Life, mountians, and geology

I'm willing to be real money that a 40,000 mile long series of undersea volcanic rift continuously pushing up magma and spreading tectonic plates had a lot more to do with that.

12VOLCANOJP2-articleLarge.jpg

Are you suggesting microorganisms create volcanoes?
You know, it is so useless speaking to people who don't even see what was said, or what the evidence was for the hypothesis. Which started first, subduction or ocean rifts? This is an interesting hypothesis, not a theory. Are you ever going to grow up enough to comprehend how science is done?

I'm willing to be real money that a 40,000 mile long series of undersea volcanic rift continuously pushing up magma and spreading tectonic plates had a lot more to do with that.

View attachment 573062
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!!.......WE HAVE A WINNER! :hyper:

You know, it is so useless speaking to people who don't even see what was said, or what the evidence was for the hypothesis. Which started first, subduction or ocean rifts? This is an interesting hypothesis, not a theory. Are you ever going to grow up enough to comprehend how science is done?
Neither. Starts with the heat of the core, and unequal densities of the earth's inhomogeneous crust, permitting cracks through which magma forces its way to the top.

Are you ever going to grow up enough to comprehend how science is done?

Apparently, the scientific method has changed since I was first introduced to it.

In the new version, appeals to emotion, insults, and bald-faced anger have replaced observation and experiment as a way to advance a hypothesis.

Apparently, the scientific method has changed since I was first introduced to it.
No, apparently you were introduced to the wrong methods. At one point was it part of the scientific method to register a strong opinion on a topic while knowing fuck all about it.

OK
But those may not be the only factors. Watch the video.
. I give it a maybe, but will wait for more research published in agreement, before jumping onboard. The theory definitely didn't come up when I was researching and writing on plate tectonics, back in the early 1980s, but like I told somebody else, I only go a lousy "B" on that exhaustive BS and have been pissed off about it for about 40 years. I don't change at the drop of a hat, much.

One thing that has to be understood about Anton Petrov and his channel. Primarily he is involved in space science, and is mostly dedicated to reading research papers then breaking down what they say into layman's language.

He generally does not say that is the cause, he is simply reporting what the paper says. And he has even reported some that are obvious "junk science", simply reporting what the research paper says. I have actually been following him for years, and recognize that even he himself says in a case like this it is not the cause, he is simply reporting on a research paper.

But myself, I largely discount it for other reasons. Primarily, because the composition of Earth is very unique in the Solar System. The reason we have plates is largely because of our formation, disaster and reformation. The accepted theory is that "Earth Mark I" collided with Thea, giving us a super-sized core. A core which is still highly active, long after the cores of the other rocky planets have gone cold. Where their crust locked in place once the mantle cooled, and never developed plates.

Where as Earth still has a very hot core, with an active magnetic field. And will likely retain such for longer than the sun will exist.

But what started first, we do understand a lot of that from the oldest rocks. When the crust was still thin and "bendable", and rather than being subducted simply folded. The "rifts" being hot spots, that as the crust gradually cooled it hardened enough to morph into the rifting and subduction we see today.

But you have to take what he says with a grain of salt, and analyze it yourself. He also did a report on the "gravity battery" recently, and it had massive downvotes until TY removed that feature.

Of course this has been busted multiple times by actual engineers, and the claims of it being "85% efficient" are impossible. But he was just discussing it, not saying it would actually work as promised.

OK

. I give it a maybe, but will wait for more research published in agreement, before jumping onboard. The theory definitely didn't come up when I was researching and writing on plate tectonics, back in the early 1980s, but like I told somebody else, I only go a lousy "B" on that exhaustive BS and have been pissed off about it for about 40 years. I don't change at the drop of a hat, much.
Apparently you didn't learn enough. This was not presented as a theory, it was presented an an hypothesis. You used theory in the same way as a layman, not the way it is used in science.

Apparently you didn't learn enough. This was not presented as a theory, it was presented an an hypothesis. You used theory in the same way as a layman, not the way it is used in science.
Oh Excuse ME!!! "The theory hypothesis definitely didn't come up when I was researching and writing on plate tectonics, back in the early 1980s,"
There, now. All better. I still don't jump on new hypotheses at the drop of a hat. Still kind of partial to cracks in the inhomogeneous nature of the earths crust due to the irregular nature stemming primarily form multiple impact and variations during outer crust cooling, with these weakened boundary line areas being force apart, driven by the constant heat of the superheated core, still being heated by radioactive decay of isotopes at the core, driving the magma out the seams, spreading thinner sea crust to spread, impact and in most cases dive beneath the thicker, cooler more stable continental crust, lifting folding and raising layer after layer forcing mountain building process, unrelated to marine life, though buried in it many cases.
But, hey. Maybe that's why I became a business major, rather than and geophysics major.

New Topics

Forum List

Back