LoBiando Doesn't KNOW The Constitution...

Imagine that? A Congresscritter that is SWORN to uphold it...Defend it...Is called out upon it...and by...[DrumRoll]...A TEA PARTY MEMBER

Folks? It IS our Duty to grill these people. THEY are our employees...seems that some don't KNOW their JOB.

Go get them. Call them OUT.

How ironic.

You're criticizing a congressman for not knowing the Constitution without understanding it yourself.

Our representatives are not "our employees." They're citizens we've chosen to act in our names. We trust them to act autonomously. It's not a master and servant relationship.

Who pays our representatives salaries?

I rest my case!

Why would you do that? Your "argument" is far from convincing.

*ANY* Congresscritter that doesn't KNOW the Document should be voted the HELL OUT...and frankly I am an advocate of a rather extensive TEST of ALL Representatives that vye for office.

If they FAIL? Go look for employment elsewhere.

where did you get your expertise in the constitution?

Reading it.

It's a shame that so many people don't.

*ANY* Congresscritter that doesn't KNOW the Document should be voted the HELL OUT...and frankly I am an advocate of a rather extensive TEST of ALL Representatives that vye for office.

Reading it.

Which is precisely what the person was demonstrating to the Representative. The man was on the mark. The representitive was caught not knowing his true job.

Reading it.

It's not that hard to read. It's not too long to read in one sitting. It could be read easily within an hour....it and the amendments to it.

Here you can try the Chinese Constitution also.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I just finished reading every word of the Constitution and Amendments in a leisurely paced three hours, with a break in the middle to tune my 10-string guitar.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I can understand a Congressperson not being familiar with the text of a 1400 page, cut and paste, legal document that has been deliberately confused with references to thousands of other documents by paragraph number only. I can forgive a Congressperson (or any voting citizen) for requesting a week or so to read and understand what's about to become law. But to not be at least familiar with the very Constitution they are sworn to defend...that's pitiful. My grandson likely knows more of what's in the Constitution than do the three dopes running the show in Washington at this time. Obama/Pelosi/Reid...the trio that is above the Constitution by virtue of self-adornment and mutual crowning...have ignored the Constitution in their drive to Marxism.

READ THE CONSTITUTION!!!!

TWICE!!!!!

Last edited:
Jillian posted a link a while ago where ordinary folks and congrescritters were asked questions about what the constitution said.

The congresscritters scored in the low sixties.

That level of incompetence needs to be ferreted out, and voted out. Party labels don't matter. If they don't know the job, they should find something else more suited to their talents.

Jillian posted a link a while ago where ordinary folks and congrescritters were asked questions about what the constitution said.

The congresscritters scored in the low sixties.

That level of incompetence needs to be ferreted out, and voted out. Party labels don't matter. If they don't know the job, they should find something else more suited to their talents.

Exactly. They want the Job? They had better be 100%. They had better be RAZORS. It's high time we demanded it.

At the bottom of a liquor bottle.

At the bottom of a liquor bottle.

*FUCK YOU* Polk You don't know what the Hell you're talking about. You had better explain yourself. *HERE*

Last edited:

I'm not too worried about The T's constitutional knowledge. He is only speaking his mind on a board. Legislators lack of knowledge is however a bit troubling. Even moreso, any disinterest in that document at all, the one they took an oath to uphold.

I'm not too worried about The T's constitutional knowledge. He is only speaking his mind on a board. Legislators lack of knowledge is however a bit troubling. Even moreso, any disinterest in that document at all, the one they took an oath to uphold.

Exactly correct. Even I knew more than that Congresscritter. It is indeed troubling to note that these people take an oath to protect and defend something that they know nothing of or could care a wit about other than their own power over others.

It's dangerous, and that's the inherient point. Thanks Annie.

Reading it.

It's not that hard to read. It's not too long to read in one sitting. It could be read easily within an hour....it and the amendments to it.

Here you can try the Chinese Constitution also.

I just finished reading every word of the Constitution and Amendments in a leisurely paced three hours, with a break in the middle to tune my 10-string guitar.

I can understand a Congressperson not being familiar with the text of a 1400 page, cut and paste, legal document that has been deliberately confused with references to thousands of other documents by paragraph number only. I can forgive a Congressperson (or any voting citizen) for requesting a week or so to read and understand what's about to become law. But to not be at least familiar with the very Constitution they are sworn to defend...that's pitiful. My grandson likely knows more of what's in the Constitution than do the three dopes running the show in Washington at this time. Obama/Pelosi/Reid...the trio that is above the Constitution by virtue of self-adornment and mutual crowning...have ignored the Constitution in their drive to Marxism.

READ THE CONSTITUTION!!!!

TWICE!!!!!

They aren't that smart to understand it. it's above their collective heads therefore they dismiss it. All they care about is helping their Congresscritter to raid the treasury for their personal gain.

Liberty means ZERO to these twits.

Hey T, and everyone else I got this link and thought I would share it. Great read, clicking on the actual speech documents is a must when you have time.

Davy Crockett and the U.S. Constitution | Personal Liberty Digest

Davy introduces himself to the farmer and says, “I am one of those unfortunate beings called candidates, and ….”
Before he could continue, the man interrupted and said, “Yes, I know you; you are Colonel Crockett. I have seen you once before and voted for you the last time you were elected. I supposed you are out electioneering now, but you had better not waste your time or mine. I shall not vote for you again.”
Needless to say, the young congressman is surprised and asks the man why on earth not. The farmer replies, “You gave a vote last winter which shows that either you have not capacity to understand the Constitution or that you are wanting in the honesty and firmness to be guided by it. In either case, you are not the man to represent me.”
As Davy says, when he later related the story on the floor of Congress, “This was a sockdolager!” I told the man, “There must be some mistake, for I do not remember that I gave my vote last winter upon any constitutional question.” The man replies, “No, Colonel, there’s no mistake. Though I live here in the back woods and seldom go from home, I take the papers from Washington and read very carefully all the proceedings of Congress. My papers say that last winter you voted for a bill to appropriate $20,000 to some sufferers by a fire in Georgetown. Is that true?”
Crockett replies, “Certainly it is. And I thought that was the last vote for which anybody in the world would have found fault with.”
Then comes the classic denouement: “Well, Colonel, where do you find in the Constitution any authority to give away the public money in charity?”
Let me pick up the rest of this part of the story, exactly as Davy Crockett told it on the floor of Congress: “Here was another sockdolager; for, when I began to think about it, I could not remember a thing in the Constitution that authorized it. I found I must take another tack, so I said: ‘“Well, my friend; I may as well own up. You have got me there. But certainly nobody will complain that a great and rich country like ours should give the insignificant sum of $20,000 to relieve its suffering women and children, particularly with a full and overflowing Treasury, and I am sure, if you had been there, you would have done just as I did.’
I’d love to share the farmer’s entire response with you, but I don’t have room here. Instead, let me do two things. First, let me direct you to Davy Crockett’s complete speech. Personal Liberty Digest has created a special link to “Sockdolager!” by Davy Crockett. To see it, just click here.(And while you’re there, why not send it to a few dozen of your friends?)
Second, let me go right to the farmer’s concluding remarks. He told the congressman, “When Congress once begins to stretch its power beyond the limits of the Constitution, there is no limit to it, and no security for the people.”
Davy has no choice but to acknowledge the truth of what he’s heard. He tells the man, ‘“Well, my friend, you hit the nail upon the head when you said I had not sense enough to understand the Constitution. I intended to be guided by it, and thought I had studied it fully. I have heard many speeches in Congress about the powers of Congress, but what you have said here at your plow has got more hard, sound sense in it than all the fine speeches I ever heard.
“If I had ever taken the view of it that you have, I would have put my head into the fire before I would have given that vote, and if you will forgive me and vote for me again, if I ever vote for another unconstitutional law I wish I may be shot.”
What are the chances, ladies and gentlemen, that your congressman would ever make such an admission—or such a speech—today?

Crockett was Honest. Credit where it is due.

Unlike the Vid I posted where the man lecturing the Congresscritter was called "Out Of Order"

Imagine that? A Congresscritter that is SWORN to uphold it...Defend it...Is called out upon it...and by...[DrumRoll]...A TEA PARTY MEMBER

Folks? It IS our Duty to grill these people. THEY are our employees...seems that some don't KNOW their JOB.

How ironic.

You're criticizing a congressman for not knowing the Constitution without understanding it yourself.

Our representatives are not "our employees." They're citizens we've chosen to act in our names. We trust them to act autonomously. It's not a master and servant relationship.

Oh, I understand it very well sport.

I only have it POSTED for all to Refer to as a reference on my site:

The United States Constitution

Not only that...but to further...

The Declaration Of Independence

Articles Of Confederation

The FEDERALIST PAPERS

The Anti-Federalists

Pretty Much the History of the Founding. So Son? Before you devlop a further taste for Shoe leather?

DO some fuckin research about WHOM you're speaking.

How ironic.

YES they are. You stretch this far often?

How ironic.

YES they are. You stretch this far often?

LOL!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The T again.

Seems to me that this critter FAILED in Demonstrated knowledge of that which HE and Hundreds of others that sought employment swore they'd DEFEND.

This instance scores a Goosegg for that poor Congresscritter.

HOW can one defend what they don't know?

You're barking UP the wrong tree.

As a citizen? I demand that these people take a TEST before they are qualified to RUN for office.

Are you NOT tested to drive upon Public Roadways?

Driving on the Public roadways is not something the affects the entire US population. These politicians make decisions that reach at least everyone on the state level if not the entire country so I believe they should be held to a higher standard. If you can't explain the document that you are sworn to uphold, you should not be in the position to attempt to uphold it.

How ironic.

Oh, I understand it very well sport.

I only have it POSTED for all to Refer to as a reference on my site:

Pretty Much the History of the Founding. So Son? Before you devlop a further taste for Shoe leather?

DO some fuckin research about WHOM you're speaking.

I think I've done all the research necessary. From what I've seen, you're nothing but a "copy and paste commando." You point to source documents without understanding them, then make bizarre claims and jump to startling conclusions.

Our representatives are not our employees and they don't have to be able to recite chapter and verse to do what we want them to do. You won't find that in old parchment, so don't try; at least not in text you can copy and paste. You have to understand the documents and their context.

Better get started.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back