Let's Talk About Freedom Of Speech

Ok, fair enough

but I gather that the mother country is a little closer to 1984 than we are
It was definitely culture shock getting used to regularly emailing my English friend and realizing that there are things they cannot talk about if their government doesn't want them to. Wording emails regarding anything that the media is blacking out is a weird, eerie proposition. She said it was a huge relief to come to the US where she could talk about anything she wished to.

So long as you're not inciting violence you can say what you want. i have the same freedom. i can curse my government all I want and i have.
You like governmentally compelled speech, expression, and association, right?

You like governmentally compelled speech, expression, and association, right?
Not sure I understand. I have the right to protest and there are protests happening in Tel Aviv now. But go to Damascus and protest against the Assad regime or go to Gaza and protest against Hamas and see what happens to you.

A difference between us is in my country violence is usually political in nature. You have much violent crime and i do not really understand the situation.

I do not know what country you live in.

Here in the States, violent crime has a lot to do with the fact that this nation consists of many different ethnicities (races).

I will NOT explain more in this short post.

I am guessing that in your country, almost everyone looks the same and has the same ideas about culture, etc.

Have a nice day!

Not sure I understand. I have the right to protest and there are protests happening in Tel Aviv now. But go to Damascus and protest against the Assad regime or go to Gaza and protest against Hamas and see what happens to you.
Should one be compelled by the state to provide goods and services one does not ordinarily provide for homosexual occasions:?

Slander, liable, sedition... Those aren't threats: they are illegal speech.
Slander and liable are? Show where in the criminal code are the punishments laid out by law........ You can't because other than sedition they are not illegal, they have potential CIVIL consequences but not criminal ones.
Besides if slander and liable were illegal the media would be out of business.

Freedom of speech is all about being free to say what you think or believe without consequence, as long as it is legal (no inciting, etc.). These days, people are getting persecuted, fired, or kicked off social media or whatever for saying things that ought to be permitted even if it goes against accepted dogma or policy. And you don't see the Right doing that nearly as much as the Left. Which is a little bit scary if you consider that controlling the narrative is among the early steps to a totalitarian gov't.

A difference between us is in my country violence is usually political in nature. You have much violent crime and i do not really understand the situation.
Import 10 million porch monkeys, then you will understand

Freedom of speech is all about being free to say what you think or believe without consequence, as long as it is legal (no inciting, etc.). These days, people are getting persecuted, fired, or kicked off social media or whatever for saying things that ought to be permitted even if it goes against accepted dogma or policy. And you don't see the Right doing that nearly as much as the Left. Which is a little bit scary if you consider that controlling the narrative is among the early steps to a totalitarian gov't.
Time for the right to sharpen our own weapons and start fighting back. Did we think that if we didn't fight back, the left would eventually just get tired of being hateful? Did we think that if we didn't fight back, they'd get tired of being assholes? Did we think that exercising patience and forbearance would inspire them to become better people?

Time to fight back.

I admire the peaceful nature of the trucker protest, but where did it get them?

Time to fight.

Slander and liable are? Show where in the criminal code are the punishments laid out by law........ You can't because other than sedition they are not illegal, they have potential CIVIL consequences but not criminal ones.
Besides if slander and liable were illegal the media would be out of business.
Yes, and as a potential such speech is often punished by huge awards, so it's not legal in any real sense.

Fox News, One America News and News Max would certainly be out of business.

Yes, and as a potential such speech is often punished by huge awards, so it's not legal in any real sense.

Fox News, One America News and News Max would certainly be out of business.
Obviously you have no idea what illegal means. Illegal means we suffer CRIMINAL punishment set forth by law, the huge rewards are not set by the government but awarded in CIVIL trials. You need to look up the difference. As for medias being out of business it would be all of them regardless of political bent, the left is just as bad as the right and no where near as bad as they both used to be back in the 17 & 1800s.
Heck if they were illegal most (if not all of us) on this board would be in violation of the law.

Last edited:
Obviously you have no idea what illegal means. Illegal means we suffer CRIMINAL punishment set forth by law, the huge rewards are not set by the government but awarded in CIVIL trials. You need to look up the difference. As for medias being out of business it would be all of them regardless of political bent, the left is just as bad as the right and no where near as bad as they both used to be back in the 17 & 1800s.
Obviously you missed my entire point.

It was definitely culture shock getting used to regularly emailing my English friend and realizing that there are things they cannot talk about if their government doesn't want them to. Wording emails regarding anything that the media is blacking out is a weird, eerie proposition. She said it was a huge relief to come to the US where she could talk about anything she wished to.
I suspect there are too many foreigners in the UK now for native brits to ever get their country back

Sadly. In 2006, we drove through Blackburn but did not dare get out of the car.
I met an attractive 30ish classic blond swedish woman (married) who said most of her friends she grew up with were no longer living in Sweden

and crazy libs want to do the same thing to America

I met an attractive 30ish classic blond swedish woman (married) who said most of her friends she grew up with were no longer living in Sweden

and crazy libs want to do the same thing to America
Yes, they do. We're a bulwark here in the Midwest, still having large families of blonde, blue-eyed kids!

Forum List

Back