Lockdown roll call

sparky

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2008
paradise
How many here are under state mandated lockdown?

IE~ you're temporarily out of work, because your state shuttered your place of employment?

~S~

Started today, here in Michigan we are under executive order from the governor. All unessential workers must stay home. I am unessential. Not only is that a blow to the pocketbook but to the self esteem as well!

We are allowed to leave our home for supplies but must maintain a six foot distance from other people. It's a misdemeanor to not obey the rules.

My state is on lockdown.

Has anybody noticed how it is that only the private sector is being attacked here? Those working in the public sector are getting a free vacation out of this.

How many here are under state mandated lockdown?

IE~ you're temporarily out of work, because your state shuttered your place of employment?

~S~
I think our announcement is coming later today from our REPUBLICAN Governor who DOES NOT SUPPORT TRUMP.

So, i have to ask those of you who have responded

is this martial law

martial law lite?

~S~

Present! I'm still going to work, though. It's a transaction between me and 1 other person. Private bidness, baby!

I am by definition non-essential since I'm retired. In Arizona and Not locked down, went running this morning I will golf in the afternoon and get some stuff this evening at Home Depot for a project.

I am in a state where there is a 'shelter in place' 'Order', Illinois to be exact.

My business, however, is a supply chain business to essential business and we are therefore working, although the entire company is doing so from home, with very limited trips into the field to help customers- and then under very specific protocols.

We have to this point had no layoffs, and have seen steady business. Although it's down a bit, there are segments that are exploding, such as medical equipment manufacturers. We have a couple of customers that manufacture ventilators and they have completely wiped out several million dollars of inventory of specific types of equipment.

My wife, on the other hand, is in Management for a major hotel brand. They have furloughed 90% of their workforce across the board for at least the next 2 months and several hotels have already begun the process to completely shut down, maybe to return, and maybe not.

Forum List

Back