Lock him up! Why is repeat offender Donald Trump still a free man?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

It’s truly strange that in a land of laws, Trump still walks free, strutting around his fancy-pants golf course, holding $250,000 a head fundraisers, evading justice, encouraging sedition, and daily blogging divisive bile about a stolen election. The Big Kahuna peddles the Big Lie. What other self-respecting country would allow it?

The dismaying answer may be that to lock him up – the fate he wished on Hillary Clinton – would be to risk another insurrection. That’s the last thing Joe Biden and America’s wobbly democracy needs. But letting him get away with it harms democracy, too. In office, Trump ruled by lawlessness and fear. In exile, fear keeps him beyond the reach of the law.

Its a real puzzle isnt it ? I am guessing the answer is in the final paragraph. Why poke the snake. He will not be around for long anyway.

I think that attitude is wrong. At some point an intelligent version of Trump will show up. He needs to be able to see that there are consequences for criminal behaviour or that will be the end of the US.

It isn't a crime to be the leader of the Loyal Opposition here in America, we aren't North Fucking Korea after all.

Its also not a tradition in this country to imprison or execute deposed Presidents.

I suppose the author of this piece could see to really punish the tens of millions of little Trumpsters, but that kind of move would really dampen interest in future elections. Further, the possibility of the opposition rising and retaliating is something that has to be considered as well.

It’s truly strange that in a land of laws, Trump still walks free, strutting around his fancy-pants golf course, holding $250,000 a head fundraisers, evading justice, encouraging sedition, and daily blogging divisive bile about a stolen election. The Big Kahuna peddles the Big Lie. What other self-respecting country would allow it?

The dismaying answer may be that to lock him up – the fate he wished on Hillary Clinton – would be to risk another insurrection. That’s the last thing Joe Biden and America’s wobbly democracy needs. But letting him get away with it harms democracy, too. In office, Trump ruled by lawlessness and fear. In exile, fear keeps him beyond the reach of the law.

Its a real puzzle isnt it ? I am guessing the answer is in the final paragraph. Why poke the snake. He will not be around for long anyway.

I think that attitude is wrong. At some point an intelligent version of Trump will show up. He needs to be able to see that there are consequences for criminal behaviour or that will be the end of the US.
It's probably safe to say that, if he has indeed broken laws, we'll know about it within a year. Right now all we have is the same types of rumors, conjecture and assumptions that Trumpsters cling to on their end.

If nothing significant is found, then that's it. The good thing is this probably won't be an endless process.

its like the Fred Floyd case we all said what the hell takes so long to get the case started ... in Trumps case they have need his tax returns to prove their case ... every time a court order was produced to have him give up his taxes, he had a rebuttal for the court why they shouldn't give up his taxes ... well this last month was attempt to stop his taxers from being released ... from my understanding they are finding all kinds of illegal things he has done in his taxes to prove their case ... trump has committed so many crimes now that they are officially seenig his taxes ... now they are starting to have reason to charge him with a crime ... but like all prosecutors they want to have all of their ducks in a row ... like they did in the Floyd case ... he will soon be sweating large orange drops dow the side of his face when he confronts the press

Probably something to do with the fact that he hasn't been convicted of any criminal offense in a court of law
Yet.
I wouldn't count on it, whatever he's done, he's a Former President and there is no precedent for prosecuting one of those.

Heck we didn't even seriously contemplate prosecuting Nixon for the crimes he committed while in office and that was back when a majority of the country still respected the rule of law.

baby-whining600.jpg

TDS is a permanent infliction.

Tommy Tainant said:

Lock him up! Why is repeat offender Donald Trump still a free man?​

Mobs screeching that a political opponent be incarcerated without the required indictment, trial, conviction, and sentencing is a tawdry spectacle, antithetical to American values.

The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly small.

Conscientious criminal and civil investigations are well underway, and the wheels of justice are relentlessly turning.
(Ignore that squeaking. It's only the protestations of the malcontents who fear the truth.)

CryBaby.jpg

This not a serious post. It should be in badlands.

It isn't a crime to be the leader of the Loyal Opposition here in America, we aren't North Fucking Korea after all.

Its also not a tradition in this country to imprison or execute deposed Presidents.

I suppose the author of this piece could see to really punish the tens of millions of little Trumpsters, but that kind of move would really dampen interest in future elections. Further, the possibility of the opposition rising and retaliating is something that has to be considered as well.
lets see the first uninformed thing you said was the leader of this loyal opposition party ... you for get this so-called loyal leader said lets all go down to the capitol and take back the government ... in any legal worlding thats incitement to riot ... so no we aren't North Korea this has nothing to do with what north korea does ... thats you just grand standing....

Nixon was going to go to jail if it wasn't for Ford ... Nixon committed a many crimes ... Trump has committed so many violations of law and we are speaking of American law, not Korea law ...trump has violated so many laws its not funny any more ... trump doesn't care about the rule of law he never has ... we can't help that tens of millions of trumpsters are this ignorant of rule of law ... so if they violate it cause trump said it was its ok to ... if the opposition starts retaliating, because they have been dupe by a lying president trump, then when they are shot and killed by people who represent the rule of law, don't come crying to us about how horrible Dems/liberals are ... when you Are this stupid and you follow a stupid president Trump, don't be surprised if you get killed for being stupid ...

Tommy puts up a stupid troll thread and then bails when there is no basis for his partisan crap.
Defend your OP moron.
Hillary was caught with an illegal bathroom server, yet Comey said she had no "intent"
Biden openly bragged about extorting the Ukraine with US aid, yet he gets a pass.
Hunter Biden's laptop is full of evidence of crimes, with a real whistle-blower (Mr. Bobulinsky) and again the FBI buries the investigation.

So the democrats are the criminals, and Xiden is actually "Putin's Bitch". Just to set the record straight.

View attachment 492600
now if this isn't the most ignorant response ... what you can't defend trump ???? so you have to post a childish picture ??? man you're making a fool of yourself ... what does one expect from a trumpster real thought??? not going to happen with this one ... all he knows how to do is post childish pictures ...

View attachment 492600
now if this isn't the most ignorant response ... what you can't defend trump ???? so you have to post a childish picture ??? man you're making a fool of yourself ... what does one expect from a trumpster real thought??? not going to happen with this one ... all he knows how to do is post childish pictures ...
HRC1-NP.jpg

Forum List

Back