Louisiana woman forced to deliver headless baby.

I have never heard of a state that didn't have a legal procedure for a petition for extraordinary relief for situations like this. Why did no one ask a judge to order an abortion?

I have never heard of a state that didn't have a legal procedure for a petition for extraordinary relief for situations like this. Why did no one ask a judge to order an abortion?
To easy to run to the nearest media source and scream.
Like I said, I would not be surprised if Abortion activist are encouraging her to keep it for while longer so they can use the story to create outrage.
She is not being "forced" to carry it to term.
Worse case scenario is she has to travel a couple hours to go out of state - which the left media wants you to think that requires 10 days of walking across a desert with no water.
FFS - she could have this done today - free of charge, all expenses paid
If she don't - then that is HER choice

The law is very specific, and there were no legal grounds to order an abortion.

Like I said, I would not be surprised if Abortion activist are encouraging her to keep it for while longer so they can use the story to create outrage.
Worse case scenario is she has to travel a couple hours to go out of state - which the left media wants you to think that requires 10 days of walking across a desert with no water.
There is no reason why a delivery would be dangerous either. She need not even go into full labor before the child is taken by cesarean. That's why these stories lose their grip on truthfullness.

There is no reason why a delivery would be dangerous either. She need not even go into full labor before the child is taken by cesarean. That's why these stories lose their grip on truthfullness.
How is abortion by cesarian any different?

How is abortion by cesarian any different?
If she does not have an abortion at some point the child, dead or alive, will be delivered. If the delivery of a non viable infant is dangerous the child will be taken by cesarean. It happens every day.

As strange as it is to me women choose to carry non viable babies quite often. They carry them with the knowledge that there will be no living child. They do it for organ donation. So this is not a circumstance that has never happened.

I don't have to be a lawyer to know no doctor in the state was willing to do the abortion, and the law was the reason they gave.
Then a nice lawyer prepares a petition for extraordinary relief, gets a judge to sign the order. Takes the order to the doctor and the doctor performs the abortion. The law is no longer an impediment.

Then a nice lawyer prepares a petition for extraordinary relief, gets a judge to sign the order. Takes the order to the doctor and the doctor performs the abortion. The law is no longer an impediment.
Quick!!! You should get to Louisiana as fast as you can, because nobody in the entire state is smart enough to think of your brilliant solution.

Quick!!! You should get to Louisiana as fast as you can, because nobody in the entire state is smart enough to think of your brilliant solution.
Many have I'm sure, which is why this whole story is so much BS. It's another tale of "quick cry for the abortion". There is no end to the stories pro aborts can come up with. Sit tight there will be another one coming along.

I don't believe it. Did "Jezebel's Kyle Chiung invent it or embellish it or distort the facts? Louisiana would have allowed n abortion in this case. It's possible that the mother has some problems.

There is no end to the stories pro aborts can come up with. Sit tight there will be another one coming along.
That's probably because the underlying point is true: it's a bad idea to make blanket laws against abortion that don't allow for the terrible things that can occur in nature.

That's probably because the underlying point is true: it's a bad idea to make blanket laws against abortion that don't allow for the terrible things that can occur in nature.
That's why there is always a wiggle out. In the 60s certain judges had petition times in chambers where they would here petitions for relief and order abortions. Just afford it.

Because she wants to focus on her career instead of having a family. She wants to travel, have a new car, etc. Doesn't want to be licked down at home.
Those are reasons SHE may not want to have a baby. That was not what you said though. You stated that WE, as a people, should encourage it.

So I ask again, why should WE encourage it?

Many have I'm sure, which is why this whole story is so much BS. It's another tale of "quick cry for the abortion". There is no end to the stories pro aborts can come up with. Sit tight there will be another one coming along.
That is right, there is no end to the stories that will continue to come out as long as the right is so monumentally moronic that they keep provisions in the law that make these situations happen.

And this is, indeed, happening. Ignoring their importance is the FASTEST way to enshrine abortion back into law. If you want abortion to come back in full force then ignore these realities.

Irrelevant.

If you do not fix these laws then you will seer abortion on demand return. It is just a matter of time.

Forum List

Back