Little Known Facts About General Robert Edward Lee

Lee was the General you wanted to win a battle. Grant was the General you wanted to win a war.

What a joke. Grant used his men as cannon fodder and only won because Lee had his supplies severely cut due to the CSA's loss of ports and rail lines. On two occasions, Grant left his wounded men to die on the battlefield because he was too proud to admit he had lost and refused to call for a flag of truce to retrieve the wounded and bury the dead.
Grant was a pit bull in a fight.
No, he did not use his men as cannon fodder. That was Burnside at Fredericksburg and Lee ordering Picketts Charge

I have no comment about his political or military views, but after listening to a C-SPAN discussion, I learned that he was definitely a genuine gentleman.

We do not have many of them anymore.

He was a role model for young men of all ethnicities.

Too bad there are not more statues to his memory.

A gentleman is usually as asshole who gets to live fat and rich off the hard work of others. The real problem is that we've romanticized the "Old South" in movies like "Gone with the Wind" rather than realizing it was more like "Mandingo".

What a joke. Grant used his men as cannon fodder and only won because Lee had his supplies severely cut due to the CSA's loss of ports and rail lines. On two occasions, Grant left his wounded men to die on the battlefield because he was too proud to admit he had lost and refused to call for a flag of truce to retrieve the wounded and bury the dead.

You mean he fought war like a war. Wow. That's awful.

Of course, being a racist Mormon, you are just sad he freed the slaves.

Lee was the General you wanted to win a battle. Grant was the General you wanted to win a war.

No, he did not use his men as cannon fodder. That was Burnside at Fredericksburg and Lee ordering Picketts Charge

Uh, yes, Grant most certainly did use his men as cannon fodder. Google "Cold Harbor" to learn about just one example.

And I notice you didn't address the fact that Grant twice left his wounded to die on the battlefield for an extra 18-36 hours because he was too proud to follow the custom of the losing general calling for a truce to bury the dead and retrieve the wounded.

Uh, yes, Grant most certainly did use his men as cannon fodder. Google "Cold Harbor" to learn about just one example.

And I notice you didn't address the fact that Grant twice left his wounded to die on the battlefield for an extra 18-36 hours because he was too proud to follow the custom of the losing general calling for a truce to bury the dead and retrieve the wounded.
Link

That's why he won... he didn't follow bullshit rules.

That's why he won... he didn't follow BS rules.

Phew, what? Just go back to your Mao Tsetung shrine and draft more posts about how Mao brought peace and prosperity to China, how Red China was better off under Mao than Taiwan was
under Chiang Kaishek, how it's unfair to "demonize" Joseph Stalin, blah, blah, blah.

And, FYI, Grant usually *did* follow the rules of war, with a few notable and regrettable exceptions.

Grant also finally learned his lesson after Cold Harbor and forbade any more frontal assaults on entrenched positions.

Phew, what? Just go back to your Mao Tsetung shrine and draft more posts about how Mao brought peace and prosperity to China, how Red China was better off under Mao than Taiwan was
under Chiang Kaishek, how it's unfair to "demonize" Joseph Stalin, blah, blah, blah.

Uh, yeah, did you look at what a hot mess Chinese history was before 1949? Dummy.

And, FYI, Grant usually *did* follow the rules of war, with a few notable and regrettable exceptions.

Grant also finally learned his lesson after Cold Harbor and forbade any more frontal assaults on entrenched positions.

Yeah, he kicked Lee's stupid inbred ass.

The only mistake we made in the Civil War is we didn't have a Nuremburg style trial for the Confederate Leaders, and hanged the fucking lot of them.

He was a racist, traitorous piece of shit who needs to be expunged from the public eye?

Yes. Yes, we know.

...and you don't know jackshit about history.

You Moon Bats don't know any more about History as you know about Economics, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

You Moon Bats don't know any more about History as you know about Economics, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

Yet why is it that things ALWAYS get worse when a Republican is in charge?

Of the last 11 recessions, 10 of them broke out when Republicans were in charge. Why do you think that is, if you guys know so much about "economics"

Yet why is it that things ALWAYS get worse when a Republican is in charge?

Of the last 11 recessions, 10 of them broke out when Republicans were in charge. Why do you think that is, if you guys know so much about "economics"
Yet Ears did nothing but enrich the rich and prolong the Great Recession, and you were cool with it.

Yet Ears did nothing but enrich the rich and prolong the Great Recession, and you were cool with it.

Naw, man, I was cool with the fact that I was enriched when Obama was in. My income nearly doubled, I was able to pay down most of my debt, etc.

You see, the thing is, when a Democrat is in office, I always end up better off than where I started. When a Republican is in office, I usually end up worse off. My income is down 30% from where it was last year, thanks to TRUMP PLAGUE, TRUMP RECESSION and TRUMP RIOTS.

The same with Baby Bush and Poppy Bush, they just made things worse.

Naw, man, I was cool with the fact that I was enriched when Obama was in. My income nearly doubled, I was able to pay down most of my debt, etc.

You see, the thing is, when a Democrat is in office, I always end up better off than where I started. When a Republican is in office, I usually end up worse off. My income is down 30% from where it was last year, thanks to TRUMP PLAGUE, TRUMP RECESSION and TRUMP RIOTS.

The same with Baby Bush and Poppy Bush, they just made things worse.
Well of course, it’s all about you Joe. Fuck everyone else.

Forum List

Back