Lions, tigers and babies....oh my? Which do you value more? State your political leanings please.

Which means more to you?

• 1) the death of Cecil the lion

• 2) the death of the babies at planned parenthood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, the Lion has no soul.

But, the Babies are in heaven... but, they had a right to live.....

Humans will always take precedence over animals.
nothing or more annoying that $ being spent on animals.
You're wrong, we are but a type of animal.. all animals have a soul. Man's claim to be the only animal with a soul is just hubris.

Really? why do you think all animals have a soul?
And that which you do to the least of my creations, you do unto me...

You're wrong, we are but a type of animal.. all animals have a soul. Man's claim to be the only animal with a soul is just hubris.

You don't even believe... pfft....

I don't believe that Jesus and God are two, two, two Gods in juan...and if I did, doesn't mean I can get laid easier...

I don't believe that Jesus and God are two, two, two Gods in juan...and if I did, doesn't mean I can get laid easier...

Actually it's 3. God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. 3 persons of the 1 God.
If your main concern is getting laid, you are not even committee to 1 God! (unless it's the God of Darkness!)

I am totally against any sort of trophy hunting. I have no issue hunting for meat. I don't feel sorry for the dentist exactly but he is getting rather unfairly attacked - the blame belongs as much if not more to the guides responsible for luring the lion out of the park.

Other than that - I feel more sorry for the lion's death as I do for the blastocyst flushed out of a woman's body during a chemical abortion. It's hard to feel sorry for something that has no awareness, feels no pain, and only exists. The lion is aware of what is happening, is thinking and sentient, and feels the pain and comprehends fear. It was a trusting soul.

Politically I'm a liberal.

So god has talked to you and told you, personally, that there are no animals in heaven?

Did I say that? No.
It's what a glean from what I read in scripture.
I'm not trying to take about your "dream" - I'm just trying to speak truth to you - and maybe God can reveal to you that your priority should be with HIM! not things of this Earth.
And I quoted the scripture from Ecclesiastes. Perhaps you can explain how that part of the bible was wrong.

I apologize that I missed the scripture from Ecclesiastes you quoted, and can you tell me the post # or restate? I can't seem to find it....
Np..
Here I'll put down the whole chapter and verse from Ecclesiastes 3:
Ecclesiastes 3 ESV - A Time for Everything - For everything - Bible Gateway

A Time for Everything
3 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
The God-Given Task
9 What gain has the worker from his toil? 10 I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. 12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; 13 also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.

14 I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him. 15 That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away.[a]

From Dust to Dust
16 Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness. 17 I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work. 18 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. 19 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth? 22 So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?

Yes there are some similarities and differences. As the writer of Ecclesiastes reveals, in both humans and animals, death is certain; their bodies die and return to dust.
However, the writer also says they are different, saying of mankind, "And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it" (Eccl 12:&7). Animals do not have immortal souls (Eccl 3:21), which will be judged (Eccl. 11:9). The Bible does not mention a hell for animals. Scripture does not say of animals to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8). Nor does it speak of their resurrection (John 5: 2-29 and Rev. 20: 4-6) or new bodies. So, there are some substantial differences between humans and animals.
LOL! In the other thread you were lying about what Catholics do and here you are actually lying about what it says in the bible. I think a dog is going to get into heaven much quicker than you. Dogs don't lie.

Why?

Did I say that? No.
It's what a glean from what I read in scripture.
I'm not trying to take about your "dream" - I'm just trying to speak truth to you - and maybe God can reveal to you that your priority should be with HIM! not things of this Earth.
And I quoted the scripture from Ecclesiastes. Perhaps you can explain how that part of the bible was wrong.

I apologize that I missed the scripture from Ecclesiastes you quoted, and can you tell me the post # or restate? I can't seem to find it....
Np..

A Time for Everything

The God-Given Task
9 What gain has the worker from his toil? 10 I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. 12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; 13 also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.

14 I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him. 15 That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away.[a]

From Dust to Dust
16 Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness. 17 I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work. 18 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. 19 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth? 22 So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?

Yes there are some similarities and differences. As the writer of Ecclesiastes reveals, in both humans and animals, death is certain; their bodies die and return to dust.
However, the writer also says they are different, saying of mankind, "And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it" (Eccl 12:&7). Animals do not have immortal souls (Eccl 3:21), which will be judged (Eccl. 11:9). The Bible does not mention a hell for animals. Scripture does not say of animals to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8). Nor does it speak of their resurrection (John 5: 2-29 and Rev. 20: 4-6) or new bodies. So, there are some substantial differences between humans and animals.
LOL! In the other thread you were lying about what Catholics do and here you are actually lying about what it says in the bible. I think a dog is going to get into heaven much quicker than you. Dogs don't lie.

It's all truth! :)

But I guess if you keep typing "lies" you think you'll believe it (or maybe others...)

Ravi - I'm starting to love you too :)

Np..

A Time for Everything

The God-Given Task

From Dust to Dust

But I guess if you keep typing "lies" you think you'll believe it (or maybe others...)

I'm not the only one that sees your lies.

Because I've had extremely intelligent pets that have expressed their feelings on numerous occasions. They show love, happiness, sadness... They even show superior intelligence, as compared to some humans.

God does not discuss the salvation of any living thing other than humans in the Bible.

Maybe because they don't sin therefore they don't need saving. They are already in grace.

Np..

A Time for Everything

The God-Given Task

From Dust to Dust

well unfortunately for you (or others) they are NOT lies.. but one day, you'll know the Truth.
Hopefully before you die.......

Np..

A Time for Everything

The God-Given Task

From Dust to Dust

well unfortunately for you (or others) they are NOT lies.. but one day, you'll know the Truth.
Here's your latest lie:

"Animals do not have immortal souls (Eccl 3:21)"

The bible and particularly that verse says nothing of the sort.

Because I've had extremely intelligent pets that have expressed their feelings on numerous occasions. They show love, happiness, sadness... They even show superior intelligence, as compared to some humans.

God does not discuss the salvation of any living thing other than humans in the Bible.

Maybe because they don't sin therefore they don't need saving. They are already in grace.

It's not addressed in the Bible, so....

Here's your latest lie:

I'm guessing she was led astray there... Her text was probably a cut and paste from some web site.

Here's your latest lie:

Not a lie. A scriptural interpretation.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward?.... There is indeed a difference between a man and a beast; though they have one breath, they have not one spirit or soul; man has a rational and immortal soul, which, when he dies, goes upwards to God that gave it; to be judged by him, and disposed of by him, in its proper apartment, until the day of the resurrection of the body;
and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? when the beast dies, its spirit goes down to the earth, from whence it came, and is resolved into it, and is no more

Here's your latest lie:

I'm guessing she was led astray there... Her text was probably a cut and paste from some web site.

I do use cut and paste from time to time... would it be more credible if it was from me directly? :)

Why?

Because PEOPLE are more important!

So that means one shouldn't help animals?

Priority should be on humans. We are in dire straits
Do you value other animals OVER humans?
Would you like it if someone valued and animal over you?

Forum List

Back