive to work.

Poor people have been likened to stray animals: If you feed them, they keep coming back for more, and then they breed. However, surveys conducted found that welfare payout is less than a full-time minimum wage job, and that the majority of those receiving welfare assistance would rather work than receive benefits.

Oh "surveys conducted" said the "majority" would rather work is what you base it on.

That's some sound evidence.

She should be tracked down and face every charge possible.

I agree. It's a good thing she's most likely a fabrication, created to troll a radio show.

Excellent point.

How dare anyone suggest that people like to take money from government and just sit

I'm not saying nobody games the system. Hell, my next door neighbor does it all the time. But how many people do you know who call into radio shows to brag about how big of a loser they are? I remember that old Youtube video of a woman saying Obama was going to pay her bills, that rightwingers immediately latched onto, even though it was an obvious parody.

Oh "surveys conducted" said the "majority" would rather work is what you base it on.

While the survey is far from sound evidence, you have posted nothing to the contrary. You are going off your own opinion and an anonymous radio caller. Sound evidence indeed.

I do not think you believe that.

I am pretty sure that I do. I understand that there are plenty of people who draw welfare. I also understand that there is a very small percentage that abuse the system. But the number of lies that have been told to exaggerate the problem (like Reagan's Welfare Queen) is insane.

From your link:

5. People receiving benefits become dependent on them, lessening their incentive to work.

Poor people have been likened to stray animals: If you feed them, they keep coming back for more, and then they breed. However, surveys conducted found that welfare payout is less than a full-time minimum wage job, and that the majority of those receiving welfare assistance would rather work than receive benefits.

It certainly beats basing anything on an anonymous caller to a rightwing political talk show, wouldn't you say?

Excellent point.

I'm not saying nobody games the system. Hell, my next door neighbor does it all the time. But how many people do you know who call into radio shows to brag about how big of a loser they are? I remember that old Youtube video of a woman saying Obama was going to pay her bills, that rightwingers immediately latched onto, even though it was an obvious parody.

Actually, the vendors "game the system" far more than the recipients.

While the survey is far from sound evidence, you have posted nothing to the contrary. You are going off your own opinion and an anonymous radio caller. Sound evidence indeed.

Yes my personal experience.

Tough to gather evidence to show internal motivation of masses of people.

From your link:

It certainly beats basing anything on an anonymous caller to a rightwing political talk show, wouldn't you say?

The caller reinforces what many see with their own eyes.

Hey, and I thought Texas was supposed to be an economic Mecca due to right to work, low taxes and low regulation. How could there be welfare people down there.
If it were up to the state, there certainly would be. The federal governments dictates otherwise. This administration loves nothing more than exchanging the taxpayers money for votes.

That is why parasites vote Dem.

If she was doing improv she's a star, sounded real to me.

Also I've heard and seen the same ethic spouted by people I've worked with. Get away with as little work as possible, game the employer for as much as possible. It's bragging about stealing from their fellow employees who have to work harder to make up for their lazy asses. Same principle as stealing from the taxpayer, same lack of morals.

Also I've heard and seen the same ethic spouted by people I've worked with. Get away with as little work as possible, game the employer for as much as possible. It's bragging about stealing from their fellow employees who have to work harder to make up for their lazy asses. Same principle as stealing from the taxpayer, same lack of morals.

That same morality is evident throughout the socio-economic scale. It is the same mentality that many corporate raiders use and certainly the same that the bankers use.

That same morality is evident throughout the socio-economic scale. It is the same mentality that many corporate raiders use and certainly the same that the bankers use.
Like it or not, banks and corporate raiders fulfill a necessary role without which economic models would not be able to function. This woman fills no such need, existing only to procreate and invariably perpetuate poverty. This is essentially the lot parasites.

Like it or not, banks and corporate raiders fulfill a necessary role without which economic models would not be able to function. This woman fills no such need, existing only to procreate and invariably perpetuate poverty. This is essentially the lot parasites.

These companies who were dubbed too big to fail failed, and the CEOs continue to make multi-million dollar salaries. In the same situation the little guys would be out on their asses. Nintendo is considering ousting certain employees due to failed profit projections. Why aren't the people who control our economy held to the same standard as those who create video games?

Why get off all that? For one thing, a whopping $14,400 a year is pretty pitiful money to live on.

Tough shit!

The problem is $14,400 X 1000...or tens of thousands...or hundreds of thousands of deadbeats like Lucy the dipshit slug.

The problem is, there aren't tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of "Lucy"s out there. The vast majority of people who get assistance do so for around 2 years. The whole "Welfare Queen" mythology has been debunked repeatedly. And yet so many cling to it like a religious icon.

And never a word from these "patriots" about corporate crime or corporate welfare. The wealthy and corporate class pit us against each other. Their funding of hate radio and fox news pays off like a slot machine.

I am not suggesting that bankers be banned. Just that the ones who do harm be removed. Much like those on welfare or foodstamps. I doubt anyone rational wants to see the system abandoned, but those who cheat it should be removed from the system.

These companies who were dubbed too big to fail failed, and the CEOs continue to make multi-million dollar salaries. In the same situation the little guys would be out on their asses. Nintendo is considering ousting certain employees due to failed profit projections. Why aren't the people who control our economy held to the same standard as those who create video games?

Those who get to explain failure to the Board of Directors never blame themselves.

Forum List

Back