Lindsey Graham just threatened Mitch McConnell over Donald Trump

outh Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham sent GOP Leader Mitch McConnell a very clear message Wednesday night: Get on board with Donald Trump or get out.

Asked by Fox's Sean Hannity about the "swampiness" of the Kentucky senator, Graham answered this way:

"Elections are about the future. If you want to be a Republican leader in the House or the Senate, you have to have a working relationship with Donald Trump. Can Senator McConnell effectively work with the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump? He is the most consequential Republican since Ronald Reagan. It's his nomination if he wants it. ... Can Senator McConnell effectively work with the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump? ...

"I am not going to vote for anybody for leader of the Senate as a Republican unless they can prove to me that they can advocate an 'America First' agenda and have a working relationship with Donald Trump because if you can't do that you will fail."

Which reads like a threat, no? Graham is saying that McConnell needs to fix the relationship with Trump -- or else. Graham's... er... advice, comes just days after Trump called McConnell a "loser" in an interview with NPR and amid a growing trend among Republican Senate candidates who say they will not support McConnell for leader if they win their races.

There's no question that the on-again, off-again relationship between Trump and McConnell is currently in the off-again stage. Trump, unhappy with what he believes are McConnell's capitulations to the White House and Democrats in the Senate majority on things like raising the debt limit and President Joe Biden's infrastructure package, has taken to attacking McConnell publicly while privately working to find someone to challenge the GOP leader for primacy within the Senate. (Trump is also now referring to McConnell as "Old Crow" or, alternately "old broken-down Crow." And, no, I have no idea why Trump capitalizes "Crow.")

I don't know who is worse Groveling Ted Cruz or Fish Outta The Water Lindsey Graham.

Mitch McConnell is a clown as well.

The Republican Party is a joke.
Lindsey’s got his eye on the job.

Your nation was hardly "conceived in liberty" when it was built on slavery. How does that work ?
Your nation was hardly "conceived in liberty" when it was built on slavery. How does that work ?
Hidden agendas. The North ceded ending slavery for decades because they (as well as the southern colonies) well knew how many men it would take to defeat the British Soldiers up North. All for one and one for all was practiced until after the British left. Then there was a lot of respect for those who lost life, limb, spouse, or properties, or all of the above, so the slavery issue went unresolved until the formation of the Republican Party that got President Lincoln elected. It's all history, Tommy. The War Between the States went to the Union in the North, but the South got even when a wealthy superstar of the day, John Wilkes Booth, assassinated President Lincoln shortly after the war ended. They made Union General Ulysses Grant the President and withheld the vote from all soldiers in the South. They enacted legislation with almost no participation by Southern States to enact the Emancipation Proclamation and several other Amendments to the Constitution that forbad slavery, declared equality for all races through constitutional amendments, etc.

I see in my community a lot of brotherlly love in the black community, and in members at my church. I do not participate in any group that speaks down to our black brothers and sisters. Prayers for all is in my vespers at night, morning, and noon. I do not discriminate between races, geniuses nor those who are mentally challenged. God loves them all, and so do I because I believe God is right.

Last edited:
Agreed, and Lindsay Graham knows it. He's the most effective politician in the Senate at this point, IMO.
I saw Lindsay Graham on tv this afternoon. I think he has his ear to the gorund in thinking that the House will change hands in 2022 and Trump will be the Republican nominee in 2024. Yeah, it's gonna be a battle if he's still excited about benefitting Americans, but the election could bear many weirdful angles, if calumny is not outlawed; but this time, the votes are going to be accounted for in a way that authenticates accuracy, not stepped on and swish-squashed like a cigarette butt, thank ya vera much. I was thinking the same word about Senator Graham as you this afternoon when I watched him speak on tv, and "effective" is the word that was very clearly in his speaking. I liked that.

a threat? i don’t think so, he’s pretty clear he won’t vote for him or anyone to be majority leader if he can’t work with Trump (if of course trump wins again)

seems pretty clear and makes sense
It is real clear, but it damn sure doesn't make sense. Flip Flop Graham is back at it again.

Hidden agendas. The North ceded ending slavery for decades because they (as well as the southern colonies) well knew how many men it would take to defeat the British Soldiers up North. All for one and one for all was practiced until after the British left. Then there was a lot of respect for those who lost life, limb, spouse, or properties, or all of the above, so the slavery issue went unresolved until the formation of the Republican Party that got President Lincoln elected. It's all history, Tommy. The War Between the States went to the Union in the North, but the South got even when a wealthy superstar of the day, John Wilkes Booth, assassinated President Lincoln shortly after the war ended. They made Union General Ulysses Grant the President and withheld the vote from all soldiers in the South. They enacted legislation with almost no participation by Southern States to enact the Emancipation Proclamation and several other Amendments to the Constitution that forbad slavery, declared equality for all races through constitutional amendments, etc.

I see in my community a lot of brotherlly love in the black community, and in members at my church. I do not participate in any group that speaks down to our black brothers and sisters. Prayers for all is in my vespers at night, morning, and noon. I do not discriminate between races, geniuses nor those who are mentally challenged. God loves them all, and so do I because I believe God is right.
How can you peddle such crap. Ameria was built on the back of slavery so it cannot have been founded on any sort of liberty.

Nobody is blaming you personally so you need not be so defensive. When you won your independence that was a great thing and you could have celebrated by freeing all the captives. But you didnt. In fact you fought a war a century later and half a million Americans died in order to retain slavery.

Where is liberty there ?

Fast forward to today and Black people feel compelled to hold street parties when people get found guilty for the most straightforward of crimes. Basically because they have been treated as second class citizens for their whole history of living in the US. That is quite damning.

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter has launched an attack on Donald Trump, calling the former president a "liar and con man" after he criticized politicians who refuse to say whether they've received a COVID-19 booster shot—an apparent swipe at Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Trump made the comments during an interview on the One America News Network, condemning "gutless" public figures who won't confirm or deny if they have had the third dose of the vaccine.

He said: "I've had the booster. Many politicians—I watched a couple of politicians be interviewed and one of the questions was, 'Did you get the booster?' because they had the vaccine, and they're answering like … In other words, the answer is 'yes' but they don't want to say it because they're gutless."

Now little Annie is turning on Trump, what the hell is going on in GOP Land.

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter has launched an attack on Donald Trump, calling the former president a "liar and con man" after he criticized politicians who refuse to say whether they've received a COVID-19 booster shot—an apparent swipe at Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Trump made the comments during an interview on the One America News Network, condemning "gutless" public figures who won't confirm or deny if they have had the third dose of the vaccine.

He said: "I've had the booster. Many politicians—I watched a couple of politicians be interviewed and one of the questions was, 'Did you get the booster?' because they had the vaccine, and they're answering like … In other words, the answer is 'yes' but they don't want to say it because they're gutless."

Now little Annie is turning on Trump, what the hell is going on in GOP Land.
Ann Coulter is an Open Borders, cheap slave labor neo-Con and has been anti-Trump since he threw his hat in the ring.

Ann Coulter is an Open Borders, cheap slave labor neo-Con and has been anti-Trump since he threw his hat in the ring.
Coulter, who was once a staunch supporter of Trump but turned on him for his failure to act on his promise to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, mocked him for the booster remarks on Twitter on Wednesday.

Coulter, who published the fawning book In Trump We Trust, E Pluribus Awesome! in 2016

Coulter, who was once a staunch supporter of Trump but turned on him for his failure to act on his promise to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, mocked him for the booster remarks on Twitter on Wednesday.

Coulter, who published the fawning book In Trump We Trust, E Pluribus Awesome! in 2016
Coulter became a "staunch supporter" of Trump after he ripped her to shreds.
It's fascinating how LibBots always jump on board with information 6 years after something happened and you guys get it wrong all the time.

outh Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham sent GOP Leader Mitch McConnell a very clear message Wednesday night: Get on board with Donald Trump or get out.

Asked by Fox's Sean Hannity about the "swampiness" of the Kentucky senator, Graham answered this way:

"Elections are about the future. If you want to be a Republican leader in the House or the Senate, you have to have a working relationship with Donald Trump. Can Senator McConnell effectively work with the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump? He is the most consequential Republican since Ronald Reagan. It's his nomination if he wants it. ... Can Senator McConnell effectively work with the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump? ...

"I am not going to vote for anybody for leader of the Senate as a Republican unless they can prove to me that they can advocate an 'America First' agenda and have a working relationship with Donald Trump because if you can't do that you will fail."

Which reads like a threat, no? Graham is saying that McConnell needs to fix the relationship with Trump -- or else. Graham's... er... advice, comes just days after Trump called McConnell a "loser" in an interview with NPR and amid a growing trend among Republican Senate candidates who say they will not support McConnell for leader if they win their races.

There's no question that the on-again, off-again relationship between Trump and McConnell is currently in the off-again stage. Trump, unhappy with what he believes are McConnell's capitulations to the White House and Democrats in the Senate majority on things like raising the debt limit and President Joe Biden's infrastructure package, has taken to attacking McConnell publicly while privately working to find someone to challenge the GOP leader for primacy within the Senate. (Trump is also now referring to McConnell as "Old Crow" or, alternately "old broken-down Crow." And, no, I have no idea why Trump capitalizes "Crow.")

I don't know who is worse Groveling Ted Cruz or Fish Outta The Water Lindsey Graham.

Mitch McConnell is a clown as well.

The Republican Party is a joke.
When does Lindsey not talk out of both sides of his mouth?

It is real clear, but it damn sure doesn't make sense. Flip Flop Graham is back at it again.
what’s the flip flop? when did he suggest he would vote for. majority leader thst didn’t get a long with the president from his party?

And your nation is soaked in so much bloodshed, rape and pillage it probably seeps all the way to the sea floor there, Welshman.

Say, what percentage of your bloodstream is Norse? Shall we talk about those lovely people?

I predict crickets

All Career politicians need to be fired............ALL OF THEM.........And power needs to be restored to the States..........And end the power of the Federal Gov't...

Both of those bitching and moaning are globalist and members of the club.

Coulter became a "staunch supporter" of Trump after he ripped her to shreds.
It's fascinating how LibBots always jump on board with information 6 years after something happened and you guys get it wrong all the time.
At first she wasn't a supporter, hell she even wrote a book praising the clown and now she only became a supporter after he ripped her to shreds. Whenever that was, make up your mind Incompetent.

Forum List

Back