Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
that group apparently does not include Fredo’s brother, the New York governor who insisted that chinese disease patients be sent to nursing homes
How many dead Americans do you think are "acceptable" losses? Give us a number.
I will if you tell me how many new welfare bums will emerge from the shutdown if it goes on for a year longer?
More ignorance.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?
You mean why cant democrat governors in deep blue states?

The NYC area got hit early and it's densely populated. Not sure what the political party the governor is a member of makes a difference in that case.

California acted early though and on a per capita basis their numbers look great considering they were also hit early. They took action quick and it's been paying off ever since. Same in Washington, probably the first epicenter in the United States and now they aren't worth mentioning.

More than likely due to the reliance on Mass Transit. Subways and commuter rail are perfect vectors for pathogens.

For all their hippie spewing crap, Californians have never wanted to give up their cars and their commutes to the mountains.
More than likely due to the reliance on Mass Transit. Subways and commuter rail are perfect vectors for pathogens.

careful

in lib la la land that could be considered hate speech against libs favorite form of transportation

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
that group apparently does not include Fredo’s brother, the New York governor who insisted that chinese disease patients be sent to nursing homes
I will if you tell me how many new welfare bums will emerge from the shutdown if it goes on for a year longer?
More ignorance.
Your ignorance is pretending to know who the next president will be

This fight will go the distance

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?

See you in 2023.

And next try a response somewhat ground in reality.
trump is gone in november.

1st, if he does lose he isn't gone until January 2021. Learn how the system works before you talk about it.

2nd, if Biden truly is your candidate, good luck with that.

3rd. What difference would a new administration make? Can Democrats magically make a vaccine appear if they win the White House?

As much misery and pain as they can extract from it!
It's probably just "Get Trump".
1AGETTRUMP.gif

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?

The NYC area got hit early and it's densely populated. Not sure what the political party the governor is a member of makes a difference in that case.

California acted early though and on a per capita basis their numbers look great considering they were also hit early. They took action quick and it's been paying off ever since. Same in Washington, probably the first epicenter in the United States and now they aren't worth mentioning.

For all their hippie spewing crap, Californians have never wanted to give up their cars and their commutes to the mountains.

careful

in lib la la land that could be considered hate speech against libs favorite form of transportation

I am actually a fan of mass transit, for NY you have to be either crazy or determined to commute by car into Manhattan. I am, however, not anti-car, and I only use the Subway when I go into my main office, for field sites in NJ and the Boros car transport is much better.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

In the Bay Area where they have kept COVID at bay they use mass transit quite often. BART runs through the entire bay area and San Francisco has MUNI.

LA on the other hand has less public transportation and their numbers while in control are higher than the Bay Area. Why would that be? For starters those 5 or 6 counties that imitated the first massive stay at home orders.

I don't doubt that mass transportation has an effect. A large one for that matter, but social distancing at least in San Francisco and it's surroundings has made an impact and your point (as much as it is one) just proves that.

ROFL!

You are a fucking moron. You believe no one is supposed to go back to work for 2 years?

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

careful

I am actually a fan of mass transit, for NY you have to be either crazy or determined to commute by car into Manhattan. I am, however, not anti-car, and I only use the Subway when I go into my main office, for field sites in NJ and the Boros car transport is much better.
I accept that New Yorkers like their city

but I would not want to live there

IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
G5000 is a special kind of stupid.

See you in 2023.

And next try a response somewhat ground in reality.
trump is gone in november.

1st, if he does lose he isn't gone until January 2021. Learn how the system works before you talk about it.

2nd, if Biden truly is your candidate, good luck with that.

3rd. What difference would a new administration make? Can Democrats magically make a vaccine appear if they win the White House?

I know how the system works better than you. Biden is about to whip trumps ass. And what we will see if he wins is a nationally coordinated plan with tests and proper tracking that will reduce the spread and slow things down until a vaccine is produced.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

careful

I accept that New Yorkers like their city

but I would not want to live there

Does it matter to anyone where you want to live?

Actually that's wrong. Plenty of TDS morons are fans of the lockdowns.

I couldn't care less about your grandma. If you don't want her to get COVID-10, then keep her inside and away from people. The rest of us have bills to pay.

Last edited:
People who want the lockdowns
Nobody wants them. Some of us just recognize their necessity. And the enormous peril of re-opening before we have certain protocols in place like the ability to test on a massive scale. Something the admin promised we would be able to do by now but failed again to come through.
We can't go another month with this lockdown or the economy will be destroyed.

Do you actually want another Great Depression?

More ignorance.
Your ignorance is pretending to know who the next president will be

This fight will go the distance

It will go until the election is over. But if we have 2 million or more infections and 2-300,000 dead, you can forget about trumps re election. So let the nation open up and deaths double and see what happens to trump. You guys have been grossly misinformed about how this administration has done things and that's why you are here trying to argue that a impeached president who has let people die when he did not have to actually stands a chance of being re elected.

Actually that's wrong. Plenty of TDS morons are fans of the lockdowns.

I couldn't care less about your grandma. If you don't her to get COVID-10, then keep her inside and away from people. The rest of us have bills to pay.
Deranged Trump supporters (DTS)like you are here arguing for a chance to go out, get infected, spread the infection and cause more infections and death.

How many bankrupt and financially destroyed Americans do you believe to be acceptable?

It's not up to me. But if it was, I'd at least like to see the curve flatten first.

Here's two very different curves. I'd prefer if we looked more like the second one before opening everything up.

1588721581738.png

1588721634145.png

People who want the lockdowns
Nobody wants them. Some of us just recognize their necessity. And the enormous peril of re-opening before we have certain protocols in place like the ability to test on a massive scale. Something the admin promised we would be able to do by now but failed again to come through.
We can't go another month with this lockdown or the economy will be destroyed.

Do you actually want another Great Depression?

We can go another month and human life is more important than the economy.

Forum List

Back