Listen up GOP leadership: Why your base is terrified of immigration.

They are terrified they will lose 1/2 of their base if they go for immigration reform.

Rock, meet hard place.

But they dug their own hole, so I don't feel sorry for them even in the slightest.

Republicans are in deep trouble on immigration. As usual, they think that by blocking legislation, the issue will go away

What happens if the Republicans lose more of the Hispanic vote? They were at 30% the last election. If their position with the Hispanic vote erodes further, they lose Florida as a swing state. This will doom any chance of a Republican being President

35% of Texas is Hispanic with 12% black. Add an influx of white liberals from other states and Texas is up for grabs in the next ten years

Lose Florida and Texas and the Republican Party becomes a minor party

Waa waa waa. At least if the GOP dies, it'll be with dignity. The Dems, however, will be busy with their lips planted on brown butts.

The handwriting is on the wall

Demographics are making the GOP an irrelevant party. What are you going to do about it? Blame the media?

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

a Mexican would be suspicious of a left winger too....but i bet you wouldn't be....

They are terrified they will lose 1/2 of their base if they go for immigration reform.

Rock, meet hard place.

But they dug their own hole, so I don't feel sorry for them even in the slightest.

Republicans are in deep trouble on immigration. As usual, they think that by blocking legislation, the issue will go away

What happens if the Republicans lose more of the Hispanic vote? They were at 30% the last election. If their position with the Hispanic vote erodes further, they lose Florida as a swing state. This will doom any chance of a Republican being President

35% of Texas is Hispanic with 12% black. Add an influx of white liberals from other states and Texas is up for grabs in the next ten years

Waa waa waa. At least if the GOP dies, it'll be with dignity. The Dems, however, will be busy with their lips planted on brown butts.
Dignity in offending most of the population?

Dignity in offending most of the population?

what would of any of you know about, dignity
you people will use anyone for your hateful agenda
take this thread as an example

The irony is that shitstains like rdean aka the poor on welfare will be the first ones to suffer when Hispanic illegals jump in the welfare line for limited funds....

I thought it was awfully odd that Republicans would give Mitt Romney a free pass on wanting to cut education and bring in immigrants with degrees. Turns out I was right. The GOP base was voting anti Obama even though Romney's policies would hurt them more than anyone.

So why is that?

We all know how USMB Republicans have gone on about how business has been moving from Blue States to Red States. We know that those with a technical education soon followed. No where did the Republican leadership promise to help their base get those types of jobs. Just some vague "we support educational choice". We know there simply isn't enough highly trained people to fill all the technical jobs available in both Blue States and Red States.

We know the Republican base's position on education. You could never get Democrats or Independents to sit in a room and hear their leadership mock education and they then cheer. That will never happen.

The GOP base has finally put two and two together. Business wants the tax breaks, the give a ways, the relaxed rules on environmental and safety standards that are available in Red States. But they also need skilled workers. And the cheapest way is the import ones that are already qualified.

And when you import workers with degrees, everyone else soon follows. If I was an engineer from Mexico, I would be very suspicious of hiring a right winger to build my house.

Clearly, the GOP base feels with an influx of educated immigrants, they would be further marginalized.

We're afraid of immigration? How is that possible? Hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants cross our borders legally. Not a peep. Why are you leftists afraid to enforce the law on those who don't? Hmm? "Anti-immigrant" is a misnomer. That would imply we were rank xenophobes. We are pro immigrant, anti illegal entry.

Last edited:
No one is afraid of legal immigration.

The immigration system is FUBAR'D and has been for far too long. It's a dog's breakfast for true and does need a complete overhaul. I don't believe any conservative disagrees with the need to find a permanent remedy and swiftly.

You see when Obama was elected, EVERYTHING was all of a sudden a crisis and only he and his party could fix them?

We already have immigration laws, but they use this as cover because they want to FOOL you again into granting, Amnesty...they are just chicken shits to come out with the truth...and then we get people like the op who cares more about an agenda then you legal citizens in this country...

Fall for it at your own peril

So why is that?

We're afraid of immigration? How is that possible? Hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants cross our borders legally. Not a peep. Why are you leftists afraid to enforce the law on those who don't? Hmm? "Anti-immigrant" is a misnomer. That would imply we were rank xenophobes. We are pro immigrant, anti illegal entry.
Not to mention the FEAR of politicians enforcing existing LAW...can't have that...WE have to have a new one.

I think it's safe to say that conservatives aren't afraid of illegal immigration either.

Just freaking pissed off as all get out that the moronic whack job left promotes the breaking of US laws.

I think it's safe to say that conservatives aren't afraid of illegal immigration either.

Just freaking pissed off as all get out that the moronic whack job left promotes the breaking of US laws.

The Constitution and LAW are to be ignored when Political ideology is considered in their minds. Obama and Holder are prime examples of it and should have been removed from office years ago.

The irony is that shitstains like rdean aka the poor on welfare will be the first ones to suffer when Hispanic illegals jump in the welfare line for limited funds....
I wonder if he'll whine then that a non-citizen got ahead of him because the leaders he applauds favor the new victim class over him?

I think he's already sucking off taxpayers so he doesn't care about anyone else
He what is called a useful tool for a party and one sick human being who sits around and thinks ups threads such as this one

So why is that?

Very interesting...

So what is the plan of Republicans? The future of your party depends on it

So why is that?

Very interesting...

So what is the plan of Republicans? The future of your party depends on it
There already IS a plan...DOLT. It's called EXISTING LAW that Obama IGNORES.

But that is just OK with you, isn't it?

Forum List

Back