Libs to Collins, vote no on Kavanaugh , or else

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
It seems the liberals have stooped to a new low. They are threatening to give Collin's opponent over 800,000 in campaign contributions if she gives a thumbs up to Kavanaugh. If she votes no they won't give the money to her opponent .

In mid-August, liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to raise $500,000 for Collins’s Democratic challenger in 2020 — a sum that it pledged to return to donors if the incumbent Republican votes “no” on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.
Liberal Group Crowdfunds $875,000 for Susan Collins’s Next Challenger

?

People throw their money at this candidate or that one all the time. And often because of how they voted while they were in there?

So what?

I think Collins wants to be governor anyway.

It seems the liberals have stooped to a new low. They are threatening to give Collin's opponent over 800,000 in campaign contributions if she gives a thumbs up to Kavanaugh. If she votes no they won't give the money to her opponent .

In mid-August, liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to raise $500,000 for Collins’s Democratic challenger in 2020 — a sum that it pledged to return to donors if the incumbent Republican votes “no” on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.
And this differs from normal politics...how?

Usually, they throw money at a given candidate regardless because of political affiliation.
Not this way.

if she votes for him, then she is out in 2020. Ha Ha.

?

People throw their money at this candidate or that one all the time. And often because of how they voted while they were in there?

So what?

They will donate the money or pull the money from donating depending on her vote. Strange days indeed coming from the left.

Maybe

Is she?

?

So what?

They will donate the money or pull the money from donating depending on her vote. Strange days indeed coming from the left.

and how is that different from anybody else supporting a candidate or their opponent?

?

So what?

and how is that different from anybody else supporting a candidate or their opponent?
I'm not sure I can make it any simpler, for you. So, I will pass.

Vote buying is illegal. Granted this is a reverse method, but the intent is the same.

?

So what?

They will donate the money or pull the money from donating depending on her vote.
And this is different from normal politics...how?

Are you really stupid enough to believe this isn't the norm in politics on both sides?

The WHOLE POINT of political donations is to SUPPORT candidates with LOTS AND LOTS OF CASH who are on your side. To GIVE MONEY to people who will DEFEAT your opponents.

?

So what?

I'm not sure I can make it any simpler, for you. So, I will pass.

Translation - you have no answer.

Senator Collins won't consider that. She's going to win, anyway.

Are you really stupid enough to believe this isn't the norm in politics on both sides?

The WHOLE POINT of political donations is to SUPPORT candidates with LOTS AND LOTS OF CASH who are on your side. To GIVE MONEY to people who will DEFEAT your opponents.

You can donate to a campaign in general terms. You can lobby them to see issues your way. You cannot say if you vote this way I will pay you X dollars.

?

So what?

They will donate the money or pull the money from donating depending on her vote.

Yes, this IS different from normal politics.
You shouldn't be calling anyone stupid g5000, it's that pot-kettle-black thingy.

Forum List

Back