Living off of debt...

We the people do the same thing the country does...spend money we do not have.

More shoppers plan to take out loan to finance the holidays

One in 3 Americans have or are planning to take out a personal loan to cover holiday shopping expenses, according to survey results Experian shared with Yahoo Money. That’s double from last year’s survey, the credit bureau said.

A booming economy and the country is adding debt at more than a trillion a year and personal debt is at an all time high as well.

View attachment 291988

Americans are way more in debt now than they were after the financial crisis - HousingWire

American household debt continues to climb to record levels, reaching $13.54 trillion in the fourth quarter of 2018.
According to the latest report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Center for Microeconomic Data, household debt is now $869 billion higher than 2008’s $12.68 trillion peak.
It is also 21.4% above the debt levels seen in the wake of the financial crisis in 2013.

We are so screwed come the next recession.
Yep. Unfortunate but I ll be in a lot of debt very soon when my kids go to college. Such is life in the US.
/——/ If you have daughters, ask them to take up golf. There are plenty of scholarships at good schools, and they don’t even have to play well. Women's Golf Scholarships

We the people do the same thing the country does...spend money we do not have..

Obama gave us more debt than all other presidents combined. Thats a fact. Where were you then

Well, it is not a fact, but he came sort of close.

The day he took office the debt stood at $10,626,877,048,913, the day he left office it stood at $19,944,429,217,106

Where was I then? I was preaching the same song I am now. Back then people like you cared, now you do not.

People like you are the problem

And don't get me started on corporate debt...

Too late!

corporate-debt-1.jpg
/—-/ If you invest, look for companies with zero debt and a load of cash. Or at best a low debt to cash ratio.

One in 3 Americans have or are planning to take out a personal loan to cover holiday shopping expenses, according to survey results Experian shared with Yahoo Money. That’s double from last year’s survey, the credit bureau said.

A booming economy and the country is adding debt at more than a trillion a year and personal debt is at an all time high as well.

View attachment 291988

Americans are way more in debt now than they were after the financial crisis - HousingWire

American household debt continues to climb to record levels, reaching $13.54 trillion in the fourth quarter of 2018.
According to the latest report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Center for Microeconomic Data, household debt is now $869 billion higher than 2008’s $12.68 trillion peak.
It is also 21.4% above the debt levels seen in the wake of the financial crisis in 2013.

This is a real concern, but it isn't even what has me a little jittery.

Sub-prime corporate debt is.
Sub-prime home mortgages went clunk, now we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

What's going to happen then? Historically, the Democrat swamp dweller go-to "solution" always seems to be authoritarianism, conscription (aka slavery) and war.

Last edited:

View attachment 291988

I'll be getting out of debt in December. That ought to make your graph turn down.
I am carrying a lot of debt at the moment but my assets out way the debt. This is smart investing since my loans are around 2 to 3 percent but my dividend income in averaging 8 percent. Smart people know the rules of being wealthy. Needs over Wants, rich people dont spend their way to richness....

View attachment 291988

Yep. Unfortunate but I ll be in a lot of debt very soon when my kids go to college. Such is life in the US.
/——/ If you have daughters, ask them to take up golf. There are plenty of scholarships at good schools, and they don’t even have to play well. Women's Golf Scholarships
They don’t like it. Basketball and LAX are their sports. Bleh.

View attachment 291988

Me too, but I sure as hell ain't takin' out a loan for Christmas presents. I don't put them on credit cards either.

View attachment 291988

Me too, but I sure as hell ain't takin' out a loan for Christmas presents. I don't put them on credit cards either.
I do not judge how others choose to spend their monies. Many do it on vacations, many on 2nd homes, cars, etc. If they want to spend on Xmas gifts then it’s their choice. For me it’s less money and more stupidity. We had friends get 25 presents per kid when our kids were 5 and 6, respectively. After present number 7 the kids get bored so it’s a waste of $$. That I find stupid but you gotta do you.

Smart people know the rules of being wealthy

More like wealthy people change the rules , so they can stay wealthy...

~S~
If they change the rules, then you must change with them. While in Saudi Arabia, was making $70,000 all tax free, took $10,000 of capital gains and offset it with personal deductions. Amassed a small fortune over there....

View attachment 291988

/----/ Let me translate for them FREE EDUCATION and they just might like it if they try it. Besides, there are other sports that they can apply for, as well.

View attachment 291988

/----/ Let me translate for them FREE EDUCATION and they just might like it if they try it. Besides, there are other sports that they can apply for, as well.

You do have a point, basketball and LAX are full of people trying for those scholarships.

Though, a couple years ago I was talking to my financial planner and he had a son in college with a soccer scholarship. His son did all the soccer camps and the traveling select teams. He said had he saved all the money he spent on all that over about 12 years that he could have sent his son to any college in the country and had money left over.

Youth sports are expensive.

View attachment 291988

You do have a point, basketball and LAX are full of people trying for those scholarships.

Though, a couple years ago I was talking to my financial planner and he had a son in college with a soccer scholarship. His son did all the soccer camps and the traveling select teams. He said had he saved all the money he spent on all that over about 12 years that he could have sent his son to any college in the country and had money left over.

/---/ I know, but schools are required to offer athletic scholarships to an equal number of girls as they do for boys, and they are begging for female candidates to the point they have a low standard for entry in sports like golf. No need for training camps. All I'm saying is it's worth a look.

/---/ I know, but schools are required to offer athletic scholarships to an equal number of girls as they do for boys, and they are begging for female candidates to the point they have a low standard for entry in sports like golf. No need for training camps. All I'm saying is it's worth a look.

I do not disagree at all. The suggestion of golf is a good one as it is not as populated.

View attachment 291988

Funny thing is, most people don't realize that "putting it on the card" is taking out a loan.

I do not disagree at all. The suggestion of golf is a good one as it is not as populated.
/----/ Teenagers don't always make the wisest decisions when it comes to their future. My friend's daughter had a full boat scholarship to her second choice school but chose a different school because her friends were going there. She did well, but her parents had to pick up the tab.

View attachment 291988

You can minimize the impact, there are lots of scholarships out there many specific to the college your kids will attend. We got ours through college with a minimum of debt. Of course that would have not been possible had they gone to an Ivy League school.

Forum List

Back