Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

11i1oqa.jpg
Leftwing propaganda.

Nope. Recorded history.

Maine was a big state for the Klan, and in that state Republicans owned politics in the same way the Democrats owned Louisiana. Owen Brewster was a strongly-Klan-backed candidate who won offices of Governor, Congressman and Senator, and a close ally of Joe McCarthy.

What that meant was that the Klan political faction in Maine was Republican, and the anti-Klan political faction in Maine was also Republican. The Democrats of course seized on the Klan connections but their state infrastructure was weak. Same sort of intra-party division was going on around the same time in Kansas, where Ben Paulen took the Republican governor nomination (and the office) over other Republican elements that wanted to condemn the Klan.

Paulen's predecessor Henry Allen had been trying to oust the Klan out of Kansas a few years prior, the same time as Gov. Jack Walton of neighboring Oklahoma was trying to oust them out of that state. Allen was a Republican, Walton a Democrat.

The Klan, in that period of political activity, split political parties that way --- which was actually what this thread could have been about if it hadn't started with a picture from Madison Wisconsin claiming it was the Democratic convention in New York City.

Acording to who, this Chalmer's guy? I read his book about Standard Oil, and it's total communist bullshit. You'll have to find a credible source if you want anyone to believe what you post about the KKK.
Anyone who knows American history knows the Republican Party was just as infected with Klansmen as the Democrats.

But of course you don't know fuck-all about American history.

The Democrats have evolved into modern day slavery of blacks by keeping them held down in the projects.

-Geaux
--------

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history? Watch as Carol Swain, professor of political science at Vanderbilt University, shares the inconvenient history of the Democratic Party.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

Oh look --- it's the original bridge-buyer, here to explain how the Democratic Party held an annual convention on trolley tracks in Madison Wisconsin. Maybe he can explain "Forney Johnston" as well. He's only had a week and a half to work on it.

Whatcha come up with?

And look --- he's trotting in more myths, including my favorite, "founded the KKK". Nope, they did not.

1865:
  • (Maj) James Crowe
  • Calvin Jones
  • (Capt) John Lester
  • (Capt) John B Kenedy
  • Frank O. McCord
  • Richard Reed

1915 re-founding:
  • William Joseph Simmons

--- find me any political affiliation for any of those people.

Maybe look under the trolley tracks in Madison Wisconsin :eusa_dance:

Or maybe "Forney Johnston" knows. :rofl:

You can also check post 64 here, where another kkklown history revisionist tried to slap this same myth against the wall hoping it would stick despite known history. Which is linked an imaged there.

Here's some followup --- not the recent post I remember but this site doesn't make search easy. One could go find the links all over again but then the bogus Wilson quote wasn't my claim and there are plenty more myths to squash...

== (old post, repasted) ==

There is evidence of the "writing history with lightning" phrase, but it's referring to the medium of the motion picture ---- in which "Birth of a Nation" was, sadly, technically innovative, completely aside from its plot. It made the splash it did for both of those reasons --- not just the storyline.

The bit about "my only regret is that it's all so terribly true" might have been advertising copy that D.W. Griffith used to sell the film, attributing it to a "very eminent man" but not naming the source*. In effect, Griffith (or Dixon, the novelist) seems to have made it up --- or somebody did at some later time.

From a 1915 advertising poster in Atlanta:
“History written with lightning” is the description applied to “The Birth of a Nation,” now in its second week at the Atlanta theater, by a very eminent man for whom a private exhibition was given in Washington some months ago.​

--- so this seems to have been congealed into a fake quote many years later (it doesn't appear in print anywhere until 1937, and even then it's unattributed)

From the biography Wilson: The New Freedom (1956) by Arthur S. Link:

>> Dixon conceived a bold scheme -- to arrange a private showing of the film at the White House and thereby to obtain the President’s implied endorsement. [41]

Dixon bragged afterward that he had hidden "the real purpose of my film," which was to spread southern white racial attitudes in the North: "What I told the President was that I would show him the birth of a new art -- the launching of the mightiest engine for moulding public opinion in the history of the world."23

Wilson fell into Dixon’s trap, as indeed, did also members of the Supreme Court and both houses of Congress. Then, when the N.A.A.C.P. sought to prevent the showing of “The Birth of a Nation” in New York, Boston, and other cities, Dixon’s lawyers countered successfully by declaring that Chief Justice had seen the movie and liked it immensely. [42]

The Chief Justice, a Confederate veteran from Louisiana, put an end to the use of his name by threatening to denounce “The Birth of a Nation” publicly if Dixon did not stop saying that he had endorsed it. [43] Perceiving the political dangers in the situation, Tumulty suggested that Wilson write “some sort of a letter showing that he did not approve of the ‘Birth of a Nation.’” [44] “I would like to do this,” the President replied, “if there were some way in which I could do it without seeming to be trying to meet the agitation . . . stirred up by that unspeakable fellow Tucker [Trotter].” [45] He did, however, let Tumulty say that he had at no time approved the film; and three years later, when the nation was at war, he strongly disapproved the showing of this “unfortunate production.” [46]

... How Wilson reacted is a matter of dispute. Twenty-two years later, a magazine writer alleged that he had said about the film, "It is like writing history with lightning. And my only regret is that it is all so terribly true". It is extremely doubtful that Wilson uttered these words, and Dixon did not quote them in his memoirs. Sixty-two years later, the last person then living who had been at the showing recalled that the president did not seem to pay much attention to the movie and left when it was over without saying a word.

[41] Dixon tells the story in “Southern Horizons: An Autobiography,” unpublished MS. in the possession of Mrs. Thomas Dixon, Raleigh, North Carolina, pp. 423-424.
[42] For accounts of the hearings in New York and Boston, see Mrs. Walter Damrosch to J.P. Tumulty, March 27, 1915, Wilson Papers; Mrs. Harriet Beale to J.P. Tumulty, March 29, 1915, ibid.; Representative Thomas C. Thacher of Massachusetts to J.P. Tumulty, April 17, 1915, ibid. enclosing letters and documents relating to the hearing in Boston; and Thomas Dixon, “Southern Horizons,” pp. 425-441.
[43] E.D. White to J.P. Tumulty, April 5, 1915, Wilson Papers.
[44] J.P. Tumulty to W.W., April 24, 1915, ibid.
[45] W.W. to J.P. Tumulty, c. April 25, 1915, ibid.
[46] J.P. Tumulty to T.C. Thacher, April 28, 1915, ibid.; W.W. to J.P. Tumulty, c. April 22, 1918, ibid.<<

(from page 272 here)
So the quote does not even appear until 1937, long after Wilson's death, and appears to be amalgamated from D. W Griffith's advertising propaganda claiming "But 'The Birth of a Nation' received very high praise from high quarters in Washington. ... Yes, I was gratified when a man we all revere, or ought to, said it teaches history by lightning." (that's on page 21 here).

Notice he doesn't attribute a name to this "man we all revere". The 1915 version of "some people say....".

Again, other than cleaning up bogus quotes I'm still unaware what this has to do with the topic or the Klan. First, the quote has no corroborated source and doesn't appear anywhere until 1937. Second, what the quote would mean if it were real is open to debate anyway. "History written with lightning" is Dixon's filmmaker term describing the medium, and in the phrase "it is all so terribly true", what "it" refers to isn't even specified. "It's true what the Klan's motive was"? Or "it's terrible that it's true that all this went down?" It isn't specified.

So what's the point here with this Wilson myth?

Hell I still haven't figured out what this thread has to do with the 1924 Democratic convention, since it's using a picture from Wisconsin, what it's got to do with Forney Johnston, who was already dead by then, why "Liberals are not liking it" since it's got nothing to do with Liberalism, or in what way a widely-distributed photo from 1924 is somehow "newly discovered". :cuckoo:

What is however interesting and relative to contemporary events is that The Birth of a Nation" is part and parcel, as was the Dixon novel The Clansman on which it was based, of the same "Lost Cause" movement that had been striving to rewrite the history of the Confederacy, a time of the peak of bigotry, Jim Crow laws, segregation, race riots and rampant lynchings, part of which movement was the erection of hundreds of statues and monuments dedicated to whitewashing that history, primarily by the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC), including most if not all of the statues and monuments currently under attack and in some cases already removed, from public spaces. And they were installed in those public spaces specifically to led their historical revisionism an air of "legitimacy", just as "a man we all revere or ought to" was intended to lend THAT historical revisionism (the film) an air of legitimacy. All part of the same pattern from the same element driven for the same reason -- trying to whitewash the nefarious splotch of white supremacy.

Last edited:

Nope. Recorded history.

Maine was a big state for the Klan, and in that state Republicans owned politics in the same way the Democrats owned Louisiana. Owen Brewster was a strongly-Klan-backed candidate who won offices of Governor, Congressman and Senator, and a close ally of Joe McCarthy.

What that meant was that the Klan political faction in Maine was Republican, and the anti-Klan political faction in Maine was also Republican. The Democrats of course seized on the Klan connections but their state infrastructure was weak. Same sort of intra-party division was going on around the same time in Kansas, where Ben Paulen took the Republican governor nomination (and the office) over other Republican elements that wanted to condemn the Klan.

Paulen's predecessor Henry Allen had been trying to oust the Klan out of Kansas a few years prior, the same time as Gov. Jack Walton of neighboring Oklahoma was trying to oust them out of that state. Allen was a Republican, Walton a Democrat.

The Klan, in that period of political activity, split political parties that way --- which was actually what this thread could have been about if it hadn't started with a picture from Madison Wisconsin claiming it was the Democratic convention in New York City.

Acording to who, this Chalmer's guy? I read his book about Standard Oil, and it's total communist bullshit. You'll have to find a credible source if you want anyone to believe what you post about the KKK.
Anyone who knows American history knows the Republican Party was just as infected with Klansmen as the Democrats.

Hell, practically the entire GOP Indiana legislature were Klansmen -- including the Governor. So too Colorado.

Pogo is a very accomplished disinformation person. Most of his so-called clan history appears to be from internet sites from a 'kkk history' post. A lot of it appears to be from this site (note sites often plagiarize each other, using unattributed sources, unchecked facts and so on - so this might not be the exact site from which he posts such a distorted and UNTRUTHFUL history of the clan.)

I see that you're new here Sparkles but most of what I do here has to do with correcting disinformation with facts --- that and pointing out why an argument is fallacious. I've often referred back to my own earlier posts for this reason ---- those referenced posts HAD ALREADY quoted and linked multiple sources (I've got at least 25-30 all told), which are still clickable in those original posts and all of which document what I post.

You see Gooey, I've been at this a LONG time. I know this stuff backward and forward, I no longer need the links or references but they do refute the mythology. And they make for far too long a post, so I limit it to about ten per post, and I no longer elongate a thread by quoting them all over again. So lately I simply refer back to where it's already compiled. The fact that you're scared shitless to actually read them for fear of your own mythology vanishing, that ain't my problem. I can't control your self-delusion; all I can do is lead you to the water. You want to not only refuse to think but deny that that water exists, hey that's on you. But it changes nothing of the content.

I had studied the origins of the Clan more than 40 years ago, written a paper on it, and NOTHING in that origination story by p's was in accord with my recollection.

Then it's funny you can't even spell "Klan", an alliteration which was present in it from literally the first day, which was, specifically, Christmas of 1865 (various reports alternate between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but we needn't quibble about 24 hours).

Oh, and let me beat p' to the punch - before the inevitable "Well you've been a clan sympathizer and interested in them since being very young"

Again that's your ass-----umption, not mine. There are all sorts of reasons for interest in some topic. My interest in this one came from the work of an older relative, a writer and historian, whose resources I inherited on his death. Probably I got interested because what I was learning contradicted the very myths your ilk has been spewing forth here ignorantly for decades. I like to find out the real origins of things.

In other words I'm your worst enemy --- I already know better, and I won't hesitate to put it out.

Nope. Recorded history.

Hell, practically the entire GOP Indiana legislature were Klansmen -- including the Governor. So too Colorado.

Succinctly summed up here, posted for about the 1300th time...

It was organized at Pulaski, Tenn., in May, 1866.

Bullshit.

It was Pulaski (205 West Madison Street, the law office of Thomas Jones, father of founder Calvin Jones) but it was Christmas of 1865. By May, Crowe, Jones, Lester, Kennedy, McCord and Reed were no longer in control, nor was it limited to them, nor is there any record of not only political affiliations but of any terrorist activity by any of those founders. It was out of their hands.

The sort of slipshod fake-research I expect from a wannabe who can't even spell "Klan".

I understand dessert is ready. Moving on.

Nope. Recorded history.

I've posted legitimate sources, literally dozens of them, over and over and over and over and over and over and over on this site alone Finger-Boi, and you damn well know it because you've been here long enough.

Your endless yapping "post 'em again because I was going :lalala: is unimpressive.

Furthermore I've posted nothing about a "Chalmer's [sic] guy", nor is that even a valid English construction. Go lern hau to reed.

So many posts, Pogo, and all of them are mainly BS. Too much of liberal Media, Pogo. Your brains are slipping away from you. Go, go, go, gone....

Suggestion: stop listening to liberal Media and start reading the Bible.
Excellent advice but pogi is an anti so perhaps a wasted effort.

An "anti"? Don't even know what that is. I am an uncle though. Wanna see my grandniece?

5085-1503280505-019c7a9cb3a0a96b22ba5033f53670ce.jpg

The epilogue to that never-ending convention deadlock drama --- the conservative wing was able to deadlock all those 100+ ballots because the party at the time required a 2/3 majority for nomination. So all you needed to block was 33% plus one. Franklin Roosevelt put an end to that 12 years later when, at the height of his power while running for re-election in 1936, he got the rules changed to a simple majority (50% plus one). That ensured there would be no more 1924s and the next time the South wanted to block the flow, in 1948 the first election after World War Two, they were unable to do so under the new rules, walked out, and ran their own campaign. That was the "Dixiecrats", Strom Thurmond and Fielding Wright.

The next time Thurmond came up for Senate re-election he found himself kicked off the ballot and had to run as a write-in (which he won).
What exactly makes them "The Conservative Wing"?

Racism mostly.
Oh, so it's a way for the left to blame everyone but themselves, got it. And what exactly makes racism "Conservative"?

It has nothing to do with "the left". It has to do with that conservative wing. You asked what made them the conservative wing. They clearly were not the Liberal one.

Being a conservative does not in itself make one racist. But in order to be a racist, one must be conservative.
Utter horseshit.

Yep, that is indeed what you just did. Probably the longest word you know too.

What exactly makes them "The Conservative Wing"?

Racism mostly.

There's nothing conservative about racism, shit stain. That claim is nothing more than leftwing bigotry.
Spits the moron who actually posted a photo from a KKK march in Wisconsin and tried to fool the forum into believing it was from the 1924 DNC in New York. :cuckoo:
That doesn't prove your claim, shit stain.
I already gave you a link which showed the origins of that photo.

Meanwhile, you have zero evidence that photo was from the 1924 DNC. You're just fucking crazy. :cuckoo:

Here's a second link to demonstrate what a retard you are...

Dry times were not good times

... want more...?

The Klan was strongly pro-Prohibition (drunks and drinkers in general were some of their targets along with "loose women" and "fornicators" and "people who didn't go to church") and they had common roots with the Temperance Movement.

>> The organization most responsible for Prohibition (the "drys" as opposed to the "wets") was the church-based Anti-Saloon League (ASL) and its legendary activist Wayne Wheeler. Wheeler was brilliant, indefatigable, and during his heyday, the most powerful man in American politics. Part of his effectiveness was his willingness to ally the ASL with any group that was willing to support Prohibition. For example, the ASL cooperated with the women's suffrage movement because Wheeler knew women would vote for "dry" candidates. The ASL supported those in favor of the income tax, because Prohibition would have been impossible except for the introduction of an income tax – prior to Prohibition there was no income tax, and taxes on alcohol represented as much as 30 to 40% of national income.

Most insidious, though, was the tacit alliance of the ASL with the Ku Klux Klan. Drinking was something that was most closely associated with blacks and immigrants such as the Irish and Italians (both largely Catholic). These were the very groups targeted by the Klan, and so the Klan was strongly pro-Prohibition. << -- Political Alliances: the Klan and the ASL
Yet another contextual root.

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history?

So I admit I salivated on fake Klan history but to be fair it's certainly not the only myth in the list. Let's do another one. "Did you know the Democratic Party ... started the Civil War".

Nope, didn't know that and curiously enough neither do the history books.

Let's see, Civil War, April 1861, following the secession of several states forming the Confederacy starting with South Carolina (everything starts in South Carolina) in April 1861....

.... the lead-in to that was the election of Abraham Lincoln in November 1860.

In that election, Lincoln, the second candidate of the then-new (six years old) Republican Party, ran for President but only in the North, Midwest and West. His name appeared on no ballots in the South (at that time you did not go to the polling place and get a master list of all candidates --- you picked up a ballot printed by that political party). The party's first POTUS candidate John C. Frémont (1856) also did not run in the South. The new party concentrated its resources where it thought (correctly) its support would be in the North, Midwest and West.,

Consequently the number of the South's considerable share of the Electoral College vote (88 at the time) that Lincoln won was, predictably, zero. So how many EVs do you think the Democratic Party's candidate Stephen Douglas, pull from those 88 available votes from the South?

The answer is also --------- zero. Not a one.

What your mythmakers "forget" to tell you is that that vote was split between not two, not three, but four major candidates, and Lincoln took a majority of EVs with the lowest share of the popular vote in history. Second was John Breckinridge, who the Southern ex-Democrats ran after they expelled the Democratic convention from the South, and third was John Bell of the Constitutional Union Party (offshoot of the Whigs) who won his native Tennessee as well as Virginia and Kentucky (home state of both Lincoln and Breckinridge). Democrat Douglas came in dead last, having won a total of one state (Missouri, a 'border' state) and a split EV from New Jersey. It's also worth noting that Bell's CU campaign was against secession and though Bell had been a slave owner himself he opposed its expansion.

After that election result was in Douglas attempted to negotiate with Southern concerns to talk them out of secession, and when those efforts failed he advised Lincoln on how to approach the South in the event of war, suggesting more force than Lincoln had been advocating.

Oh and one more thing, when the Confederacy formed, it shunned the idea of having political parties and deliberately had none.

So go ahead and make your case for "the Democrats started the Civil War". This oughta be as fun to watch as the decomposed corpse of Forney Johnston careening down Wisconsin trolley tracks.

Still determined to make liberals into confederates?

Hilarious.

So was Lincoln a confederate?

Because after the South went from Democrat to Republican, the tards become confused.

False. In 1924, the year referenced in the OP, the states that supported the confederacy during the civil war (the conservative states that voted for Trump in '16) voted Democratic.
The states that opposed slavery voted for the Republican.
(most of these same liberal states voted for Hillary).
1924_Electoral_Map.png

I just gave you a history lesson. This thread bike up on the conservatives' faces.
KKK was founded by conservatives (southern democrats) and continues to be loved by conservatives (today's Republicans).

Actually the Klan was founded originally by ex-soldiers who had no political party, and fifty years later re-founded by a con artist with also no known political affiliations. They may have their tendencies from one time and place to another but both of them insisted they were non-political.
No doubt insisted that while murdering Republicans.

Nope. Actually the original founders were out for nothing more than a joke. All that violence stuff came on after it was taken over from them. And at the time there were literally dozens of such groups.

And the second one that went much bigger and coast-to-coast, was a con artist out to milk membership money from the gullible, because he saw what a sensation "Birth of a Nation" was. Wouldn't have made sense to be murdering Republicans at the same time they were endorsing them.
You must be thinking of a different KKK, entirely, then, because the KKK I'm thinking of, the anti-black group, murdered blacks and Republicans.

Pumpkin, You are correct. Pogo is a very accomplished disinformation person. Most of his so-called clan history appears to be from internet sites from a 'kkk history' post. A lot of it appears to be from this site (note sites often plagiarize each other, using unattributed sources, unchecked facts and so on - so this might not be the exact site from which he posts such a distorted and UNTRUTHFUL history of the clan.)

Note - this is BULLCRAP : The Ku Klux Klan, 1868

I wil quote just a bit so you can see the similarity to pogo's first 'post' on the issue (no, I won't even bother rating his post as funny, or replying to him - consider him nothing but a leftist troll - a very skilled one - but a troll none-the-less - just like nycarbineer. extreme high number of posts- just means they've hung around for a long time- ratings - well- always take them with a huge dosing of NaCl.)

The FOLLOWING IS COMPLETE HORSE HOCKEY:
Its very name struck terror in the hearts of its victims. However, the beginning of the Ku Klux Klan was innocent enough. In December 1865, eight months after the South’s surrender, a group of six young men living in the village of Pulaski near Nashville, Tennessee decided to relieve their boredom by organizing a social club. All were veterans of the Confederate Army and some had attended college where fraternities with three-letter, Greek-based names were popular. In mock-imitation, they came up with the alliterative title Ku Klux Klan for their group. Their meetings would be secret and devoted to elaborate ceremonies. Members would disguise themselves with a costume made up of a sheet to cover their bodies, fanciful masks to hide their faces and pointed headgear that heightened their stature. Their leader would be known as the Grand Cyclops.

Although their motives may have been innocent, the appearance of these white-sheeted, horse-mounted apparitions on the town’s darkened streets triggered a panic-driven flight for safety by the community’s recently freed slaves. Soon, terrorizing Blacks became a prime sport and the transition of the KKK from an innocuous social club to a ruthless vigilance committee began.

Transmitted by word-of-mouth and newspaper articles; knowledge of the Klan rapidly spread through the South. Post-war conditions in the former Confederacy were chaotic. The rapid expansion of the Klan was fueled by a wide-spread fear among many Southern Whites of an insurrection by former slaves and seething resentment against Northern “carpet-baggers” who had invaded the South since the end of the war. Local organizations mimicking the original group’s secrecy and costumes sprang up in various communities.

---- End of Bovine Excrement ....

My radar on this guy went off immediately with p's first post - it reeked of bs.

I had studied the origins of the Clan more than 40 years ago, written a paper on it, and NOTHING in that origination story by p's was in accord with my recollection. Oh, and let me beat p' to the punch - before the inevitable "Well you've been a clan sympathizer and interested in them since being very young" ... kinda like what the Internet Mob has already done to that kid in Charlottesville over his studying of 'nazis'. During the time I researched the Clan - It was during the civil rights days of MLK and all that was going on here in the United States. The kkk was in the news daily. I was not living in the US, but with my military family - stationed in Japan. Discrimination and racism were something totally alien to me - it flat did not occur in the military at that time. It was severely punished when found - the officer's and NCO's would not allow it. Keeping up with the 'states' required us to READ, a lot, to understand what was going on. Who the hell were the 'kkk' ? Well, I read- BOOKS - to find out. Not the freaking internet.

But, bein' an old fart, held my fire, checked my memory, and found some GOOD sources that can't be denied by intelligent researchers.

Will post that in next reply - will be to your same message Pumpkin.

Here ^^ we have a cretin who not only can't spell "Klan" while simultaneously trying to pass himself off as a "scholar" on it --- he actually posts a link, and quotes it, that not only has never been one of my source links, but completely corroborates my entire narrative.

Dood be like.... :dig:

>> Its very name struck terror in the hearts of its victims. However, the beginning of the Ku Klux Klan was innocent enough. In December 1865, eight months after the South’s surrender, a group of six young men living in the village of Pulaski near Nashville, Tennessee decided to relieve their boredom by organizing a social club. All were veterans of the Confederate Army and some had attended college where fraternities with three-letter, Greek-based names were popular. In mock-imitation, they came up with the alliterative title Ku Klux Klan for their group. Their meetings would be secret and devoted to elaborate ceremonies. Members would disguise themselves with a costume made up of a sheet to cover their bodies, fanciful masks to hide their faces and pointed headgear that heightened their stature. Their leader would be known as the Grand Cyclops.

Although their motives may have been innocent, the appearance of these white-sheeted, horse-mounted apparitions on the town’s darkened streets triggered a panic-driven flight for safety by the community’s recently freed slaves. Soon, terrorizing Blacks became a prime sport and the transition of the KKK from an innocuous social club to a ruthless vigilance committee began.

Transmitted by word-of-mouth and newspaper articles; knowledge of the Klan rapidly spread through the South. Post-war conditions in the former Confederacy were chaotic. The rapid expansion of the Klan was fueled by a wide-spread fear among many Southern Whites of an insurrection by former slaves and seething resentment against Northern “carpet-baggers” who had invaded the South since the end of the war. Local organizations mimicking the original group’s secrecy and costumes sprang up in various communities.<<​

--- then he thinks he can turn it off like a light switch by bracketing it with the words: "The FOLLOWING IS COMPLETE HORSE HOCKEY:---- End of Bovine Excrement .... "

Even though it's completely aligned with my dozens of other sources, right down to the US Government publication of 1967 that was my starting point. The six twentysomething young men are exactly the same six I've named over and over, in the building I've cited, on the date I've cited, and listed on the Daughters of the Confederacy plaque I posted.

I like it. As a timeline of events it's spot-on. Meshes perfectly with everything I've laid out. And no, I did not pay this poster to link this for me.

It does contain one inaccuracy though. And that is --- Pulaski is not "near Nashville". It's close to the Alabama border.

Last edited:
So many posts, Pogo, and all of them are mainly BS. Too much of liberal Media, Pogo. Your brains are slipping away from you. Go, go, go, gone....

Suggestion: stop listening to liberal Media and start reading the Bible.
Excellent advice but pogi is an anti so perhaps a wasted effort.

An "anti"? Don't even know what that is. I am an uncle though. Wanna see my grandniece?

5085-1503280505-019c7a9cb3a0a96b22ba5033f53670ce.jpg
"Anti" is Stormfront White Nationalist slang for anyone opposed to Nazis.

"Cultural marxist" is another favorite. That one has been used often by Steve Bannon.

Actually the Klan was founded originally by ex-soldiers who had no political party, and fifty years later re-founded by a con artist with also no known political affiliations. They may have their tendencies from one time and place to another but both of them insisted they were non-political.

Nope. Actually the original founders were out for nothing more than a joke. All that violence stuff came on after it was taken over from them. And at the time there were literally dozens of such groups.

And the second one that went much bigger and coast-to-coast, was a con artist out to milk membership money from the gullible, because he saw what a sensation "Birth of a Nation" was. Wouldn't have made sense to be murdering Republicans at the same time they were endorsing them.
You must be thinking of a different KKK, entirely, then, because the KKK I'm thinking of, the anti-black group, murdered blacks and Republicans.

Pumpkin, You are correct. Pogo is a very accomplished disinformation person. Most of his so-called clan history appears to be from internet sites from a 'kkk history' post. A lot of it appears to be from this site (note sites often plagiarize each other, using unattributed sources, unchecked facts and so on - so this might not be the exact site from which he posts such a distorted and UNTRUTHFUL history of the clan.)

I wil quote just a bit so you can see the similarity to pogo's first 'post' on the issue (no, I won't even bother rating his post as funny, or replying to him - consider him nothing but a leftist troll - a very skilled one - but a troll none-the-less - just like nycarbineer. extreme high number of posts- just means they've hung around for a long time- ratings - well- always take them with a huge dosing of NaCl.)

Its very name struck terror in the hearts of its victims. However, the beginning of the Ku Klux Klan was innocent enough. In December 1865, eight months after the South’s surrender, a group of six young men living in the village of Pulaski near Nashville, Tennessee decided to relieve their boredom by organizing a social club. All were veterans of the Confederate Army and some had attended college where fraternities with three-letter, Greek-based names were popular. In mock-imitation, they came up with the alliterative title Ku Klux Klan for their group. Their meetings would be secret and devoted to elaborate ceremonies. Members would disguise themselves with a costume made up of a sheet to cover their bodies, fanciful masks to hide their faces and pointed headgear that heightened their stature. Their leader would be known as the Grand Cyclops.

Transmitted by word-of-mouth and newspaper articles; knowledge of the Klan rapidly spread through the South. Post-war conditions in the former Confederacy were chaotic. The rapid expansion of the Klan was fueled by a wide-spread fear among many Southern Whites of an insurrection by former slaves and seething resentment against Northern “carpet-baggers” who had invaded the South since the end of the war. Local organizations mimicking the original group’s secrecy and costumes sprang up in various communities.

My radar on this guy went off immediately with p's first post - it reeked of bs.

I had studied the origins of the Clan more than 40 years ago, written a paper on it, and NOTHING in that origination story by p's was in accord with my recollection. Oh, and let me beat p' to the punch - before the inevitable "Well you've been a clan sympathizer and interested in them since being very young" ... kinda like what the Internet Mob has already done to that kid in Charlottesville over his studying of 'nazis'. During the time I researched the Clan - It was during the civil rights days of MLK and all that was going on here in the United States. The kkk was in the news daily. I was not living in the US, but with my military family - stationed in Japan. Discrimination and racism were something totally alien to me - it flat did not occur in the military at that time. It was severely punished when found - the officer's and NCO's would not allow it. Keeping up with the 'states' required us to READ, a lot, to understand what was going on. Who the hell were the 'kkk' ? Well, I read- BOOKS - to find out. Not the freaking internet.

But, bein' an old fart, held my fire, checked my memory, and found some GOOD sources that can't be denied by intelligent researchers.

Here ^^ we have a cretin who not only can't spell "Klan" while simultaneously trying to pass himself off as a "scholar" on it --- he actually posts a link, and quotes it, that not only has never been one of my source links, but completely corroborates my entire narrative.

>> Its very name struck terror in the hearts of its victims. However, the beginning of the Ku Klux Klan was innocent enough. In December 1865, eight months after the South’s surrender, a group of six young men living in the village of Pulaski near Nashville, Tennessee decided to relieve their boredom by organizing a social club. All were veterans of the Confederate Army and some had attended college where fraternities with three-letter, Greek-based names were popular. In mock-imitation, they came up with the alliterative title Ku Klux Klan for their group. Their meetings would be secret and devoted to elaborate ceremonies. Members would disguise themselves with a costume made up of a sheet to cover their bodies, fanciful masks to hide their faces and pointed headgear that heightened their stature. Their leader would be known as the Grand Cyclops.

Transmitted by word-of-mouth and newspaper articles; knowledge of the Klan rapidly spread through the South. Post-war conditions in the former Confederacy were chaotic. The rapid expansion of the Klan was fueled by a wide-spread fear among many Southern Whites of an insurrection by former slaves and seething resentment against Northern “carpet-baggers” who had invaded the South since the end of the war. Local organizations mimicking the original group’s secrecy and costumes sprang up in various communities.<<​

--- then he thinks he can turn it off like a light switch by bracketing it with the words: "The FOLLOWING IS COMPLETE HORSE HOCKEY:---- End of Bovine Excrement .... "

Even though it's completely aligned with my dozens of other sources, right down to the US Government publication of 1967 that was my starting point. The six twentysomething young men are exactly the same six I've named over and over, in the building I've cited, on the date I've cited, and listed on the Daughters of the Confederacy plaque I posted.

I like it. As a timeline of events it's spot-on. Meshes perfectly with everything I've laid out. And no, I did not pay this poster to link this for me.

It does contain one inaccuracy though. And that is --- Pulaski is not "near Nashville". It's close to the Alabama border.

Ummm ... The liar and self-admitted cretin (admits he salivated at fake CLAN history) has a tad problem with the name I choose to use ....

Hey Dingleberry:
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia
The group was known for a short time as the "Kuklux Clan". The Ku Klux Klan was one of a number of secret, oath-bound organizations using violence, ...
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

Chuckling at the typical AD HOMINEN of an ADMITTED CRETIN THAT SALIVATES OVER FAKE HISTORY.

As to which site you ACTUALLY got that fake history from, the one you salivated over and posted ... coulda been NPR/PBS - who ran similar such bizarro world CRAP in a pseudo-documentary.

WHO THE HELL CARES where you really got it from - so many sites copy from each other, and you just lap it up like the bottom dweller ye be.

It is refreshing to see just how predictable SAUL ALINSKY accolytes, such as pogo, continue to be- same old immoral and ugly tactics of the SATANISTS. And yeah- check that out 'cuz that really who ole SAUL deified.

As said previously by another SCHOLARLY poster: It's easy to handle pogo.

Glad to see my posts riled you so much that you continue to attempt to discredit them FOR DAYS.

Really got your goat, eh ? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha -- TRUTH WINS - bullcrap walks.

Toodle loo, pogo-r-u - Chew on it, fume on it, REJOICE that you actually got a reply from me ... the Good, the Bad, the MONKEYTROTS !!!!

Last edited:

Ummm ... The liar and self-admitted cretin (admits he salivated at fake CLAN history) has a tad problem with the name I choose to use ....

Hey Dingleberry:
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia
The group was known for a short time as the "Kuklux Clan". The Ku Klux Klan was one of a number of secret, oath-bound organizations using violence, ...
Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

Chuckling at the typical AD HOMINEN of an ADMITTED CRETIN THAT SALIVATES OVER FAKE HISTORY.

As to which site you ACTUALLY got that fake history from, the one you salivated over and posted ... coulda been NPR/PBS - who ran similar such bizarro world CRAP in a pseudo-documentary.

WHO THE HELL CARES where you really got it from - so many sites copy from each other, and you just lap it up like the bottom dweller ye be.

It is refreshing to see just how predictable SAUL ALINSKY accolytes, such as pogo, continue to be- same old immoral and ugly tactics of the SATANISTS. And yeah- check that out 'cuz that really who ole SAUL deified.

As said previously by another SCHOLARLY poster: It's easy to handle pogo.

Glad to see my posts riled you so much that you continue to attempt to discredit them FOR DAYS.

Really got your goat, eh ? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha -- TRUTH WINS - bullcrap walks.

Toodle loo, pogo-r-u - Chew on it, fume on it, REJOICE that you actually got a reply from me ... the Good, the Bad, the MONKEYTROTS !!!!

You sir, are a flaming idiot.

Whoever edited that line into Wiki left it unattributed. Anyone can edit Wiki and I can see that three edits were done to that page today alone.

Now let's show you what a real source looks like, Hunior.

5089-1503441669-5d5c55308f37d83e2006abe967ac78dc.jpg

The Fiery Cross: The Ku Klux Klan in America
by Wyn Craig Wade
page 33​

See any standard spelling of "clan" in there, Evelyn Wood?

The group was called "Klan" from the beginning. That *IS* the beginning. You're actually sitting on this board suggesting there was a group called the KKC. Think about it --- why would six well-educated klowns having fun with alliteration (Kuklux; "klaverns"; "kleagles") fail to follow the same pattern with the hard C of "clan"? If you were not this level of Dumbass I might invite you to notice also that this particular K-allieration --- actually the entire set of K-alliterations --- was contributed by the member whose name begins with a K.

From the beginning. Intentionally. Oopsie.

You're exposed as a fraud. And presumably a fraud who runs to edit Wikipedia so that you can cite yourself. Unfortunately the record is already on the record.

I must say, for all the head-up-the-ass pretenders that have tried to sell Klan bullshit on this board, you're the first one who couldn't even spell it.

But then you're also the kretin who posts an entire passage that backs up everything I said, one that I didn't even cite and had never seen, and then thinks somehow that DISproves what it plainly says. Hard to believe.

:dig:

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing how Conservatives will post lies in order to attack liberals?

This entire thread's premise is based on a lie- but the Contards applaud the lie.

Forum List

Back