“Lockdowns worst public health mistake in last 100 years”

Sweden never shutdown.
So you’re either an ignoramus or a liar.
Sweden is a sparely populated country with a healthy populace, universal healthcare and they don’t have Republicans to deal with.

And even then they had far worse outcomes than their neighbors.
You’ve never been to Sweden I see.
You’ve never been to Wisconsin.
That’s like saying Canada is sparsely populated.
It is.

Sweden never shutdown.
Sweden is a sparely populated country with a healthy populace, universal healthcare and they don’t have Republicans to deal with.

It is.
Never been to Montreal, Vancouver, etc etc I see.

The reaction to the Rona virus is a reminder that the public is extremely bad at science, overly trusting of authority and easily stampeded.

Yeah, it's so bad, that Australia and NZ - who had lockdowns - have handled the issue with ease. NZ has had 5 deaths per million, Australia 35 per million, the US 1600+ per million. Also love how you are calling people stupid for trusting authorities who have based their findings on health experts, only for you yourself to quote a health expert. Couldn't make this shit up.
Easy when all you do is shutdown your airports.
You Leftards attacked Trump for just limiting travel from China, the source.

The reaction to the Rona virus is a reminder that the public is extremely bad at science, overly trusting of authority and easily stampeded.

Typical., Pick out of few of the deniers & cling to them. In March of last year, he said COVID was not a serious issue. What kind of fucking idiot thinks that by keeping the economy open that all would be OK?

Sweden never shutdown.

It is.
Stockholm is the largest city, under a million people.

That’s not even top 10 here.

By metro area it’s not even top 20.

Sweden and the US have very little in common.

You lockdown the healthy to gin up fake over reactive panic . You do that by hoaxing that “ worst case” has become “most likely”
Then you incorrectly mix percentages and hard numbers and all deaths other than Covid suddenly disappear

That’s how the harm Trump, punish productive and independent minded Americans Hoax was fostered,

Sweden never shutdown.

It is.

Is that why even more rural nations have more cases per capita, like Canada does?

Keep grasping, this is fun.

Typical., Pick out of few of the deniers & cling to them. In March of last year, he said COVID was not a serious issue. What kind of fucking idiot thinks that by keeping the economy open that all would be OK?
Science shows the lockdowns were counterproductive.

Sweden never shutdown.

It is.

Is that why even more rural nations have more cases per capita, like Canada does?

Keep grasping, this is fun.
You keep ignoring the bigger point.

What works for Sweden (it didn’t even work) isn’t going to work for us. We ain’t Sweden genius.

The flu epidemic of 1918, H1N1.
During which there were lockdowns all over the place. During which the cities that took weaker measures suffered the most. You just debunked your own claim.
Sorry, I don't recall any lockdowns during h1n1....I do recall Obama and Xiden simply ordered test to stop.....which seems to be the same approach he is taking with illegals on the Southern Border before sending them on their way into the United States

Unproductive economically but you assholes value money over human life and suffering.

Guy is a real jerk, no?

I wonder why someone would publish such drivel. I imagine it's a propaganda outlet for the right.

The flu epidemic of 1918, H1N1.
During which there were lockdowns all over the place. During which the cities that took weaker measures suffered the most. You just debunked your own claim.
Businesses were closed in 1918?
Do tell!
Saloons, churches, schools, large gatherings/theaters were closed and masks were required. The boy scouts were used to rat those not wearing masks out, to the authorities.

When the first few civilian cases were reported on September 21, local physicians worried that this could be the start of an epidemic, but Krusen and his medical board said Philadelphians could lower their risk of catching the flu by staying warm, keeping their feet dry and their “bowels open,” writes John M. Barry in The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History.

As civilian infection rates climbed day by day, Krusen refused to cancel the upcoming Liberty Loan parade scheduled for September 28. Barry writes that infectious disease experts warned Krusen that the parade, which was expected to attract several hundred thousand Philadelphians, would be “a ready-made inflammable mass for a conflagration.”

Krusen insisted that the parade must go on, since it would raise millions of dollars in war bonds, and he played down the danger of spreading the disease. On September 28, a patriotic procession of soldiers, Boy Scouts, marching bands and local dignitaries stretched two miles through downtown Philadelphia with sidewalks packed with spectators.

Just 72 hours after the parade, all 31 of Philadelphia’s hospitals were full and 2,600 people were dead by the end of the week.

The public health response in St. Louis couldn’t have been more different. Even before the first case of Spanish flu had been reported in the city, health commissioner Dr. Max Starkloff had local physicians on high alert and wrote an editorial in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about the importance of avoiding crowds.

When a flu outbreak at a nearby military barracks first spread into the St. Louis civilian population, Starkloff wasted no time closing the schools, shuttering movie theaters and pool halls, and banning all public gatherings. There was pushback from business owners, but Starkloff and the mayor held their ground. When infections swelled as expected, thousands of sick residents were treated at home by a network of volunteer nurses.

Dehner says that because of these precautions, St. Louis public health officials were able to “flatten the curve” and keep the flu epidemic from exploding overnight as it did in Philadelphia.

Unproductive economically but you assholes value money over human life and suffering.

You mouthbreathers can't see that money is essential for sustaining human life and mitigating suffering. Or that there's more to being able to live your life than just money.

Personally, I refuse to be shamed for "greed" by people who can't go a single day without reaching into other people's pockets.

So Disrn contacted every "medical expert" on God's green earth until they found one that would say what they wanted them to say? Cool! :lol:

• Overall, we rate Disrn Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor the Christian right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources, questionable views on science, and a failed fact check.

You mouthbreathers can't see that money is essential for sustaining human life and mitigating suffering. Or that there's more to being able to live your life than just money.

Personally, I refuse to be shamed for "greed" by people who can't go a single day without reaching into other people's pockets.
But spreading COVID among your famnily, friends, & strangers is OK. I get it.

But spreading COVID among your famnily, friends, & strangers is OK. I get it.

But destroying the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans, and through them untold millions of people in other countries, is OK so long as you get what you want, while being able to lie to yourself that you're not a piece of shit. I not only get it, I've always gotten it about you.

You continue to lack any moral standing to judge me about anything.

Forum List

Back