Lt. Gen. McInerney Rebukes John McCain on Torture: It Worked on Songbird John WOW!

Torture doesn't work.

Disagree on this one.

When time is sensitive, get medieval.

Vice-Grips, a cow carcass and a plug-in flat iron. They'll quite suddenly find the information they don't know.

I just got Netflix and I'm glued to Hannibal. I can attest to the fact that whoa geeze.....torture does work.
So...if torture worked on McCain, what military secrets did he give up to the North Vietnamese?

[
Holy Toledo what a smackdown! I have my own reasons to hate McCain for all the wars he has backed and I've never truly bought into the accusations that others have made about him during the Vietnam war, but this is certainly a breathtaking statement.

And don't give me shit for linking to Gateway. His interview was on FOX.

"Well, she can’t use it anymore because it’s determined by Congress that it’s not legal. The fact is John McCain, it worked on John. That’s why they call him songbird John."

Lt. Gen. McInerney Rebukes John McCain on Torture: It Worked on John. That's Why They Called Him "Songbird John" (VIDEO)
Classless trash, typical of the Trump era

Why would you call a Lt. General classless trash? Many believe this to be true of McCain.
What the disgraced Lt. General said was classless trash, which has become commonplace in the sick Trump era. Has McCain ever mocked an American who endured years of torture in service to his country? Nope.

Torture doesn't work. The CIA knows this. General Mattis said this and he's been on the front lines where in a moments notice you or those you direct can lose their lives. In the pinch, when you are desperate for answers and believe there may be imminent attacks, I can accept it in limited scenarios as a last ditch effort to demand information, but ultimately, in general, it's mostly ineffective. There have been some who have identified some successes, and others who say it was a waste of time. Without any special inside knowledge, I tend to side with the latter.

I've watched some great documentaries on military intelligence interrogations, from the Vietnam Era and beyond. These guys were good, some of the best. The Germans in WWII were particularly creative, and there are outstanding OSS videos that illustrate how simple chat can give away so much. Some of the stuff I've seen dealt with hardened terrorists, in time, they were broken down and gave actionable intelligence. Not a finger was lifted to harm them. A serious game of psychological warfare in which they saved lives, instead of some primal torture action of revenge for the past, which won't help future U.S ops.

There is a way to get answers, torture could often be more of a liability than a benefit even if they do tell you information, as they often do so just to stop the suffering. So now you waste time and resources chasing ghosts, instead of having legitimate intel. That in itself can cost lives.

Moreover, if you engage in this you lose the higher ground AND you place your own agents at risk of torture. After 9/11 emotions were high, people were rightfully enraged, some felt they had failed in their duties. So, extreme measures were taken.

I think it came down to "we are unprepared and don't have the intelligence we should have, we need answers fast, what's coming next if anything"? If there was suspicion of an imminent attack, well, all bets are off. My gut tells me this was more a reaction of fear by Western intelligence than some proven interrogation tactic.
The thing to remember is you have to know the truth and most of the answers before you apply the torture otherwise you won't get the information you need. Torture 101 the Military school.

Torture doesn't work.

Disagree on this one.

Vice-Grips, a cow carcass and a plug-in flat iron. They'll quite suddenly find the information they don't know.

I just got Netflix and I'm glued to Hannibal. I can attest to the fact that whoa geeze.....torture does work.
So...if torture worked on McCain, what military secrets did he give up to the North Vietnamese?
If he followed the UMC he gave them everythings they wanted, in other words everything they already knew. That is the rule

[
Holy Toledo what a smackdown! I have my own reasons to hate McCain for all the wars he has backed and I've never truly bought into the accusations that others have made about him during the Vietnam war, but this is certainly a breathtaking statement.

"Well, she can’t use it anymore because it’s determined by Congress that it’s not legal. The fact is John McCain, it worked on John. That’s why they call him songbird John."

Lt. Gen. McInerney Rebukes John McCain on Torture: It Worked on John. That's Why They Called Him "Songbird John" (VIDEO)

Why would you call a Lt. General classless trash? Many believe this to be true of McCain.
How long were YOU a POW of the North Vietnamese? How long was McInerney a POW?

I hate McCain for my own reasons. He's backed so many wars in his lifetime and caused so much death and destruction.

Now that aside, I'm only reading that many and we are talking many in the military detest McCain for many reasons. Including his murder of over 130 sailors.

Seems they have their reasons.

[

how is that material to a discussion?

The man is an embarrassment to all soldiers

Torture doesn't work.

Disagree on this one.

How the hell should I know Bod? Try decaf and don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player here reporting what the Lt. General said.

[

I hate McCain for my own reasons. He's backed so many wars in his lifetime and caused so much death and destruction.

Now that aside, I'm only reading that many and we are talking many in the military detest McCain for many reasons. Including his murder of over 130 sailors.

Wow what a lie to spread. So much sick hatred inside of you. No wonder you lionize Trump.

Torture doesn't work.

Disagree on this one.

How the hell should I know Bod? Try decaf and don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player here reporting what the Lt. General said.
So you are just shooting your "mouth off" with no clue. Color me shocked.

[

"his murder of over 130 sailors"? What in the world are you babbling about?

Air Farce General.....probably got his chest full of medals flying a desk and blowing his direct senior.

[

yeah, but youre a f'n idiot--

U.S. Sen. John McCain "was singlehandedly responsible for starting a fire on (the) USS Forrestal aircraft carrier."

tom-pantsonfire.gif

an F-4 Phantom about 100 feet away at the opposite end of the deck accidentally fired a rocket because of an electrical surge.

The details vary depending on the account, but the rocket hit either McCain’s plane or the plane of fellow Skyhawk pilot Lt. Cdr. Fred White.

Torture doesn't work.

Disagree on this one.

Let me break it to you... It doesn't work... It is well documented... Top integrators say torture is counterproductive and yields very poor information...

Lets take the time sensitive stuff... There is a Bomb in New York... Torture me and say Time Sq... You go look and it is not there...

Then a time later you come back to me and I say did try around back... More time...

Did I say Time Sq, I meant to say Wall St... More Time...

I will tell you any thing just don't want the pain...

This is what happens...Top Integrators come with a line of tricks and they say no to torture... They want the person to give it them and they know how...

McCain? Cripes for all his faults at being a warmonger (that's what I personally hate him for) I really ever heard negative about McCain I grew up on the "Hanoi Hilton" movie and until these latter days always believed him to be a good soul.

I know different now after watching his actions in a variety of global situations that could have been resolved politically but the son of a bitch preferred proxy wars so as far as I'm concerned that bastard can't go quick enough for me. He owns death for so many so let death embrace him.

That screw up on the Forrestal though, I bet there is resentment there.

[

yeah, but youre a f'n idiot--

U.S. Sen. John McCain "was singlehandedly responsible for starting a fire on (the) USS Forrestal aircraft carrier."

tom-pantsonfire.gif

an F-4 Phantom about 100 feet away at the opposite end of the deck accidentally fired a rocket because of an electrical surge.

The details vary depending on the account, but the rocket hit either McCain’s plane or the plane of fellow Skyhawk pilot Lt. Cdr. Fred White.

Two sides. Two stories. I personally don't give a shit. My issue with McCain is far different than what his fellow soldiers are.

[

What the disgraced Lt. General said was classless trash, which has become commonplace in the sick Trump era. Has McCain ever mocked an American who endured years of torture in service to his country? Nope.
Class does not Describe McCain...

[

he doesn't get any pass just because 50 years ago he was a POW. why wasn't he voted president by all you hypocrites? Fk man to you he's fking god now.

Forum List

Back