#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.

So the states can't run these programs ?
blockgrant them

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

The Meals on Wheels program is supposed to service people who are not able to get to a store to buy food. (ie, they are immobile) I know 3 people in my apartment complex who receive Meals on Wheels regularly. Here are the cars they own >>

1. 2014 Nissan Altima

2. 2015 Chevy Malibu

3. 2009 Mercedes

I don't get Meals on Wheels. I am 70 years old, slightly disabled, am a veteran. and my monthly income is $1131/month. - I have a '99 Buick Regal. And I shop for my food in WalMart, all the time.

The Meals on Wheels program is supposed to service people who are not able to get to a store to buy food. (ie, they are immobile) I know 3 people in my apartment complex who receive Meals on Wheels regularly. Here are the cars they own >>

1. 2014 Nissan Altima

2. 2015 Chevy Malibu

3. 2009 Mercedes

I don't get Meals on Wheels. I am 70 years old, slightly disabled, am a veteran. and my monthly income is $1131/month. - I have a '99 Buick Regal. And I shop for my food in WalMart, all the time.

Ah, well that explains your posts. You're malnourished.

The federal government is not a restaurant. There should be local solutions to hunger. No one goes hungry in our town. As small as we are, we have 2 huge food banks stocked by townspeople and the churches feed and clothe the poor and pay for heat and electric if need be. We deliver.

Good. I'm hungry. Make me a sammich. And deliver.

Make your own, I'm doing my nails, and grab me some iced tea, k?

In case you've missed it, the world is gearing up for WW3. They are testing weapons, creating allies and will be sharing their nukes as quickly as Iran can get their nuke assembly line cranking. In the mean time our military is woefully inadequate.
We are going to be nuked. Count on it. How well we respond, or strike first will be determined by how well prepared we are. We need our military as much at this point in time as we did in WW2. Or else we will lose the next one.

Ask yourself, how confident are you in Kim Jong Un's mental state?

Most red welfare states receive much more from the fed than they contribute. Hence - Trump supporters.

And I repeat:

You are a hack and a liar.

A red state is a state where over 50% pulled the lever for republicans.

That means that there is 49.9% who might have pulled it for democrats.

Now, what if everyone who voted democrat was living off the government.....

In your world it would be a "red state". Which is in no way representative.

You are a moron.

You are not an American.

Besides that is in no way germane to the argument.

If the red states want to throw granny off the cliff...that is their prerogative.

So the states can't run these programs ?
blockgrant them

Screw that.

Let them collect the taxes they need.

Keep the feds out of it.

Good thing Trump is cutting Planned Parenthood, PBS, Meals on Wheels, Endowment for the Arts and other worthless bullshit government programs out of the bloated Federal budget. The Federal budget that is $20 trillion in debt thanks mostly to that shithead Obama.

If you filthy Moon Bats want to fund killing the children on demand then pay for it yourself. If the Limousine Liberals loves PBS and the Endowment for the Arts then let them pay for it.

If there is a demand for Sesame Street then let the people that watch pay for it by listening to all the commercials, or pay for it on cable just like everybody else has to do.

1. 2014 Nissan Altima

2. 2015 Chevy Malibu

3. 2009 Mercedes

I am sure your not going to hear a response to that.....

After all....it just can't be true.

Trump just keeps making the future brighter for Democrats in 2018 and 2020.

There ya go, under-estimating the silent majority again. Keep that up, k?

Although I hate to see seniors suffer - the really hilarious thing is that Trump is giving your "silent majority", aka "poorly educated" a royal fucking. Let's see how they feel in 2018 and 2020.

Good thing Trump is cutting Planned Parenthood, PBS, Meals on Wheels, Endowment for the Arts and other worthless bullshit government programs out of the bloated Federal budget. The Federal budget that is $20 trillion in debt thanks mostly to that shithead Obama.

If you filthy Moon Bats want to fund killing the children on demand then pay for it yourself. If the Limousine Liberals loves PBS and the Endowment for the Arts then let them pay for it.

If there is a demand for Sesame Street then let the people that watch pay for it by listening to all the commercials, or pay for it on cable just like everybody else has to do.

My favorite part was cutting HUD. I have these lowlifes living next door to me in the suburbs. If we can give people enough money to live in the suburbs when they can't afford it, then HUD has way too much money.

Sure, I'll pay for housing for people that need it........in the inner-city, not the suburbs where they get a chance to ruin the area

What's worse for America: immigrants (which will enjoy massive increases in spending to keep them out) or starving the elderly?
Keeping out immigrants SAVES money :biggrin:
And so does starving the elderly. What's your priority? Starving the elderly or keeping a Mexican from picking your green beans?

Who is starving the elderly ?

If an elderly person dies in the city of Baltimore....is it Trump's fault or Baltimore's fault ?

What's worse for America: immigrants (which will enjoy massive increases in spending to keep them out) or starving the elderly?
And so does starving the elderly. What's your priority? Starving the elderly or keeping a Mexican from picking your green beans?

If an elderly person dies in the city of Baltimore....is it Trump's fault or Baltimore's fault ?
Trump pulls the funding. Trump is responsible.

Trump pulls the funding. Trump is responsible.

He's not eliminating any program. He's cutting funds to several that include Meals on Wheels. The people who receive this money can use all they want for Meals on Wheels.

Forum List

Back