Liberals bowdlerize children's classic "Peter Pan". Say lyrics offend indians

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More censorship in the name of "tolerance" from the hypocrite libs. You want offensiveness - i'm offended that my taxes provide welfare for these drunken illiterate savages.

NBC s Peter Pan changes offensive Ugg-a-Wugg lyrics Daily Mail Online

nov 18 2014
NBC has changed the lyrics of the song 'Ugg-a-Wugg' for its live show of Peter Pan after the words were deemed to be offensive to Native Americans.

The original number, performed by Peter Pan and Tiger Lily, featured lines including 'the brave noble red skin' and made-up words including 'ugg-a-wugg' and 'gugg-a-bluck wa-hoo'.

In its place, the team behind the show, which stars Allison Williams as Peter Pan and Christopher Walken as Hook, have devised a song called 'True Blood Brothers'.

The lyrics, which are performed by a group in Native American costumes, were changed after it was deemed that they encourage stereotypes.

• Banned
BTW - they are NOT "native-americans". They haven't been here since the beginning of time. Injuns came from somewhere else too. Anyway - General Sheridan was right.

• Banned
You conservatives always find the dumbest things to whine about. I'm really impressed at all the effort you put into whining.

The board notes you never addressed the issue. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

Liberals just naturally know what offends people, it is because liberals are so offensive.

More censorship in the name of "tolerance" from the hypocrite libs. You want offensiveness - i'm offended that my taxes provide welfare for these drunken illiterate savages.

nov 18 2014
NBC has changed the lyrics of the song 'Ugg-a-Wugg' for its live show of Peter Pan after the words were deemed to be offensive to Native Americans.

The original number, performed by Peter Pan and Tiger Lily, featured lines including 'the brave noble red skin' and made-up words including 'ugg-a-wugg' and 'gugg-a-bluck wa-hoo'.

In its place, the team behind the show, which stars Allison Williams as Peter Pan and Christopher Walken as Hook, have devised a song called 'True Blood Brothers'.

The lyrics, which are performed by a group in Native American costumes, were changed after it was deemed that they encourage stereotypes.

Well we finally agree on something. Only to be fair both extremes in our culture are guilty of trying to PC great literature and thereby neuter it. Here's a very incomplete list of books that were challenged by various RW forces;

Ulysses by James Joyce, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, All the King's Men, Robert Penn Warren American Psycho,Bret Easton Ellis, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, Judy Blume, As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner, Asking About Sex and Growing Up, Black Boy,Richard Wright, Brave New World, Aldous Huxley, The Call of the Wild, Jack London, Carrie, Stephen King, The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger, Catch-22, Joseph Heller, Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut, A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess, The Color Purple, Alice Walker, Cujo, Stephen King.

I think the most recent example that has pissed me off the most is the re-writing of Huckleberry Finn. Twain was anti racist and Huck Finn one of the greatest anti-racist novels of all time. Listen to this conversation between Huck and Aunt Sally;

"when Aunt Sally asks if anyone was hurt in a reported riverboat explosion, and Huck himself answers "No'm. Killed a ******," she replies, "Well, it's lucky; because sometimes people do get hurt."

It just wouldn't have the power without the n word spelled out in context. As a reviewer said;

"Language counts here. As Twain himself said: "The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter – it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning."

Last edited:
Leave the stories alone. If you don't like the what Native Americans were called or black Americans or who ever, stop being so thin skinned. I suppose there's names for me besides cracker and I don't much care. I'll get over it. You will, too.

and

nov 18 2014

Well we finally agree on something. Only to be fair both extremes in our culture are guilty of trying to PC great literature and thereby neuter it. Here's a very incomplete list of books that were challenged by various RW forces;

Ulysses by James Joyce, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, All the King's Men, Robert Penn Warren American Psycho,Bret Easton Ellis, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, Judy Blume, As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner, Asking About Sex and Growing Up, Black Boy,Richard Wright, Brave New World, Aldous Huxley, The Call of the Wild, Jack London, Carrie, Stephen King, The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger, Catch-22, Joseph Heller, Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut, A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess, The Color Purple, Alice Walker, Cujo, Stephen King.

I think the most recent example that has pissed me off the most is the re-writing of Huckleberry Finn. Twain was anti racist and Huck Finn one of the greatest anti-racist novels of all time. Listen to this conversation between Huck and Aunt Sally;

"when Aunt Sally asks if anyone was hurt in a reported riverboat explosion, and Huck himself answers "No'm. Killed a ******," she replies, "Well, it's lucky; because sometimes people do get hurt."

It just wouldn't have the power without the n word spelled out in context. As a reviewer said;

"Language counts here. As Twain himself said: "The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter – it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning."

What the fuck???? Is the site automatically censoring n***** in all contexts now?

Im not a fan of that word, but i also dont like censorship, so im going to test it... ******.

I guess they ARE censoring racial slurs here now, and to prove it i will use the racial slur that is predominantly used against white people... cracker.

Last edited:
Ohhhhh, i guess white racial slurs are cool. Feel free to call us crackers, honkeys, whitey, or any other offensive racial slur you want. White people dont count. Way to go USmessageboard. Yuck!

So, it's getting more and more crazy. What's next? Are we going to pretend that some things never happened? Will we skip them at history lessons?
Maybe, we should return some land to Indians? Or Florida to Spain? I bet it hurt as hell when we annexed it. =)

and

nov 18 2014

What the fuck???? Is the site automatically censoring n***** in all contexts now?
When it's working

What makes it really crazy is that n***** is not even offensive to blacks. They use the word all the time.!!

What makes it really crazy is the children's classic isn't even the children's classic. The musical wandered in with Mary Martin playing Peter Pan in the 50s. The boy is always played by a full grown woman. If they can turn a woman into a boy they can change the words to a song written for that musical.

Forum List

Back