Looking for a DA 22 lr revolver

I'm considering a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider .22LR, some are sold with an additional .22 mag cylinder or you can buy it separately.

iu

Last edited:
I'm considering a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider .22LR, some are sold with an additional .22 mag cylinder or you can buy it separately.

iu
Try to find one at an academy store and check out the prices on Thursday. That have sales on Thursday. Seriously.

The store in Wichita Falls shows one for 159.00 but they are out of stock.

Then you got three of the seven reliable Taurus ever made. Congrats. Compared to SW and Ruger, Taurus makes junk.. In the lesser quality revolvers, I’d take a Charter Arms over any Taurus, any time , anywhere

Then you are are an idiot. The Taurus 85 was made on the original S&W tooling, and are reliable as hell.

If it's a revolver made by Taurus it's fine.

I don't like their auto's but that's a feel issue, not a reliability issue.

The store in Wichita Falls shows one for 159.00 but they are out of stock.
Sportsman's Warehouse here has the 6 shot versions for $119, in stock. But like I said I'm just considering it as I want to purchase more ammo for the firearms I already have. Plus I'm looking to replace the standard bolt release on my ARs with Magpul B.A.D levers or enhanced bolt releases.

Then you are are an idiot. The Taurus 85 was made on the original S&W tooling, and are reliable as hell.

If it's a revolver made by Taurus it's fine.

I don't like their auto's but that's a feel issue, not a reliability issue.

I had two model 85s. The first, a used one, functioned OK and the second a new one jammed frequently. The timing was off, the trigger pull was gritty and the finish was nothing compared to the Smiths and Rutgers. . It would never be confused with the S&W air weight or Model 19 I’ve owned or a Ruger SP 101 a long time FAVORITE or Ruger LCR. The trigger pull and the finish were much worse in the Taurus.

Would I have a Taurus over a Jennings ? Sure.

I had two model 85s. The first, a used one, functioned OK and the second a new one jammed frequently. The timing was off, the trigger pull was gritty and the finish was nothing compared to the Smiths and Rutgers. . It would never be confused with the S&W air weight or Model 19 I’ve owned or a Ruger SP 101 a long time FAVORITE or Ruger LCR. The trigger pull and the finish were much worse in the Taurus.

Would I have a Taurus over a Jennings ? Sure.

No shit. I have an S&W Model 17-2. It's an older one so the fit and finish is great.

You trying to compare a 400 dollar revolver with a 1000 dollar revolver is stupid.

No shit. I have an S&W Model 17-2. It's an older one so the fit and finish is great.

You trying to compare a 400 dollar revolver with a 1000 dollar revolver is stupid.
You need to read all my posts. you obviously have not. I always compared the Taurus to a S&W and a Ruger. Firearms are what you depend often for your life. You can get less expensive used S&W and Rutgers and…..a Charter Arms new if you want to save money. There are also a plethora of used Rutgers and even new in some calibers that make a Taurus look like really bad deals.

You need to read all my posts. you obviously have not. I always compared the Taurus to a S&W and a Ruger. Firearms are what you depend often for your life. You can get less expensive used S&W and Rutgers and…..a Charter Arms new if you want to save money. There are also a plethora of used Rutgers and even new in some calibers that make a Taurus look like really bad deals.
Why would anyone waste their time reading over 2500 messages from you? Smh.

No it is not stupid. I don’t buy automobiles that don’t have a the best reputation for reliability either. If
you want to “ collect “ less reliable automobiles or firearms for other reasons, that’s fine. We all do things like that during our lives. You get what you pay for more often then not. Heck, just because it’s cheap and expendable, you might want a Taurus for that reason…..especially if it’s infrequently used. That’s your decision.

Last edited:
Why would anyone waste their time reading over 2500 messages from you? Smh.
Ha ha
Why would anyone make light of a product they depend upon. Go ahead. Try to find how many police departments in the US use Taurus. Well, maybe for their cruisers.

Ha ha
Why would anyone make light of a product they depend upon. Go ahead. Try to find how many police departments in the US use Taurus. Well, maybe for their cruisers.
Good deflect

iu
I would buy it over the Ruger wrangler in a heart beat. Owned the wrangler for six months for a while. It had a poorly designed loading gate that was a “ pain” using as it cut into your thumb and was very stiff to use. The aux .22 mag is a no brainer. Now, the convertible Ruger six imo, is better, but not worth the $$$ as this brand seems very reliable.
Traded the wrangler for a power battery powered hand tool .

Forum List

Back