Long Term Relationships

Amen to that. Neither my wife nor I were looking for anything more than a good time. 11 months later we were married, that was 31 years ago.
My hubby and I worked in the same place, but different areas....we were best buddies and he was dating my secretary and I was dating someone else or two...we stayed friends through various dating with others.... For a few years.... Never dreamed, He was the one! Then boom, Cupid's arrow.... a year or less later, we were married, and we asked ourselves, what in the heck, took so long!??? 😁

My hubby and I worked in the same place, but different areas....we were best buddies and he was dating my secretary and I was dating someone else or two...we stayed friends through various dating with others.... For a few years.... Never dreamed, He was the one! Then boom, Cupid's arrow.... a year or less later, we were married, and we asked ourselves, what in the heck, took so long!??? 😁

We broke every rule of the game. We meet in a bar, had sex on our first date (not the night we meet), had a long distance relationship before emails and cell phones and got married less than a year after meeting. Friends and family were taking bets on how long we would last.

Jesus, dude. Do you need to be banned from the man club for a few days in order to get your head screwed on straight?!? Obviously this chick you are boning has gotten inside your head and fucked you up big time. No offense intended. I am speaking man to man here. No man thinks about shit like this, including your other recent post topics, on his own. This is shit women put in your head while they are reeling you in and preparing to land you.

I don’t mean to sound like a dick. God knows I have been hypnotized by pussy, and had to pay the price for it. All dudes have been there. What you need to do is to tell her you need a man’s weekend. Then go out into the woods and kill something. If you are not the outdoorsy type, get wrecked and bang some sloots. Go fishing. Just get the chick out of your head. No chick whispering in your ear is ever out for anyone but herself.

Mark my words, dude. Get a grip on this shit or it may end very badly.

It is the road travelled to get there. And it can be painful and destructive. A percentage who skates into old age is not the same as those who take the punches and knockdowns to get there. And this is called equality.
^ The Obi Wan Kenobe of marriage, ladies and gentlemen. 🙄

If you don't have these three things in any situation, maritally or not, the only thing that I can tell you to do is enjoy your flatlining moment because if you don't show any of these three things, don't expect any of them in return. :) :) :)

C-Considerateness
P-Patience
R-Respect

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'm not living with my girlfriend and I'm not going to rush into marriage.
Are you going to end up one of those 50-somethings introducing his "girlfriend"? Embarrassing and ridiculous.

I know people that are in long term relationships and others that are unhappily married. I believe it takes trust and a selfless attitude to make them work.

A LOT of compromise, forgiveness, respect, and maturity.

Forum List

Back