Libs Mistakenly Picket the Home of Scott Walker's Parents

Well Freedom of Speech fans, to picket homes or not? You'd better make up your minds since you can't have it both ways.

Freedom of speech does allow them to picket the homes of politicians, but in my opinion it's in bad taste. Nobody should have to tell them they can't. They just shouldn't.
And what of the homes of anyone else?

I'd put money on they're UNION/democrat thugs. he beat the shit out them when they tried to have him recalled

but this is how low they crawl. protesting outside people's homes.
That's not a new tactic for the Left.

One of the ways they created the housing crisis that caused the huge 2008 recession (that we still haven't recovered from), was by suing various banks for not giving out as many risky loans to minorities, as the liberals thought they should. And to make sure their tactics worked, they went to the homes of bank officers, judges, etc. and demonstrated loudly and obnoxiously.

But they were careful to stay just barely inside the law as they did it, so they could continue their harassment for weeks and even months without their victims being able to do anything about it.

And to stay barely inside the law, they hired lawyers to guide them on exactly how far onto their victims' lawns they could walk, how close to the windows they could get, how much noise they could make without actually being arrested, and how to react to the complaints sent to police stations, city councils etc.

One of those lawyers (aka "community organizers") they hired was a bright, upcoming young man just out of college named Barack Obama.

So it's no surprise the leftist fanatics are still using the same tactics. They chased off a lot of the people whose businesses they wanted to damage or destroy, and even won several important court cases, resulting in lenders being coerced into making loans to people who couldn't pay them back. After years of this commercial sabotage, lenders and groups who bought those loans started collapsing, falling like dominoes, and the 2008 recession was on.

And why should they worry about being held responsible, when they need to practice such sabotage again? One of the key players who developed the tactics, is now President of the United States.

The fix is in. Don't expect the saboteurs and other lowlifes to stop any time soon.

Yes I got strong feelings on the subject. I think it should be illegal to picket people in their own homes and I think it should be legal under the Castle Doctrine when a mob is formed outside of the home to shoot the first person that steps over the property line. I don't care who's doing it, it's terrorism and terrorists need to be shot and killed in the act.
Wonderfully un-American of you, and entirely expected.

You ass. There's nothing "American" about terrorizing people in their own homes. Every right has their limits and the right to picket ends at people's personal property. The Castle Doctrine reigns supreme in American law, the real American, not the fake one you subscribe to.

Chapter 37: Picket An Abortionist’s House
Posted by League Staff (March 3, 2010 at 9:32 am)
picket.jpg
In Chapter 37 of Joe Scheidler’s landmark book, CLOSED: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion, pro-life activists are encouraged to picket the abortionists’ homes:

We go to the homes of abortionists…because they do not like it. They usually are not proud of being abortionists, and often they even guard from their community the fact that they are involved in abortion. If it were widely known that they are abortionists, they might be very uncomfortable in their communities, and their communities might be uncomfortable with them.

I saw this take place firsthand when we used to picket the entrance to the exclusive Inverness subdivision where abortionist Vinod Goyal lives. To say his neighbors were uncomfortable would be an understatement.

- See more at: Chapter 37 Picket An Abortionist s House Pro-Life Hotline

So.....they were picketing his neighborhood, not his home and you told a lie. Got it.

picket.jpg
In Chapter 37 of Joe Scheidler’s landmark book, CLOSED: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion, pro-life activists are encouraged to picket the abortionists’ homes:

We go to the homes of abortionists…because they do not like it. They usually are not proud of being abortionists, and often they even guard from their community the fact that they are involved in abortion. If it were widely known that they are abortionists, they might be very uncomfortable in their communities, and their communities might be uncomfortable with them.

I saw this take place firsthand when we used to picket the entrance to the exclusive Inverness subdivision where abortionist Vinod Goyal lives. To say his neighbors were uncomfortable would be an understatement.

So.....they were picketing his neighborhood, not his home and you told a lie. Got it.
They picket both homes and neighborhoods. Do you ever bother to read the links? Apparently not.

picket.jpg

They picket both homes and neighborhoods. Do you ever bother to read the links? Apparently not.

A picture tells a lot. You got a picture of them picketing a neighborhood. Bet you can't find one of them picketing a home.

picket.jpg

A picture tells a lot. You got a picture of them picketing a neighborhood. Bet you can't find one of them picketing a home.
Like this you mean? Defenders of the Unborn pickets the home of an Abortionist Defenders of the Unborn St. Louis MO

Be smart, give up...

The Castle Doctrine reigns supreme in American law...
Exactly who tells you such nonsense, since that is nothing like true. If you have a public space in front of your house, I can stand there and protest to my heart's content. The anti-abortion people do and they say it works, according to them.

You were right and now I'm right, I don't care that these were anti abortionists, when they picketed somebody's home, they became terrorists and I would be glad if they got shot if they stepped over the property line. Fuck 'em:

Court Upholds Ban on Picketing a Home - NYTimes.com

Court Upholds Ban on Picketing a Home

WASHINGTON, June 27— In a case pitting free speech rights against residential privacy, the Supreme Court today upheld a Wisconsin town's ban on picketing ''focused on, and taking place in front of, a particular residence.''

The 6-to-3 decision was a defeat, but not a total one, for anti-abortion protesters who challenged an ordinance in the Milwaukee suburb of Brookfield as a violation of their rights of free speech. The ordinance was adopted to stop the protesters' picketing in 1985 at the home of a physician who performed abortions.

The pickets, sometimes numbering more than 40, had been peaceful but had shouted slogans, sometimes trespassed and told neighborhood children the doctor was a ''baby killer.'' Protecting Residential Privacy

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor wrote for the majority that the ordinance was valid, in at least some applications, because of the importance of ''protection of residential privacy'' against ''the devastating effect of targeted picketing on the quiet enjoyment of the home.''

Stressing that ''even a solitary picket can invade residential privacy,'' she said, ''There simply is no right to force speech into the home of an unwilling listener.''

But Justice O'Connor also suggested that a broad law banning all picketing in a residential neighborhood might be unconstitutional, and she adopted what she called a narrowing interpretation of the Brookfield ordinance ''to avoid constitutional difficulties.'' Some Questions Remain

Justice O'Connor did not clearly specify what kinds of residential picketing a city could ban and what kinds are constitutionally protected.

For example, her opinion gives little indication whether the Court would uphold a ban on picketing in front of a single urban apartment building to protest the activities of one of its residents.

The decision seems to indicate that the same anti-abortion advocates can return and picket the entire residential block on which Dr. Benjamin Victoria lives in Brookfield as long as they do not focus on his home exclusively.

While the ordinance as written bans any and all ''picketing before or about the residence or dwelling of any individual in the town of Brookfield,'' Justice O'Connor said this language need not be read as prohibiting ''all picketing in residential areas.''

''General marching through residential neighborhoods, or even walking a route in front of an entire block of houses, is not prohibited by this ordinance,'' she said. ''Only focused picketing taking place solely in front of a particular residence is prohibited.''

Sandra C. Schultz, vice president of the Milwaukee Area Christian Action Council, one of the groups that brought the suit, said the protests would continue, within the guidelines of the ruling. A 'Silly Distinction'

She said the Justices were making a ''silly distinction'' between picketing in front of one house and marching through a neighborhood.

''I'm a little confused about how far we have to go down the street before it's legal,'' she said in a telephone interview. ''We will just change our tactics and go a little farther down the street. It won't deter our movement.'' Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist and Justices Harry A. Blackmun, Antonin Scalia and Anthony M. Kennedy joined the majority opinion. Justice Byron R. White filed a separate opinion concurring in the judgment, noting that ''in my view, if the ordinance were construed to forbid all picketing in residential neighborhoods'' it would be unconstitutional.

Justice William J. Brennan Jr. dissented, joined by Justice Thurgood Marshall. Justice John Paul Stevens dissented separately. They said some types of residential picketing could properly be banned, such as unduly loud chanting, trespassing in the person's yard and blocking doorways, but that the Brookfield ordinance was too broad.

Spokesmen for several national organizations that monitor states' laws said they knew of few laws that dealt specifically with the picketing of private residences. Some said similar ordinances were in effect in several suburban communities in Wisconsin, Illinois and Arkansas. 'Proliferation of Ordinances'

John Powell, national legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union, which filed a friend of the court brief supporting the free speech arguments by the anti-abortion protesters, said, ''What you will see happen is a proliferation of ordinances that will be drawn to comply with the Court's ruling.''

Spokesmen for the attorneys general of New York and New Jersey said they did not know of any statutes or ordinances dealing with picketing of private residences in those states.

A Connecticut statute that was passed 40 years ago forbade picketing people at home, unless their homes were adjacent to their offices. It was held unconstitutional by the Connecticut Supreme Court in 1987.

Benna Ruth Solomon, who filed a brief on behalf of four local government groups defending the ordinance, said, ''We are pleased that the Court recognizes the importance of privacy and tranquillity in the home and that people have rights to be free from intrusive, distressing picketing in that last sanctuary.''

But she noted that ''the Court's opinion is very narrow'' and that the Brookfield ordinance, as interpreted by the Court, apparently would not apply if the picketers walked up and down the entire block instead of staying in front of the physician's home.

Justice O'Connor rejected arguments by Brookfield, a community of about 4,300 people, and by the local government groups that previous rulings by the Court that public streets are ''public forums,'' where reasonable opportunities for free speech activities must be allowed, should not be applied to narrow residential streets.

There are proper places for protests, homes are not one of them
Boy, we got some serious Nazis going now. No picket for you, go eat soup...

Grow the help up, you whiny little ass. I swear every post I read of yours it's whine, whine, whine or attack. It's no wonder you and your ilk are despised
My apologies, for spanking you so often.

You've never laid a glove on me...and you never will. You're a dimwitted progtard, I can't lose

The Castle Doctrine reigns supreme in American law...
Exactly who tells you such nonsense, since that is nothing like true. If you have a public space in front of your house, I can stand there and protest to my heart's content. The anti-abortion people do and they say it works, according to them.

Who's house did anti-abortion protestors demonstrate at?

Forum List

Back