Lithium Pipe Dream?

In just one deposit on the Oregon-Nevada line, there is enough lithium to supply 25% of the world's demand for over 40 years. Ever hear of a little research before presenting yourself as a dumb ass?

Tesla has 17,000 acres of this deposit, and the geology of that deposit is not unique to that deposit. There are many areas in both Oregon and Nevada that are potential sources.

Yes, Musk is heavily invested in Lithium. His opinion is not unbiased.

Hydrogen cells can be recharged with gas, bio fuel, etc. for which infrastructure currently exists. Right now you have the charge up your Tesla from your home and charging stations across the country are few and far between. Also, one has to wait hours to give their Tesla a full charge. With a Hydrogen cell battery, you can carry the means to charge with you in your car.

All you are doing is spouting the Environmental Wacko bullshit that has no technical basis.

The reason why you are confused is that you being a stupid uneducated Moon Bat that is obsessed with this silly ass AGW bullshit you accept this L-I EV crap as being the savior of the earth and it is not. Not by a long shot.

You stupid uneducated Moon Bat silly fantasay is that we will all drive to Walden Pond in our electric vehicle recharged by renewable solar power but that ain't gonna happen.

L-I batteries are fine for some applications. I use them in some of my firearms optics.

I bought an electric weed trimmer that was L-I battery operated. It works fine but I am on my third battery. L-I batteries really don't last very long.

I am sure that one of these days someone will invent a battery that can be used in vehicles that will somewhat efficiently store the electricity generated by fossil fuels. Lithium Ion technology ain't it.

Unless someone can afford the very expensive top of the line Tesla batteries that are in the 60+K vehicles they will be very disappointed.

I had a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport that I kept for 23 years. Was a great vehicle. Had 190K miles on it when I got rid of it. I doubt there are none of these stupid L-I battery cars that the idiots are buying now that will be around in ten years, no less 23.

I'm on my 23rd year on one of my vehicles, too. I still can't see the oil on my dipstick, have to check it three or more times and use that marker stuff. I'm only considering getting another one because it's tough to find parts for it, thanks to Obama's cash for junkers scam he invented to punish poor and working class people.

Post # 10 in this thread. Note that there are an abundance of LFP batteries that will go beyond 3000 cycles before degrading to 80% capacity. In a vehicle with 300 miles range, that translates to 900,000 miles. Makes that 190K look pretty puny. Many of the NMC batteries go over 2000 cycles. In a vehicle with 300 miles range, that is 600,000 miles. Sounds adequate.

lol cuz there are no other mechanical systems involved, it's just a battery, doesn't need motors, drive trains, wheels, windshield wipers, brakes, and well, chargers and stuff. Great point.

I'm on my 23rd year on one of my vehicles, too. I still can't see the oil on my dipstick, have to check it three or more times and use that marker stuff. I'm only considering getting another one because it's tough to find parts for it, thanks to Obama's cash for junkers scam he invented to punish poor and working class people.
23 years with one car? I am greatly impressed! Kudos!!! :thup:

23 years with one car? I am greatly impressed! Kudos!!! :thup:

I spend a lot on maintenance, but it's a lot cheaper than buying a car every couple of years like many do. I got over obsessing on having a new one after buying my first new truck and getting over the 'new' out of my system after a couple on months and still having to make payments on it for a couple of years. lol

I spend a lot on maintenance, but it's a lot cheaper than buying a car every couple of years like many do. I got over obsessing on having a new one after buying my first new truck and getting over the 'new' out of my system after a couple on months and still having to make payments on it for a couple of years. lol
A newer vehicle would almost undoubtedly be safer: less likely to have an accident and less severe injuries if you do. And better mileage is good for your wallet and good for the climate.

A newer vehicle would almost undoubtedly be safer: less likely to have an accident and less severe injuries if you do. And better mileage is good for your wallet and good for the climate.

Why would you think that?

A couple of months ago I saw a video on the hydrogen fuel cell technology and Musk is correct. It is stupid.

Several major things wrong but the biggy is that it takes more energy to produce the fuel cells than the fuel cells put out.
Right!
Some place like outer space where internal combustion won't work and then hydrogen fuel cell can be handy. However, down here on Earth's surface, as you point out, takes more energy to get hydrogen (usually electrical to break oxygen-hydrogen bond of water(H2O)) than hydrogen will provide.

If one took and passed basic high school level chemistry they would know that. Obviously many here are a bit science ignorant.

Not all newer vehicles are safer nor get better mileage. Large conventional pick-ups are one example.
Would seem you haven't done much vehicle shopping lately. Especially in USA market.

Not all newer vehicles are safer nor get better mileage. Large conventional pick-ups are one example.
Would seem you haven't done much vehicle shopping lately. Especially in USA market.
I think I can pretty confidently guarantee that a new car, due to a host of features, many of which have been required fleetwide, is going to be significantly safer than the 23 year old car poster Dudley Smith is driving.

When my 20-year-old used clunker failed, I needed a truck, and found a used one I could pay cash for, and I'm still driving it 13 years later. A little less than 2 years ago, I had to spend two thousand on a transmission failure, twice (they fixed the second failure for free), and so far, so good, but it needs a change of oil very soon. lol. Old cars do take maintenance. :thup:

Despite my comments about safety, I fully agree that it is almost ALWAYS cheaper to repair an old car than to replace it. I replaced the engine in an old Camry we had for $2k and kept it for several more years. We did have a Dodge Grand Caravan that over about six months averaged more for repairs than its payments and I'm sure it would have run out of things to fail at some point, but it was getting a little frustrating. And, of course, a car in the shop is not a car that's getting you to work or the store. AND, when thinking about the safety of vehicles, you have to remember that you carry passengers sometimes and other people and other children ride in other cars. It's not just the owner/driver that's affected by that choice.

Who Gave The Battery Such Power?​

Embracing electric cars and the batteries that power them inflates the need for mining. Is this an environmental paradox? Or are there more important questions to ask?

Forum List

Back