Liberation of the Jews from Babylonian captivity

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
They were freed by Achaemenides Cyrus the Great when Babylon was defeated. According to Wikipedia, in the Babylonian chronicles there is no information about the subjugation of Babylon by Cyrus, it says that he fought with Akkad, but the authors assumed that Babylon was meant. However, this is an extremely dubious assumption, because the Babylonians had no reason to call themselves Akkadians, especially since they were most likely their enemies, the Assyrians.
In addition, the name of the commander who fought from Babylon side is also unknown.

The Achaemenids are not at all like the loyal to Jews. They were horsemen, there is a high probability that they were Aryan tribes, there is evidence that the Achaemenid impera was called Aryānam Dahyunam and Aryānam Xšaθram

Maybe this is somehow connected with the Babylonian harlot. I have not come across any data about some kind of "Babylonian harlot", however, the Assyrian harlot Semiramis was well-known.

All this suggests that forgery is possible there.

PS Something has cleared up. In fact, Nabonidus was apparently Assyrian. He revived Assyrian traditions, and his son in transcription was called Bershal-usur. He overthrew the god Marduk, the Vedic counterpart of Indra. This was not Babylon, but a captured country, which should be considered Assyria.

Although this still does not clarify much.

Last edited:
Seeing as you placed "jews" in your title i'm guessing that your forgery problem is not with Babylonia, Cyrus the Great or even Wiki? Would you like to clarify?

• Banned
Seeing as you placed "jews" in your title i'm guessing that your forgery problem is not with Babylonia, Cyrus the Great or even Wiki? Would you like to clarify?
Don't understand, a problem with terminology?

"The Babylonian captivity or Babylonian exile is the period in Jewish history during which a large number of Judeans from the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon, the capital city of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, following their defeat in the Jewish–Babylonian War and the destruction of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. The event is described in the Hebrew Bible, and its historicity is supported by archaeological and non-biblical evidence."

Isn't that about the Jews?

• Banned
yes. but where does the forgery come in?
So it is written there. The first contradiction is that the Babylonians called the country akkad. But it cleared up, I added a postscript there.

The second contradiction is that by all indications the Achaemenids were Aryans, and their loyalty to the Jews looks strange.

• Banned
In general, there, according to the names of the kings of the New Babylonian kingdom, it turns out that they were generally Assyrians and not Babylonians, because their names end in "asur", Including Nebuchadnezzar II himself, "ezzar" is a variant of the same word: Nabû-kudurri-uṣur

You bring up some interesting bits of information. As for Nebuchadnezzar under which the Babylonian captivity began, i've never heard anything about the link as you state but rather that Nabu was one of the gods of Babylon at that time. His commander also had a bit of his name related to the god nabu. Nabuzaradan.

Cyrus was persian with maybe some Mede.

The akkadians..... that disappeared as a nation at some point in late 2000 bc and became Assyria to the north and someone else to the south which currently escapes my memory. And i've not heard of akkads again outside of Judah or Israel. Not doubting you...just have never run across that.

Personally anything i read at Wiki i take with a grain of salt.

• Banned
By the way, at about the same time when, as it is believed, 1 temple was destroyed, the Temple of Sin in Harran was also destroyed. The Medes did it.
(from the Sippar cylinder of Nabonidus, the temple was destroyed around 609 BC )

Cyrus was persian with maybe some Mede.
According to the Babylonian chronicles, he was the king of Pars (he is called Kurash there), and at that time the king of Media Astyages gathered an army against him, but a mutiny occurred in the army, and he was captured.
It follows that he was not a Mede and was not associated with Media.

Tell me how you get that two of the descendants of nebuchadnezzar were assyrian particularly nabonidus and his son belshazzar. marriage?

me said:
Tell me how you get that two of the descendants of nebuchadnezzar were assyrian particularly nabonidus and his son belshazzar. marriage?

strike that last. I was looking through some historical notes i'd taken. Nabonidus is not related to Nebuchadnezzer which is disappointing to me because i think Nebuchadnezzer in spite of his cruelty was one of the greatest kings of history. I especially enjoy his remarks in Daniel recognizing God as Creator and Ruler of all.

Cyrus sent other captive peoples back to their homelands besides Jews; the point was to set up client states around the borders of the Persian Empire. Babylonian Jews were just one of several. They used the occasion to set themselves up as the 'pure' Jews and overlords of the Jews who weren't exiled. and Cyrus funded a '2nd Temple' scam to help them consolidate their personal political power over the region.

The Hebrewism of Moses and the great prophets ended with the Babylonian conquest; what replaced it was a racist cult that abandoned the written Torah and its spirit for a lot of legalistic rubbish that evolved into rabbinical Judaism cult in the 2nd Century A.D. Some scholars think it ended with the Hebrews electing their first King, also a new development at the time, and rejected as a sacrilege by some, hence the invasion and loss to the Babylonians in the first place, as God's punishment. Isaiah was the last great Prophet, in any case, so from a theological perspective the dissidents were right, the Mosaic religion was dead before Solomon built his 'Temple' monument to his ego. The Temple hoax is just bizarre in light of all the previous history and writings.

In general, there, according to the names of the kings of the New Babylonian kingdom, it turns out that they were generally Assyrians and not Babylonians, because their names end in "asur", Including Nebuchadnezzar II himself, "ezzar" is a variant of the same word: Nabû-kudurri-uṣur

Akkadian_Empire.png

strike that last. I was looking through some historical notes i'd taken. Nabonidus is not related to Nebuchadnezzer which is disappointing to me because i think Nebuchadnezzer in spite of his cruelty was one of the greatest kings of history. I especially enjoy his remarks in Daniel recognizing God as Creator and Ruler of all.

Daniel was written in 168 BC.

Nabonius ruled from exile in Tayma.

Nabonidus | king of Babylonia | Britannica
Nabonidus, king of Babylonia from 556 until 539 bc, when Babylon fell to Cyrus, king of Persia. After a popular rising led by the priests of Marduk, chief god of the city, Nabonidus, who favoured the moon god Sin, made his son Belshazzar coregent and spent much of his reign in Arabia. Returning to

There were signs of Assyrian politics, I wrote about it. He restored the cult of Nin, and their names are similar to Assyrian.

Cyrus sent other captive peoples back to their homelands besides Jews; the point was to set up client states around the borders of the Persian Empire. Babylonian Jews were just one of several. They used the occasion to set themselves up as the 'pure' Jews and overlords of the Jews who weren't exiled. and Cyrus funded a '2nd Temple' scam to help them consolidate their personal political power over the region.

The Hebrewism of Moses and the great prophets ended with the Babylonian conquest; what replaced it was a racist cult that abandoned the written Torah and its spirit for a lot of legalistic rubbish that evolved into rabbinical Judaism cult in the 2nd Century A.D. Some scholars think it ended with the Hebrews electing their first King, also a new development at the time, and rejected as a sacrilege by some, hence the invasion and loss to the Babylonians in the first place, as God's punishment. Isaiah was the last great Prophet, in any case, so from a theological perspective the dissidents were right, the Mosaic religion was dead before Solomon built his 'Temple' monument to his ego. The Temple hoax is just bizarre in light of all the previous history and writings.

You know about the good figs and the bad figs???

There is one more confusion. Since Cyrus was a Parsi, it means that it cannot be argued that the Achaemenid state was an Aryan country. The Parsis were not Aryans. Apparently their descendants are modern Tats in the Caucasus and Parsis in India, many consider them to be Jews.
But in this case, it is not clear where the names Aryānam Dahyunam and Aryānam Xšaθram came from at that time
Moreover, the name Dahyunam obviously comes from the Dakhs, who later formed the Parthian Empire.
Confedera%C5%A3ia.Dahae.jpg

Last edited:
It is clear that there is a lot of false information, nothing converges

Forum List

Back