Let's try again with Sheriff Grady,

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
I think it's important to know how local law enforcement works and why it doesn't. The local Sheriff is a constitutional officer, directly elected by vote. He can only be removed only by the Governor, and there had better be a very good reason. Unlike a police force, who is led by a politico appointed by a mayor or council and reports to them, the sheriff reports to the people. Since 911 there has been expanded efforts by the feds to blend local leos in with the national effort in what they call "fusion", and there are these fusion centers everywhere. They are greased with money and equipment grants from the feds and the obligatory strings are attached. That's when the cops started getting all that military grade stuff and started adopting swat tactics for everything. A Sheriff's department can be a positive force or it can be a blight worse than the crime, depending on how the citizens react. It is very important to know what is actually going on around you and not depending on an outcome based newspaper to inform you.

I think it's important to know how local law enforcement works and why it doesn't. The local Sheriff is a constitutional officer, directly elected by vote. He can only be removed only by the Governor, and there had better be a very good reason. Unlike a police force, who is led by a politico appointed by a mayor or council and reports to them, the sheriff reports to the people. Since 911 there has been expanded efforts by the feds to blend local leos in with the national effort in what they call "fusion", and there are these fusion centers everywhere. They are greased with money and equipment grants from the feds and the obligatory strings are attached. That's when the cops started getting all that military grade stuff and started adopting swat tactics for everything. A Sheriff's department can be a positive force or it can be a blight worse than the crime, depending on how the citizens react. It is very important to know what is actually going on around you and not depending on an outcome based newspaper to inform you.

America can't continue to punish and increase the punishment as a solution to America's problems.

When will Americans agree that new solutions and new attitudes are required?

Is that what your motive is by posting this thread?

It's Florida! :spinner:

When will Americans agree that new solutions and new attitudes are required?
I believe that is what the sheriff wants to do, introduce some new attitudes to these thugs instead of plea bargaining their asses back on the street. If you want to invite them over to your house for chips and dip I'm sure that could be arranged.

Forum List

Back