Lilith or Eve? Female equality or not?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8EC3BUgTZE]Alice Cooper - [Vincent Price intro] + The Black Widow (Live, Helsinki, July 8th, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]

You know what I think I love the

most about her is her inborn need to dominate,

possess. In fact, immediately after the consummation

of her marriage to the smaller and weaker male of the

species she kills and eats him - *laugh* oh, she is

delicious.. and I hope he was! Such power and dignity

- unhampered by sentiment. If I may put forward a

slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled

this world as a stumbling demented child-king long

enough!
VINCENT PRICE MONOLOGUE lyrics - Alice Cooper | All The Lyrics

heh

Even this study fails to mention the fact that, in prehistory, there were gods AND goddesses. Women WERE powerful before monolithic religion, and represented IN the divine.

Even this study fails to mention the fact that, in prehistory, there were gods AND goddesses. Women WERE powerful before monolithic religion, and represented IN the divine.

"Christianity blamming Eve for the fall"?
Are you saying Jews didn't believe in the story right there in Genesis about the Tree of Knowledge and Eve giving the fruit to Adam?

Nice bit of nonesense you got going there.

As for Lilith, it could be possible the story of her was omitted from Genesis. But its not as if Christians edited out the story Lilith, if it was it was done by Moses.

Thanks for showing how little you know of your own religion.

Not only are the Jews not foolish enough to read scriptures literally but Christianity reversed their interpretation of their own book.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrlWOhtj3g]Lewis Black - The Old Testament - YouTube[/ame]

2. Orthodox Judaism: The Garden of Eden

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

Do try to get out more.

Regards
DL

Thanks for showing us your lack of reading comprehension. I never said or implied that Jews or all Chrisitians interpret Genesis literally. The fact of the matter is the Jewish Book of Genesis has the story of Adam and Eve, and there is absolutely no mention of Lilith.

Lilith is nothing more than folk lore tales, dating back to Sumerian times. Since her story cannot be verified it is not considered dogma.

Posting a you tube video of a comedian doesn't change that fact.
Also, I don't think a Japanese-American LA Times liberal hack speaks for the Jewish people. If a few so called "Jewish scholars" don't believe in their religion, thats their own affair, it doesn't invalidate the written biblical texts.

So, there's "verification" of a virgin birth, eh? It's ALL folklore, it's ALL primitive. It is though, a decent history of the beliefs of the times. That your particular beliefs survived all these years, flies in the face of scientific discovery, and still attempts (and is so very, very successful at) to order society around is a testament to the power of the control fairy tales, superstition, and religious "dogma" has over people. It is also a testament to the will of the men who came up with their versions, the will to POWER, and the determination of that half of the human race to RETAIN that power.

Yes. From the dawn of man to when man killing weapons were first forged.
Before weapons of war, woman ruled and peace was widespread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1bEmq_pf0]The World of the Goddess - Marija Gimbutas - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1bEmq_pf0]The World of the Goddess - Marija Gimbutas - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

That's a myth too, you know. Women weren't always peaceful; they could be every bit as bloodthirsty and harmful as men.

I don't like the whole "women were pure sweetness and light" myth any more than I like the men as the wise and just bullshit given to us through monolithic religions.

Paraphrasing my favorite comic, bullshit is bad for you.

History, and human nature, is more complicated than that. Both should be treated with more respect than it is.

History started with Adam and Eve. Man and woman are equal, it is wrong to use the Bible to support the misconception that women are inferior, they are not.

Regards
DL

That's a myth too, you know. Women weren't always peaceful; they could be every bit as bloodthirsty and harmful as men.

I don't like the whole "women were pure sweetness and light" myth any more than I like the men as the wise and just bullshit given to us through monolithic religions.

Paraphrasing my favorite comic, bullshit is bad for you.

History, and human nature, is more complicated than that. Both should be treated with more respect than it is.

+ 1

Regards
DL

History started with Adam and Eve.

:cuckoo:

Man and woman are equal,

:clap2:

it is wrong to use the Bible to support the misconception that women are inferior, they are not.

But unfortunately it has by those in religion and especially by Christians and others of the Abrahamic cults.

Regards
DL

I am a man but I still feel women should be treated equally to myself.

It is this and a bunch of other things that makes organized religion the devil. LOL

I can't stand rituals and people who are bond and determined to do things simple because it has always be done that way with out giving it another thought,
even if I agree with some thing I will still reflect on it and think about it and come to a conclusion based on how I feel god wants me to do.
N inequality of any kind is defiantly not what God ever wanted.

I am a super duper amazingly far left person, Obama seems right wing to me. LOL

History started with Adam and Eve. Man and woman are equal, it is wrong to use the Bible to support the misconception that women are inferior, they are not.

LOL. History started with the big bang. And we created God in our image. By now, I think anyone with intelligence would seek a higher Diety, if they feel the need for a Diety.

I am a man but I still feel women should be treated equally to myself.

It is this and a bunch of other things that makes organized religion the devil. LOL

I can't stand rituals and people who are bond and determined to do things simple because it has always be done that way with out giving it another thought,
even if I agree with some thing I will still reflect on it and think about it and come to a conclusion based on how I feel god wants me to do.
N inequality of any kind is defiantly not what God ever wanted.

I am a super duper amazingly far left person, Obama seems right wing to me. LOL

A reasonable position as all should want to progress but I would just point out that a bird does not fly well without two wings.

I too am progressive and left leaning but need to be conservative enough to some preservation of what should be preserved. Some right wing values are worthy but in no way should those values be dictated by religion.

Regards
DL

LOL. History started with the big bang. And we created God in our image. By now, I think anyone with intelligence would seek a higher Diety, if they feel the need for a Diety.

Are you suggesting that the Christian God and the religion he represents, that of being based on human sacrifice is wrong!!!

I hope so and agree.

Any religion based on human sacrifice is immoral.

Regards
DL

Adam and Eve are not equal!

Eve was taken from a rib bone of adam, making Eve Adam's daughter/sister by genetics.

You know, after thinking about that, I don't think I want to argue this point anymore!:eusa_sick:

Eve was taken from a rib bone of adam, making Eve Adam's daughter/sister by genetics.

You know, after thinking about that, I don't think I want to argue this point anymore!:eusa_sick:

I don't blame you.
If you believe the rib thing then you would also have to believe in talking snakes and a God who would murder his own new humans by locking away the tree of life.

Too much for any sane person.

Regards
DL

The big bang theory is satan talking to mankind who is stupid enough to listen. Big bang theory is just that, a theory, and a lie.

I don't blame you.
If you believe the rib thing then you would also have to believe in talking snakes and a God who would murder his own new humans by locking away the tree of life.

Regards
DL
Sane people see the reality in what God did. It was mans fault we are in the state we are in, not Gods.

I don't blame you.

Regards
DL
Sane people see the reality in what God did.

I agree.
Sane people would see that it was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

It was mans fault we are in the state we are in, not Gods.

The old free will gambit eh?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Regards
DL

Sane people see the reality in what God did.

I agree.
Sane people would see that it was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

It was mans fault we are in the state we are in, not Gods.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Regards
DL
You and people like you that fall for satans lies are at fault for all the ill in this world. Grow up.

[

Regards
DL
You and people like you that fall for satans lies are at fault for all the ill in this world. Grow up.[/QUOTE]

Those who cannot refute turn to insult.
Typical Christian way.
Hurts to actually think does it not?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back