Listen up GOP leadership: Why your base is terrified of immigration.

wow, that is some hate for his fellow country men and women

I can feel it through my computer

Show's how much he cares about you citizens who were born here and those immigrants WHO do the right thing and come to our country LEGALLY...You get shit on for showing you care about, the RULES of our laws

the dimocrap party is based in hate.

somebody needs to drop the hammer on deanie-weenie. he/she/it is a slimeball.

all he/she/it ever preaches is hatred of America

:trolls:

It is a waste of time to respond to it...there's no there there.

These right wingers aren't really commenting on the post, just attacking me. Immigration reform would make immigration legal. Right wingers don't want immigration reform. They don't want them here at all.

Immigration is legal right now. :confused:
The "rightwingers" want immigration they just want to close the borders first so it's legal immigration and not illegal immigration which you seem to cherish so highly, deenie. :eusa_whistle:

Why do we have to continually explain the meaning of the word "illegal" to the low information left?
Truth, however simple eludes them. Everything has to be nuanced...NOTHING is black and white in their world, and that is why they fail and put the rest of us through HELL...and they enjoy it.

What's scary as hell is they can fall for some bullshit snake in the grass like Obama and elect him to be President

look what they got for it...a new government program they get to pay for and be fined if they don't "comply"
..also don't forget you can keep your plan and doctors you have now if the law they passed doesn't get in your way then you are, shit out of luck..too bad how sad...

That scares me more than anything for this country and our freedoms

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

We're afraid of immigration? How is that possible? Hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants cross our borders legally. Not a peep. Why are you leftists afraid to enforce the law on those who don't? Hmm? "Anti-immigrant" is a misnomer. That would imply we were rank xenophobes. We are pro immigrant, anti illegal entry.

Very interesting...

So what is the plan of Republicans? The future of your party depends on it

the future of your party is at stake too.....when they take it over things are going to change.....we will see how many white rich Democrats flee the party......where will they go?.....

One of my Grandsons is Mexican on his Father's side. His amily was in Texas (Tejas) before the Revolution that won independence from Mexico. His ancestors fught on the side of the Rebels and helped win freedom from the Tyrant, Santa Anna. The Mexicans and Anlgos got along fine and intermarried, they were all 'Texicans'. Then came the later Anglo/Euro immigrants and brought the anti Mexican preudices with them. Most Native Texans of Mexican descent are Conservatives and strong Christians. They are a minority in the "Latino" community because of the immigrants from south of the border. My Grandson's parent's family (Mother and Father) are Republicans and are against illegal immigration. They want the laws inforced and modernized where needed.
They also realise that new immigrants hear, "Republicans hate you, Democrats love you" from the media and the Democrat politicians.

I have never seen ANYONE that hates illegal immigration more than a LEGAL immigrant!

One of my Grandsons is Mexican on his Father's side. His amily was in Texas (Tejas) before the Revolution that won independence from Mexico. His ancestors fught on the side of the Rebels and helped win freedom from the Tyrant, Santa Anna. The Mexicans and Anlgos got along fine and intermarried, they were all 'Texicans'. Then came the later Anglo/Euro immigrants and brought the anti Mexican preudices with them. Most Native Texans of Mexican descent are Conservatives and strong Christians. They are a minority in the "Latino" community because of the immigrants from south of the border. My Grandson's parent's family (Mother and Father) are Republicans and are against illegal immigration. They want the laws inforced and modernized where needed.
They also realise that new immigrants hear, "Republicans hate you, Democrats love you" from the media and the Democrat politicians.

I have never seen ANYONE that hates illegal immigration more than a LEGAL immigrant!
True. They followed the rules. Now we have the politicians wishing to give them a pardon for breaking our laws.

the Mexicans i worked with,ones born here, made fun of Illegals all the time....one of the reasons you wont see too many saying anything publicly in support of "Legal" Immigration is because they are getting tired of it going from a legal issue to a racial one.....which it has....you see that right here in a lot of threads....

I work with a naturalized citizen who wants all illegals rounded up and shot. (My wife has said the same thing for years now.) I no longer disagree with him.

My Hispanic friends that are AMERICANS don't like illegals because it makes them look bad.

They don't like that they don't speak English in public and people assume my friends are like them.

It's like black males raping and pillaging in a city then people assume every black they see is a criminal....

They are terrified they will lose 1/2 of their base if they go for immigration reform.

Rock, meet hard place.

But they dug their own hole, so I don't feel sorry for them even in the slightest.

Republicans are in deep trouble on immigration. As usual, they think that by blocking legislation, the issue will go away

What happens if the Republicans lose more of the Hispanic vote? They were at 30% the last election. If their position with the Hispanic vote erodes further, they lose Florida as a swing state. This will doom any chance of a Republican being President

35% of Texas is Hispanic with 12% black. Add an influx of white liberals from other states and Texas is up for grabs in the next ten years

Lose Florida and Texas and the Republican Party becomes a minor party

Waa waa waa. At least if the GOP dies, it'll be with dignity. The Dems, however, will be busy with their lips planted on brown butts.

This current GOP is dying from shame. And they die alone.

But it will bounce back. They GOP will be a great party once again. After the Teanut Baggers and the racists are dead and gone. They will rise again.

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

a Mexican would be suspicious of a left winger too....but i bet you wouldn't be....

In the Deep South and other Red States, I suspect it's pretty easy to decide right from left.

These right wingers aren't really commenting on the post, just attacking me. Immigration reform would make immigration legal. Right wingers don't want immigration reform. They don't want them here at all.

Immigration IS legal, sneaking across the border isn't...you get that right? (rolling eyes)

Interesting that we are finally getting replies from the right

Leave the situation as it is. Hunt them down and deport them
Typical of Conservatives. You don't realize the game has changed until it is to late

Republucans got 30% of the Hispanic vote in the last election. Hispanics are very religious with strong family values. They are natural born conservatives. Yet Republicans only draw 30%

Lose more of the Hispanic vote and you lose Florida for good. Any more and you risk losing Texas. If you ever lose Texas, that is the end of your party.

But go ahead.....continue blocking any immigration reform. You only hurt yourself

My Hispanic friends that are AMERICANS don't like illegals because it makes them look bad.

They don't like that they don't speak English in public and people assume my friends are like them.

It's like black males raping and pillaging in a city then people assume every black they see is a criminal....

Thug Is the New N-World

Say what you will about Richard Sherman, the outspoken cornerback for the Seattle Seahawks, he’s right that the word “thug” has become an “accepted way of calling somebody the N-word.” You saw it, for instance, during the Trayvon Martin controversy, where defenders of the shooter, George Zimmerman, were quick to label Martin a “dangerous thug” for ordinary teenage behavior, like cursing or smoking marijuana.

The same is true of the right-wing fever swamps, where “thug” is the favored insult for Barack Obama. It comes quickly from the mouths of Rush Limbaugh—who is quick to call the president a “Chicago thug”—Michele Bachmann—who attacks anodyne political behavior as “thuggery”—and Karl Rove, who told Fox News that the president looks like “some kind of political thug” because of comments he made about the Supreme Court.

--------------------------

Many right wingers do see every black person as a "criminal" and "thug".

Last edited by a moderator:

Typical of Conservatives. You don't realize the game has changed until it is to late

Republucans got 30% of the Hispanic vote in the last election. Hispanics are very religious with strong family values. They are natural born conservatives. Yet Republicans only draw 30%

Lose more of the Hispanic vote and you lose Florida for good. Any more and you risk losing Texas. If you ever lose Texas, that is the end of your party.

But go ahead.....continue blocking any immigration reform. You only hurt yourself

Open the borders, allow ANYONE and EVERYONE who wants to come in come in.....very intelligent of you.

If conservative voters from Ireland, Scotland and England were invading New England via boats....I doubt liberals would be for open borders. They'd demand the USCG and USN sink those ships.

Open the borders, allow ANYONE and EVERYONE who wants to come in come in.....very intelligent of you.

What the fuck do I care?

What are you going to do about it Republicans? The clock is ticking and you are losing the Hispanic vote. What are you going to do to stop the bleeding?

The future of your party depends on it

White trash like you believe you will benefit from 15M-30M more Hispanics here in line for welfare, obamacare, education, jobs, etc. :cuckoo:

They'll come after you too "gringo."

What the fuck do I care?

What are you going to do about it Republicans? The clock is ticking and you are losing the Hispanic vote. What are you going to do to stop the bleeding?

The future of your party depends on it

Forum List

Back