London has Warmest April day in nearly 70 years, as Enormous Heat Dome Consumes Europe

Then you have a problem. Your post-glacial warming does NOT provide the forcing necessary to have produced the observed warming - particularly since the planet was cooling for 5,000 years prior to the Industrial Revolution and the rise of CO2 levels. The Greenhouse Effect acting on the added CO2 in the atmosphere does provide sufficient forcing. Your position is simply unsupportable.
I see. So what caused the warming after the little ice age - you know since the planet was cooling for 5,000 prior to the the Industrial Revolution and the rise of CO2 levels?

James Watt developed an improved version of the Thomas Newcomen steam engine in 1776, ushering in the Industrial Revolution.
So what you are saying is that CO2 saved mankind from an ice age?

But that wasn't it. Just so you know.

I see. So what caused the warming after the little ice age - you know since the planet was cooling for 5,000 prior to the the Industrial Revolution and the rise of CO2 levels?

I love how folks like you think you have seen something that thousands of actual professional across the globe and over the course of nearly a century "missed".

It's hilarious given your relatively fragile grasp of any of these technical topics. I mean the guy who doesn't know the difference between a fuel and a battery thinks he knows all about this and yet somehow winds up disagreeing with almost every professional in the field?

That would be AMAZING. I would actually pay for your flight to collect your Nobel Prize. LOL.

I love how folks like you think you have seen something that thousands of actual professional across the globe and over the course of nearly a century "missed".

It's hilarious given your relatively fragile grasp of any of these technical topics. I mean the guy who doesn't know the difference between a fuel and a battery thinks he knows all about this and yet somehow winds up disagreeing with almost every professional in the field?

That would be AMAZING. I would actually pay for your flight to collect your Nobel Prize. LOL.
You keep saying I don't have a grasp of the science but I keep beating your ass over and over again. Weird, huh?

I think it's super awesome you can't attack the content of what I post so you attack me instead.

So I will say again... What Crick is saying is that CO2 saved mankind from an ice age.

But he's wrong. That's not what ended the little ice age - which models predict should have continued. No, what ended the little ice age was an increase in albedo in the Alps... wait for it... from soot.

Last edited:
There is a thought that, indeed, human caused warming may have set back the next ice age by a goodly amount.

You would have to have read more in this field, though.
That thought is wrong. The last eccentricity cycle was nearly circular instead of elliptical. There wasn't enough orbital forcing to trigger a glacial cycle. That's why we didn't go into a glacial cycle.

lighten up.gif

It's really quite amazing what a very small amount of CO2 was able to accomplish. You know... saving mankind from a glacial cycle and all.

View attachment 646013
From Wikipedia's article on the Little Ice Age

Several causes have been proposed: cyclical lows in solar radiation, heightened volcanic activity, changes in the ocean circulation, variations in Earth's orbit and axial tilt (orbital forcing), inherent variability in global climate, and decreases in the human population (such as from the Black Death and the epidemics emerging in the Americas upon European contact[12]).

I see no mention of soot in the Alps.

Several causes have been proposed: cyclical lows in solar radiation, heightened volcanic activity, changes in the ocean circulation, variations in Earth's orbit and axial tilt (orbital forcing), inherent variability in global climate, and decreases in the human population (such as from the Black Death and the epidemics emerging in the Americas upon European contact[12]).

It's not in wikipedia.

Excuse me for taking an Illegitimate tactic from the 70 IQ Climate Deniers, who confuse short term or local WEATHER with Climate/Global avg Climate/warming.
Many threads on this page alone are by those myopic clowns and their snowy days looking out their windows.
So I think it will be enlightening to have them see past their own backyard Weather, and to a very large area.
But still just Weather.

London has warmest April day in nearly 70 years, as enormous heat dome consumes Europe
London has warmest April day in nearly 70 years, as enormous heat dome consumes Europe
Washington Post - Jason Samenow - April 19

While abnormally cold weather continues to grip the Eastern United States, a full-fledged dose of summer weather has overtaken much of Europe.​
An enormous heat dome, parked over Germany, has covered a large part of the continent in record or near-record warmth. High temperatures in the 70s and 80s (roughly 20 to 30 Celsius) were widespread Thursday.​
The British Met Office tweeted that St. James’s Park in London soared to 84.4° (29.1 Celsius), its warmest temperature in April since 1949, when it hit 84.9° (29.4 Celsius).​
Paris also experienced historically warm April conditions. Its temperature surpassed 82° before April 20 for the first time since 1949, MeteoFrance reported. ....Paris’s preliminary high of 83.7° (28.7 Celsius) ranked as the fifth-highest April temperature there in 146 years of measurements.​
Several locations in France set all-time April highs, MeteoFrance tweeted.​
[......]​
`
So what happened 70 years ago?

The expected respons to this would be for you to show us a reliable source explaining how the LIA was ended by soot in the Alps. Do you have such a source?

The expected respons to this would be for you to show us a reliable source explaining how the LIA was ended by soot in the Alps. Do you have such a source?
First of you are replying to your own post. Secondly, are you really incapable of finding anything for yourself?

Forum List

Back