Lindsey Graham promises 'full scale' probe into Democrats' handling of Ford-Kavanaugh allegation

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
Be careful what you ask for my progressive friends, this thing promises to get uglier before the emotions ratchet down...

Lindsey Graham promises 'full scale' probe into Democrats' handling of Ford-Kavanaugh allegation

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."

"The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.

QUESTION
I have a question that begs to be answered - ford says in her letter ‘Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell, at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.”
This would mean that after just being “sexually assaulted” she left her other female friend at the house without warning her about what had supposedly just happened to her. She would’ve just left her to fend for herself. Is this plausible? What would this say about ford & her care about another female - her intimate friend, Leland Ingham?
SECOND QUESTION
If ford was so scared that she left the house without warning leland about what allegedly just had happened to her- then when they (ford & leland) next met or talked on the phone - which could’ve even been the next day - why was leland not at least then told about this purported foiled savaging of her? For ford not to have talked to leland about such a fearful experience surpasses any level of credibility.
I find it impossible to believe that ford

That would be fine with me; I'm dying to know who leaked that letter. I do really wish, though, that the Senate would get off this investigate the investigators kick. It seems they call for investigations at least once a week these days. Can someone please remind them that they are there to create and vote on laws, not go running around like Keystone Cops trying to bust each other?

That would be fine with me; I'm dying to know who leaked that letter. I do really wish, though, that the Senate would get off this investigate the investigators kick. It seems they call for investigations at least once a week these days. Can someone please remind them that they are there to create and vote on laws, not go running around like Keystone Cops trying to bust each other?
The Constitution also charges the Senate to confirm or deny appointments to the federal courts, so some sort of investigation is proper.

Be careful what you ask for my progressive friends, this thing promises to get uglier before the emotions ratchet down...

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."

"The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.
Good. I agree....one thing we were missing WAS an investigation into this whole thing.

He wants the AG job.

Good. I agree....one thing we were missing WAS an investigation into this whole thing.
Since the Democrats withholding Ford's charges during 45 days of hearings suggests they didn't believe her, so is bringing this claim they didn't believe forward now evidence of subornation of perjury?

Who leaked?

Most likely, someone in her lawyer's office

2nd most likely, a staffer in DiFi's office

Agree that these investigations are getting stupid, nothing ever becomes of them and they look like political posturing

He wants the AG job.
Works for me

He wants the AG job.
Good idea.

It's my understanding that a letter requesting an investigation has already been delivered to the Ethics Committee chair..

He wants the AG job.
I hope Graham gets the AG's job then we can see how he reacts when Trump calls him an idiot and moron which I expect will be less than 24 hours after his confirmation.

I hope he adds DiFi's Chinese Spy driver for 20 years to the list.

Since the Democrats withholding Ford's charges during 45 days of hearings suggests they didn't believe her, so is bringing this claim they didn't believe forward now evidence of subornation of perjury?
In a word YES!

IF they can prove they did not believe her and then used it as a weapon they are guilty of this crime..

If Kav is confirmed, this will all be forgotten.

If he isn't, we'll find out exactly how this scheme took place and if it involved the Red Chinese spy ring on Feinstein's staff.

Forum List

Back