Letterman upset with Obama's lies and notes Romney is more honest

Now you want to listen to Entertainers? lol

Who cares who offers it up? As long as the truth about Obama's lies is put out there. We know some media will avoid doing the same.

Letterman didn't point to any lies by Obama, just said he was taking liberty with the op-ed. The only statement by Obama anyone could have a problem with is when he said "would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy."

Which is taken out of context. And begs the question is bankruptcy "government assistance"?

no, dumb ass, he said the President was not telling the truth. When someone isn't telling the truth, that means they are LYING.
Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

Letterman didn't point to any lies by Obama, just said he was taking liberty with the op-ed. The only statement by Obama anyone could have a problem with is when he said "would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy."

Which is taken out of context. And begs the question is bankruptcy "government assistance"?

Here's the quote from the oped:

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk."

Mitt Romney - TARP and GM

I put his words in bold just to make it easy for you to find.

Most experts agree GM would not have made it out of bankruptcy. Would that be like offering someone food after they are dead and saying you assisted them?

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk."

Most experts agree GM would not have made it out of bankruptcy. Would that be like offering someone food after they are dead and saying you assisted them?

Did you just pull that out of your ass? Most experts do not agree with that assessment at all. The only reason Democrats didn't want it to happen is because then they would not have been able to protect the Unions and fuck over the Bond Holders. You pathetic Hack.

Who are most experts just saying that is somewhat vague don't you think?

Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

dumb ass

Did you just pull that out of your ass? Most experts do not agree with that assessment at all. The only reason Democrats didn't want it to happen is because then they would not have been able to protect the Unions and fuck over the Bond Holders. You pathetic Hack.

But many auto industry experts, including the Obama administration's former car czar, Steven Rattner, a Democrat, and former GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz, a Republican, say there was no private-sector financing available in 2009 and the bailout was the only way to keep the companies alive.
"He thinks we didn't try to borrow money from the banks?" Lutz told the Detroit Free Press in February. "The banks were even more broke than we were. Who had the money?"
Without financing during bankruptcy, GM and Chrysler would have had to go out of business, taking down many suppliers. That would have likely caused bankruptcies at the healthier automakers such Ford Motor (F, Fortune 500), who would not have been able to get the parts they needed to build cars. That is why Ford went to Capitol Hill in late 2008 pushing for the rescue of its rivals.
The Center for Automotive Research, a well-respected Michigan think tank estimates that the bailout therefore saved 1.5 million U.S. jobs by keeping GM, Chrysler and the companies that depended on them in business.
Even if one assumes private financing could have been found, what's clear from Romney's own criticism of the bailout is that the autoworkers at GM and Chrysler today would have been far worse off today than they were with the bailout.
The pension plans for United Auto Workers union members at the companies were basically left untouched. It's likely that without Treasury financing those pension plans would have been dumped on the government pension agency, reducing payments to many retirees. Plus, automakers would have likely tried to cut wages in bankruptcy, as many companies do. That didn't happen during these bankruptcies since Treasury, not bankers, was calling the shots.

3 answers to the auto bailout debate - Sep. 6, 2012

O'Reilly is on Letterman tonight.

He will bring it up again.

LOL

I would like to see the whole clip to see if Maddow set Letterman straight.

dumb ass

O'Reilly is on Letterman tonight.

He will bring it up again.

LOL

I would like to see the whole clip to see if Maddow set Letterman straight.

dumb ass

:lol:

dumb ass

Lol..."he didn't say he LIED, he said he wasn't telling the truth!!!"

Wow.

"DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: .....Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

He's talking about Obama claiming that Romney said to let Detroit go bankrupt during the debate. Romney of course never said that.

"LETTERMAN: ....the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he’s the president of course he’s right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."

Letterman: Say, Obama’s kind of lying about this GM bankruptcy thing, huh? « Hot Air

When I read the title of the thread; I figured he meant Benghazi. :lmao:

Yea, it's obvious that Obama is a huge liar.

Wow.

"DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: .....Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

He's talking about Obama claiming that Romney said to let Detroit go bankrupt during the debate. Romney of course never said that.

"LETTERMAN: ....the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he’s the president of course he’s right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."

Letterman: Say, Obama’s kind of lying about this GM bankruptcy thing, huh? « Hot Air

Wink, wink. Letterman read this joke from the teleprompter while all the while planning to cast his vote for Obama. :badgrin: :eusa_clap:

Now you want to listen to Entertainers? lol

Who cares who offers it up? As long as the truth about Obama's lies is put out there. We know some media will avoid doing the same.

Not telling the truth is lying... GAWD but you all will spin anything!

Going through a reorganization almost ALWAYS means government assistance of some form or another for large corporations with public stock holdings...a man who ran multimillion/billion dollar companies would be more then just a tad bit familiar with how they work...GAWD but the left are idiots!

The only question that begs answering is how stupid can the liberal left really be... </rhetorical question>

Forum List

Back