Local bakery truck gives out bread to stranded drivers in I-95 traffic jam

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Casey Holihan and her husband, John Noe, saw a bread truck from Schmidt Baking Company stuck just ahead of them on I-95 on Tuesday. They called the company's customer service line and left a message asking if it was possible for the driver to open the truck and give some loaves of bread to them and others.

Holihan was then surprised to receive a phone call 20 minutes later from the owner of Baltimore-based H&S Bakery, which owns Schmidt Baking Company. Chuck Paterakis told her he was instructing the truck's driver, Ron Hill, to open up the back and pass out some food.

bakery-truck-gives-out-bread-virginia-highway-te-3-220105-bda358.jpg

Very commendable. :)

damn freakin' liberals always lookin' for handouts. I suppose she didn't have any damn money on her??

Casey Holihan and her husband, John Noe, saw a bread truck from Schmidt Baking Company stuck just ahead of them on I-95 on Tuesday. They called the company's customer service line and left a message asking if it was possible for the driver to open the truck and give some loaves of bread to them and others.

Holihan was then surprised to receive a phone call 20 minutes later from the owner of Baltimore-based H&S Bakery, which owns Schmidt Baking Company. Chuck Paterakis told her he was instructing the truck's driver, Ron Hill, to open up the back and pass out some food.

Very commendable. :)

That is awesome. That is what being a descent human being is all about.

Thanks for posting

Loose cellulose has an R value of 3.1 to 3.8 per inch. Ten loaves of bread stuff into your shirt oughta just about keep you warm and toasty fer awhile. :04:

Very commendable. :)?!

Being totally insensitive to all those gluten allergic people out there?!

That man is worse than Hitler.

Loose cellulose has an R value of 3.1 to 3.8 per inch. Ten loaves of bread stuff into your shirt oughta just about keep you warm and toasty fer awhile. :04:
I suppose it's overkill but I always carry three bottles of water, a life straw, a couple fig bars, a woobie (.mil poncho liner) and a wool blanket.

If I have to get into my emergency supplies then I have a couple MREs/heaters and a alcohol stove/fuel. I also have a pr. of insulated coveralls, hiking boots, and a wool cap so I can just walk out if need be.

I suppose it's overkill but I always carry three bottles of water, a life straw, a couple fig bars, a woobie (.mil poncho liner) and a wool blanket.

If I have to get into my emergency supplies then I have a couple MREs/heaters and a alcohol stove/fuel. I also have a pr. of insulated coveralls, hiking boots, and a wool cap so I can just walk out if need be.

When I started getting to the age of being able to drive, my relatives kept telling me what basics I needed to keep in the trunk at all times. And I did. And man, did that shit save me a few times!!!

I have those too. The Vietnam War ea poncho is the best, along with a newer nylon liner. And flares: The kind you remove the cap off of one end, give it a good strike, and have an instant fire. Everybody went to those reflective or battery powered flashing lights, but I loves me some good old-fashioned magnesium flares.

In fact, now that I though of it, I just might go outside and burn one in the snow just for shits and giggles.

flare.jpg

Well that was fun. :p

flare2.jpg

Last edited:
It's unbelievable how many people will just get in their car with a light jacket and jammys and tennis shoes in the middle of winter totally unprepared and assuming that car will get them from door to door without any issues.
Next couple nights here will be hitting windchills of -45 F. You don't just get cold in that weather, you may just die if ill prepared and stranded

It's unbelievable how many people will just get in their car with a light jacket and jammys and tennis shoes in the middle of winter totally unprepared and assuming that car will get them from door to door without any issues.
Next couple nights here will be hitting windchills of -45 F. You don't just get cold in that weather, you may just die if ill prepared and stranded
Yep, I've seen it time and again.

Hey, if push comes to shove I can even hunt me up something. I carry this old 12 ga SS I shortened and installed a vari-choke on. Very effective gamegetter.

The strap doubles as a sling.

s 003 (2).JPG

s 002 (2).JPG

s 001 (2).JPG

I can just see the "starving" motorists attacking me for a boiled squirrel. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back