Liberal Policies Create Poverty - It's That Simple

Liberals, what I don't get is this: how can you justify diminishing economic freedom whenit's always failed miserably?

This country, which is the great LIBERAL experiment, has not failed.

Conservatives had nothing, whatsoever to do with this country's success and have at several points tried to divide and destroy it.

Most notably when the Conservative confederates showed their treachery and started the war of Southern Slavery.

Income inequality leads to more people in jail, unemployment, underemployment, slower growth in demand...
Seriously? You can't possibly be saying people have been better off where the State declared equal incomes for all. We need to agree that we like the fact that people create their incomes, that people are different, and therefore people's incomes can vary.

What's the problem?

In a fair system absolutely.
I am a true-true believer in a Free-market system as the absolute best way of organizing a society, and nothing else holds a candle in the best way to afford the average citizen the best standard of living.
However, we no longer have a free market system. We have an oligarchical system that overwhelmingly favors the top tier financiers and largest companies.

Dear right wing, brain dead, fucking partisan hacks who refuse facts daily,

this country has already deemed taxes and helping the poor LEGAL and FULLY constitutional.

stop pretending you will change those decisions.

It makes you look like vacuous fucking zombies

We all know that TM. No one but a handful of people is talking about getting rid of taxes or not helping the poor.
Changing welfare laws to a hand up rather than hand out gets more out of poverty.
It is also legal to change the tax & welfare system.

Dem's polices are keeping the people dependent and in poverty. Lot's of people are starting to wake up to these facts.

Last edited:
Income inequality leads to more people in jail, unemployment, underemployment, slower growth in demand...
Seriously? You can't possibly be saying people have been better off where the State declared equal incomes for all. We need to agree that we like the fact that people create their incomes, that people are different, and therefore people's incomes can vary.

What's the problem?

You are right, I am not saying that we would be better off if the state declared equal incomes for all. When I talk about income inequality I am talking about relative income inequality as it relates to the issues I just brought up. In essence you know income inequality is too great when you see problems associated with income inequality.

In order to understand income inequality as an economic issue you can compare different points in time. There has always been income inequality in the US but it has changed over time. At times economic growth has reached a broader range of people and at other times it has only reached some. What I find troubling is that we have had a trend over the last 3 to 4 decades where income inequality is growing. The 90's being an exception as demand for labor with skills in computer fields far outpaced supply. Once supply caught up the country returned to the broader economic trends that existed before.

Or simply put I would take the income inequality present in the 90's or the 80's or the 70's. That if income inequality continues to grow the problems associated with it will grow and those problems will present not only harm to our economy but a threat to Democracy itself. It leads to desperation and is the death of Democracy.

What's the problem?

In a fair system absolutely.
I am a true-true believer in a Free-market system as the absolute best way of organizing a society, and nothing else holds a candle in the best way to afford the average citizen the best standard of living.
However, we no longer have a free market system. We have an oligarchical system that overwhelmingly favors the top tier financiers and largest companies.

Yep - and it's the Progressives in both parties who have set up that political system.
Progressive's hate the people being in power rather than them.

What's the problem?

You are right, I am not saying that we would be better off if the state declared equal incomes for all. When I talk about income inequality I am talking about relative income inequality as it relates to the issues I just brought up. In essence you know income inequality is too great when you see problems associated with income inequality.

In order to understand income inequality as an economic issue you can compare different points in time. There has always been income inequality in the US but it has changed over time. At times economic growth has reached a broader range of people and at other times it has only reached some. What I find troubling is that we have had a trend over the last 3 to 4 decades where income inequality is growing. The 90's being an exception as demand for labor with skills in computer fields far outpaced supply. Once supply caught up the country returned to the broader economic trends that existed before.

Or simply put I would take the income inequality present in the 90's or the 80's or the 70's. That if income inequality continues to grow the problems associated with it will grow and those problems will present not only harm to our economy but a threat to Democracy itself. It leads to desperation and is the death of Democracy.

Personally, I like the idea of a BIG (Basic Income Guarantee) and JG (Job Guarantee). I've actually been going back into some of the literature regarding the JG as a price anchor and as a mechanism to stabilize inflation. I'd really like to see a transition from NAIRU to a national buffer stock model. This could greatly help to reduce income inequality.

Republicans blame poverty on people wanting to get paid to much

If everyone would work for nothing, there would be more jobs

Our society places more value on investment than it does labor

Until that changes we will have poverty

...you know income inequality is too great when you see problems associated with income inequality...
We might want to understand that there's 'equal', there's 'unequal', but there's no such thing as 'sort of more or less equal'. It's one of those things that are either on or off and there's no part way setting. It's more like finding out your fiance was just "a little bit pregnant" when you first met her.

Beyond that we're no longer talking about income inequality. Now, if you want to talk about say, income mobility (being able in increase your income) then maybe we can talk hard numbers.

...you know income inequality is too great when you see problems associated with income inequality...
We might want to understand that there's 'equal', there's 'unequal', but there's no such thing as 'sort of more or less equal'. It's one of those things that are either on or off and there's no part way setting. It's more like finding out your fiance was just "a little bit pregnant" when you first met her.

Beyond that we're no longer talking about income inequality. Now, if you want to talk about say, income mobility (being able in increase your income) then maybe we can talk hard numbers.

There are degrees of inequality of income.... obviously. We are not talking about income mobility. That is a different issue entirely.

Do you need me to explain to you how there can be differences in degrees of income inequality. I consider it to be such an obvious fact that it didn't need explaining.

Forum List

Back