Letter of an Iraqi woman to Americans

I smell bullshit, this letter was written by some westerner with their heads up their asses and who have never even been to Iraq.

This may or may not be bullshit. But when I was in Turkey I came across a carpet merchant in Istanbul. We got to talking and I guess he could sense me and my friend wanted to hear what he really felt about Americans. Man. He was pissed. Bottom line was that he didn't hate Americans..but he was mad as hell at the government.

I'm sure there are alot of people that feel that way however this letter just comes off to me as bullshit, it really feels like it was written by a westerner who was against the Iraq war and wants to spout venom and bullshit.

Go to youtube, and put in Talk to an Iraqi. It is from This American Life..
It is an eye opener.

This may or may not be bullshit. But when I was in Turkey I came across a carpet merchant in Istanbul. We got to talking and I guess he could sense me and my friend wanted to hear what he really felt about Americans. Man. He was pissed. Bottom line was that he didn't hate Americans..but he was mad as hell at the government.

I'm sure there are alot of people that feel that way however this letter just comes off to me as bullshit, it really feels like it was written by a westerner who was against the Iraq war and wants to spout venom and bullshit.

It is an eye opener.

I'm sure there are many Iraqi's that hate us, they're not all the same (just as American's are not all the same). But there are many that wanted us there too. When my son spent a year in Baghdad in 2006 there were many Iraqi's that wanted to join the American army, women would bring the soldiers food and snacks that were on guard duty, my son became quite good friends with a few of the men that worked as civilians on their base. But he also told of others that did hate them...these are the ones that are also killing their own people with suicide bombers. They have their hard line haters there just like we have here, just i think more of them!

He or She was more than likely an American Christian or from some other Western country.

Could be,,,but as I asked IF the writer of the letter was truly Iraqi, was she Sunni or Shia?

Hard to say cause both the Sunnis and Shites despise Americans, the only Iraqis that don't are the Kurds.

Yeah, but if she was Sunni, she would have lost the privileges the Sunni's enjoyed under Saddam and the Shina are kinda repressing the Sunni,, which is playing a big part of the violence in Iraq today. So who is she going to blame, other than the Shina, the US of course.
Understand, this is a hypothetical question and nothing more.

It is an eye opener.

I'm sure there are many Iraqi's that hate us, they're not all the same (just as American's are not all the same). But there are many that wanted us there too. When my son spent a year in Baghdad in 2006 there were many Iraqi's that wanted to join the American army, women would bring the soldiers food and snacks that were on guard duty, my son became quite good friends with a few of the men that worked as civilians on their base. But he also told of others that did hate them...these are the ones that are also killing their own people with suicide bombers. They have their hard line haters there just like we have here, just i think more of them!
The guy who does the documentary doesn't hate us. He is normal guy who moved here after we invaded.. Watch the videos. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPEX0PnV-LU]Talk to an Iraqi - This American Life - Showtime: PART 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

Could be,,,but as I asked IF the writer of the letter was truly Iraqi, was she Sunni or Shia?

Hard to say cause both the Sunnis and Shites despise Americans, the only Iraqis that don't are the Kurds.

Yeah, but if she was Sunni, she would have lost the privileges the Sunni's enjoyed under Saddam and the Shina are kinda repressing the Sunni,, which is playing a big part of the violence in Iraq today. So who is she going to blame, other than the Shina, the US of course.
Understand, this is a hypothetical question and nothing more.

I understand that but alot of the Shites don't want us there either, they were fine with us removing Saddam for them but they wanted US Troops gone right after, plus alot of them are pissed when George Bush Sr abandoned them to be slaughtered after Gulf War 1. Plus the Mahdi Army is very anti American and they get support from Iran, both the Sunnis and Shites are no real big fans of the US right now, the only people who really want us in Iraq are the Kurds.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPfLdxEr0jk]Talk to an Iraqi - This American Life - Showtime: PART 2/2 - YouTube[/ame]

us or them? what are you talking about? the taliban weren't in iraq. bin laden wasn't in iraq. iraq had nothing to do with the attack on us.

have you read nothing over the last 10 years?

seriously. nothing about iraq "protected united states citizens".

it's easy to spout lies. but 9/11 had nothing to do with anything you said.

There were terrorist training camps found in Iraq....ask any soldier that's been there.
How do you know there were no taliban in Iraq? Or that Bin Ladin hadn't been there? Sadam backed these training camps, and he had alot more to do with 9-11 than alot of people think.
Thanks, Caroljo. You are right on the money.

You and carol don't have a clue...

There were terrorist training camps found in Iraq....ask any soldier that's been there.
How do you know there were no taliban in Iraq? Or that Bin Ladin hadn't been there? Sadam backed these training camps, and he had alot more to do with 9-11 than alot of people think.

apparently truth is trumped by their fevered imaginations.

And apparently the soldiers that were there were imagining it too?? If you believe Sadam had nothing to do with terrorism and training them (or providing the training) then you are completely clueless. Did you even look at the links i put here???

And apparently the soldiers that were there were imagining it too?? If you believe Sadam had nothing to do with terrorism and training them (or providing the training) then you are completely clueless. Did you even look at the links i put here???

your stating what some unknown, unidentified, nonexistant "soldiers" said is not evidence of anything. what we KNOW is that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. did he give money to pals? yes. but again, nothing to do with 9/11... which is what we're talking about.

additionally, saddam HATED fundies. they cramped his infidel style. so he kept them our of iraq. we KNOW this. again, the training camps thing was debunked 10 years ago. but nice try.

what links?

Even the most partisan hacks - over the past five years I've been on this board - agree that Saddam hated AQ and they hated him (he was too secular). Only those with the IQ under 100 believe otherwise (links of no links)

your stating what some unknown, unidentified, nonexistant "soldiers" said is not evidence of anything. what we KNOW is that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. did he give money to pals? yes. but again, nothing to do with 9/11... which is what we're talking about.

additionally, saddam HATED fundies. they cramped his infidel style. so he kept them our of iraq. we KNOW this. again, the training camps thing was debunked 10 years ago. but nice try.

what links?

Page 3, #40 of this thread...please read the 1st link that was written in JULY 2011. And no, not all of the soldiers were unknown....it came from my son and others he was there with. But of course you don't know me and i could be just giving you shit. Thought i'd throw that out there before you did! Lol!

what links?

Page 3, #40 of this thread...please read the 1st link that was written in JULY 2011. And no, not all of the soldiers were unknown....it came from my son and others he was there with. But of course you don't know me and i could be just giving you shit. Thought i'd throw that out there before you did! Lol!

The second link is about the PLO (which nobody denies, but has what to do with 9-11 is anybody's guess).

As for the first link, would love some corroborative evidence.....seems flimsy at best...

what links?

The second link is about the PLO (which nobody denies, but has what to do with 9-11 is anybody's guess).

As for the first link, would love some corroborative evidence.....seems flimsy at best...

If course it does.....(and i only asked you to read the 1st link)

Forum List

Back