Low Income Workers Seeing Best Wage Hikes in a Decade

"Pay for the bottom 25 percent of wage earners, who account for 82 percent of the population, rose 4.5 percent in November from the year-ago period, according to data published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. That’s the highest since July 2008. Wages for top earners, meanwhile, rose just 2.9 percent last month."

And this is at the slowing period of a very much aging economic expansion, instead of at the sharp upswing at the beginning.

This is what it is about to me. Changing the UNDERLYING trends, that continue on and though, economic cycle to cycle.

Better jobs, fewer immigrants, lead to better wages.

And people are outraged by this.

Insane.

The Left can BS voters about a lot of things, but no politician can fool voters about their personal economic situation and that of their neighbors and friends.

Low-earning Americans are seeing the biggest wage gains in a decade.
Perfect time to raise the minimum wage
When it will have the least impact

Could. Or we could double down on the policies that are causing wages to rise naturally, ie better jobs and fewer imported workers.

"Pay for the bottom 25 percent of wage earners, who account for 82 percent of the population, rose 4.5 percent in November from the year-ago period, according to data published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. That’s the highest since July 2008. Wages for top earners, meanwhile, rose just 2.9 percent last month."

And this is at the slowing period of a very much aging economic expansion, instead of at the sharp upswing at the beginning.

This is what it is about to me. Changing the UNDERLYING trends, that continue on and though, economic cycle to cycle.

Insane.

The bottom earners are always the last to see any wage gain, if they see any at all. They will not see a wage increase until economic expansion has gone far enough to decrease even the bottom tier pool of workers.

There are no trends that are changing, this is exactly what you would expect to see from an extended economic expansion.

Nobody is outraged by this, why must you throw in a lie?

The Left can BS voters about a lot of things, but no politician can fool voters about their personal economic situation and that of their neighbors and friends.

Saw some idiot on here the other day celebrating that minimum wage would go up in certain states not understanding that prices would also go up.
But when the economy forces wages to go up prices remain the same so that these people actually get a raise that amounts to something.

Perfect time to raise the minimum wage
When it will have the least impact

Terrible time to do such a thing. Why screw up what is happening naturally.

An artificial minimum wage just makes things worse in a recession/down turn

Insane.

The bottom earners are always the last to see any wage gain, if they see any at all. They will not see a wage increase until economic expansion has gone far enough to decrease even the bottom tier pool of workers.

There are no trends that are changing, this is exactly what you would expect to see from an extended economic expansion.

Reports I have seen have said otherwise. Can you support your claim?

Insane.

which claim?

Insane.

which claim?

The one you just made. In your previous post. About what we were talking about.

ie that this rise in wages is normal.

Insane.

which claim?

The one you just made. In your previous post. About what we were talking about.

ie that this rise in wages is normal.

I made more than one, that is why I asked.

You need proof that wages go up in a tight labor market?

Really?

its the doctor, not the nurse, that's getting the Trump tax cut, folks!

This is not about the tax cut. This is not about the nurse. This is about the nurse's aide, getting a nice raise.

This is great news.

Are you able to address it sanely?

Forum List

Back