- Oct 16, 2010
- Reaction score
This is just sooooooooooooo suweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Wait till you see the pictures of her running around the hospital. Let alone the map.
You go girl!
You go girl!
- Cissy the miniature schnauzer disappeared from her Cedar Rapids home
- She had never ran away before but turned up 20 blocks away at the hospital
- Owner Nancy Franck had been at Mercy Medical Center for two weeks
- Security found the dog in the hallways and used her tags to call home
- Cissy's family have no idea how she knew to go to the hospital
- Puppy love: Cissy the miniature schnauzer ran away from her Cedar Rapids home on Saturday, traveling about 20 blocks to the hospital where her owner was undergoing treatment for cancer
- 'Mom, where are you?': CCTV footage from Mercy Medical Center show the moment Cissy entered the foyer
- 'She's got to be in here somewhere': Security eventually spotted the dog walking up and down the halls
The journey: Cissy walked an estimated 20 blocks from her home on Washington Ave to Mercy Medical Center
'We looked up and there was this dog just that was just running across the lobby,' Mercy Security Officer Samantha Conrad told RG.
'We started looking at the tags and it had the address and we saw how far away this dog had lived, as far as going at least fifteen blocks to get here.
'So it was quite an amazing journey that this dog made.'
The security guard used the dog's tags to call Nancy's husband, Dale Franck.
Mr Franck said Cissy had been acting weird and he could tell she seemed anxious to go somewhere.
She had been missing about four hours before the hospital called.
- Rest of the story and pics at link"