Liz '24???

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Ms. Cheney is considering a run in 2024 for the big job.

How would such a run turn out?

Suppose President Trump stands down and let's her have the nomination, what would happen next?

My contention , my theorem, is that all of the Love that Liz receives from the Left would dissipate over night. The evil daughter of the Hitleresque Dick Cheney would be literally crucified in the media.

It would be a bloodbath in November as Biden cruises to victory.

Of course, after the election, she'd forgive her friends across the aisle and saluted for maintaining "respectability in defeat".

Nobody trusts Cheney any further than they can throw her. She did make the right choice in opposing trump, and she does deserve credit for that, even though she voted for trump's policies most of the time. One aww shit wipes out a dozen attaboys. Cheney just has way too many awwshits, and only one or two attaboys.

I don't think she could carry a rural diner full of drooling fucktards at this point. She's despised by 74 million, by definition, (we all know it's closer to 100 million) and her praise for SCOTUS on the abortion thing.... oh fuck! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

She was a useful idiot for 15 minutes.... then, back under the rock.

Ms. Cheney is considering a run in 2024 for the big job.

How would such a run turn out?

Suppose President Trump stands down and let's her have the nomination, what would happen next?

My contention , my theorem, is that all of the Love that Liz receives from the Left would dissipate over night. The evil daughter of the Hitleresque Dick Cheney would be literally crucified in the media.

It would be a bloodbath in November as Biden cruises to victory.

Of course, after the election, she'd forgive her friends across the aisle and saluted for maintaining "respectability in defeat".

The way I remember it, voters vote for the nominee. Has that changed?

The party convention determines the nominee, the voters decide which of the two nominees to vote for.
Methinks you need a brush up on how it works. There are primaries and voters vote for the nominee they want. The party convention is just a formality to formally announce who the voters had voted for, even though everyone already knows that anyway.

Methinks you need a brush up on how it works. There are primaries and voters vote for the nominee they want. The party convention is just a formality to formally announce who the voters had voted for, even though everyone already knows that anyway.

Some states have primaries, other states have caucuses and conventions. But it is the Party Convention that determines how much weight to give to the various other functions if any, and who to nominate.

Sen. France won the GOP primaries in 1932, yet still lost the nomination. Vice President Humphrey didn't win a single primary in 1968, yet still took the Democrat nomination on the 1st ballot.

A poll in August resulted in 56 percent of the respondents voting for Trump. Cheney's loss to Harriet Hagerman. Her margin of defeat is one of the biggest on record for a House incumbent. 4 out of 6 House Republicans that voted for Trump's impeachment lost their primaries as well. Trump is averaging 50% of the GOP primary vote and Cheney has a favorable rating of 13%. Please excuse me for laughing at the prospect of Cheney running for anything in '24.
Analysis: Cheney's loss may be the second worst for a House incumbent in 60 years

A poll in August resulted in 56 percent of the respondents voting for Trump. Cheney's loss to Harriet Hagerman. Her margin of defeat is one of the biggest on record for a House incumbent. 4 out of 6 House Republicans that voted for Trump's impeachment lost their primaries as well. Trump is averaging 50% of the GOP primary vote and Cheney has a favorable rating of 13%. Please excuse me for laughing at the prospect of Cheney running for anything in '24.
Analysis: Cheney's loss may be the second worst for a House incumbent in 60 years

That's all true. But its also why the GOP Establishment is interested in Trump getting officially DQ'ed from the 2024 race because of all the Fake Legal problems they and the Democrats are giving him.

She's now hanging out in the woods with Hillary.
Not one of Trump's right wing fascist fringe asseater's. But Trump can always turn to McCarthy, Graham, Rubio, Cruz, Hawley & a slew of others for the chore.

They're all nothing but a bunch of traitor's to The Constitution in order to protect their guy.

And Cheney won her previous election with a huge percentage of the vote. The only difference this time was her refusal to become part of the trump cult. More proof that republicans no longer exist, but have been converted to trumpsters. He took over your party and is the reigning king of the GOP.

Some states have primaries, other states have caucuses and conventions. But it is the Party Convention that determines how much weight to give to the various other functions if any, and who to nominate.

Sen. France won the GOP primaries in 1932, yet still lost the nomination. Vice President Humphrey didn't win a single primary in 1968, yet still took the Democrat nomination on the 1st ballot.
Bullcrap. You might have a spec of truth in that when you were talking about the Democrats super delegates, which even they have since changed how that works to some degree, but Republicans have a primary and caucuses and the results of those determine who the nominee is. If voters choose one then the party convention rubber stamps it. The only thing that would make your scenario correct was if no one got the required amount of delegates needed to win the nomination.

It does not matter if Trump decides to run in 2024 or not to Cheney won't get the Republican nomination and now that she has served her role as the lefts useful idiot they have no more use for her. Politically she is pretty much persona non grata the best she can hope for now is contributor job on CNN or MSNBC.

Forum List

Back