Love this quote by a protestor

:eusa_liar:

According to this link, the average salary of a McD's assistant manager is $23,000.

Assistant Manager Mcdonald's Salaries | Simply Hired

:lol:

I don't know what to tell you, that's what the banner said. :dunno:

I double checked it on the way home and in front of the $40K it said, in smaller print, "up to".

So it's likely that to get to the $40K you'd need to log some OT and/or max out on bonuses. And according to your link, the average for my state is $28K, so that all seems reasonable.

Regardless, it's still decent money for someone in their early twenties.
Yeah, someone that wanted to stay in a dead end job.

Can you actually live on $28K in MA?

:lol:

I don't know what to tell you, that's what the banner said. :dunno:

I double checked it on the way home and in front of the $40K it said, in smaller print, "up to".

So it's likely that to get to the $40K you'd need to log some OT and/or max out on bonuses. And according to your link, the average for my state is $28K, so that all seems reasonable.

not indoors

not indoors

The real answer is, depending on how you live, of course you can.

"We want something. We don't know what. We want something. We don't know what."

Ah, now we have people claiming that both a formal education and experience are unnecessary, but can't seem to fit both arguments together. This is where it all dissolves into semantics as jokers like you start to look for the exits.

Where did I say experience was unnecessary?

Surgery is nothing but a set of skills. One can learn those skills from someone without having to get a degree.

Really? Without any degree at all? How many surgeons have told you that?

Tell me what degree is an absolute must in order to learn a skill?

Can one learn anatomy without a degree? The answer is obviously yes.

Can one learn to program a computer without a degree? Again, yes

Can one learn to design a circuit board without a degree? Yes.

The list is endless.

Why isn't she protesting at her college? Rutgers pays its football coach 2 mil a year.

I do feel sympathy for these unemployed college grads. They've been scammed and lied to. But not by Wall Street...

Surgery is nothing but a set of skills. One can learn those skills from someone without having to get a degree.

The list is endless.

I notice no answer to my question in all that.

Why isn't she protesting at her college? Rutgers pays its football coach 2 mil a year.

I do feel sympathy for these unemployed college grads. They've been scammed and lied to. But not by Wall Street...

Do you feel more sympathy for them than unemployed high school grads? How about older workers who've been laid off? Would you feel sympathy for me if I went out and bought a car I couldn't afford to make payments on or put gas in?

Have they ever heard of working their way through college instead of taking out loans?
That's what I did.

That's ridiculous. I worked a day job in a factory, used the GI Bill and still ended up with $56,000 in loans which I have since paid off.
The days of "working your way through college" are over and anyone who said they did is either a liar, they went to a Bible College, mom and dad paid for it, or they never went at all.

If you don't have the money, you will have to take out loans for any meaningful education.

The list is endless.

And Republicans SCREAM at me yelling, "No right winger on this board as EVER said education was a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hilarious.

Guess no one ever said:

Let him die.

Or applauded executions.

Or held the country hostage to extend Bush tax cuts for the rich.

They never happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they ever heard of working their way through college instead of taking out loans?
That's what I did.

That's ridiculous. I worked a day job in a factory, used the GI Bill and still ended up with $56,000 in loans which I have since paid off.
The days of "working your way through college" are over and anyone who said they did is either a liar, they went to a Bible College, mom and dad paid for it, or they never went at all.

If you don't have the money, you will have to take out loans for any meaningful education.

Don't forget scholarships.

The point is, even If you go to Columbia the job market is so shitty you can't get a good job.
But hey, way to attack the citizen and not Wall Street. When is the right going to wake up?

And what's wrong with pointing out when the Citizen is wrong?

Why should Wall Street get the blame for his dumb actions and statements?

Your thought process is simplistic to the point of being troubling.

Erin Larkins, a Columbia University graduate student at who says she and her boyfriend have significant student loan debt, was among the thousands of protesters on the bridge. She said a friend persuaded her to join the march and she’s glad she did.

“I don’t think we’re asking for much, just to wake up every morning not worrying whether we can pay the rent, or whether our next meal will be rice and beans again,’’ Larkins wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

700 arrested after protest on NY?s Brooklyn Bridge - Boston.com

Poor baby. Eating rice and beans to pay off a debt which you knowingly accumulated.

The starving kids in Africa and the homeless here in the states feel for your plight.

EiG4DEBVenvq4meyY17CxWJ6o1_400.jpg
if she uses her education along with common sense and a good work ethic she will be eating lobster and steak !!!!!

The list is endless.

I notice no answer to my question in all that.

I don't happen to know any surgeons. But Doctors in general don't like to admit that practicing medicine isn't as hard as they like people to believe.

I did mention earlier that I know a person who learned how to spay a dog without a degree. A veterinarian showed her and over a period of several weeks she learned how to make the incision, remove the reproductive organs and suture.

It is just a set of skills and nothing else.

The list is endless.

And Republicans SCREAM at me yelling, "No right winger on this board as EVER said education was a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hilarious.

Guess no one ever said:

Let him die.

Or applauded executions.

Or held the country hostage to extend Bush tax cuts for the rich.

They never happened.

I'm not a republican. And where did I say education was a waste of time?

I said one does not need to attend a university to be educated.

There's a big difference between those two statements. Think about it.

That's what I did.

One can work his way through school.

Take one or two classes at a time and pay as you go. It might take a little longer but it can be done.

Forum List

Back